The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boys have been nominated for Top Duo/Group, Top Billboard 200 Artist, and Top Social Artist for the 2014 Billboard Awards. https://twitter.com/OfficialBBMAs/status/453980086253789184
    They are far from leading in the number of nominations though, Imagine Dragon & Lorde are with 12 of the 40 awards, but it's great anyway! No idea who they are up against, and I don't know if it's voted by fans or based on statistics...
    The 2014 Billboard Music Awards are in Las Vegas on May 18th. The boys are on break between South America and Ireland, so who knows if they'll go?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More info on the Midnight Memories Vinyl for Record Store Day (19th April)
    http://www.onedirectionmusic.com/static/news/midnightmemories-recordstoreday.html

They seem to expect that it will sell out fast, but does anyone really plan to buy it here? I am not convinced, but then again, I was proven wrong about the power of 1D fans in the past.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    More info on the Midnight Memories Vinyl for Record Store Day (19th April)
    http://www.onedirectionmusic.com/static/news/midnightmemories-recordstoreday.html

They seem to expect that it will sell out fast, but does anyone really plan to buy it here? I am not convinced, but then again, I was proven wrong about the power of 1D fans in the past.

I think I might try and get a couple. One to keep. And one to put on eBay. :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »

I suppose it's true that this is an efficient way to get back some of the money spent on 1D merch.... :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it's true that this is an efficient way to get back some of the money spent on 1D merch.... :kitty:

LOL true. I was thinking of waiting a month or 2 and sell it. If they are quite limited, it should get quite a good price on eBay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some information about the cameras allowed for the WWA tour on twitter:

Wembley stadium said that as long as your camera lens is less than 20cm on full zoom then it's fine to take to the concert!
    Absolutely no professional cameras, cameras with removable lenses, or camcorders will be allowed at WWA tour unless you have a press pass.
    All press at WWA tour have to apparently sign a document before they shoot and can only shoot the first three songs and finale.

Seems like I won't be able to bring my camrecorder then... and my camera is an old school camera (with a film in it!) with a removable lens...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some information about the cameras allowed for the WWA tour on twitter:

Wembley stadium said that as long as your camera lens is less than 20cm on full zoom then it's fine to take to the concert!
    Absolutely no professional cameras, cameras with removable lenses, or camcorders will be allowed at WWA tour unless you have a press pass.
    All press at WWA tour have to apparently sign a document before they shoot and can only shoot the first three songs and finale.

Seems like I won't be able to bring my camrecorder then... and my camera is an old school camera (with a film in it!) with a removable lens...

Bring a thick jacket with secret pockets in it to smuggle it in LOL! Seems a bit unfair, but I guess they are worried about copyright etc. And what's with the press only being allowed to photograph three songs and the finale? Seems a bit restrictive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring a thick jacket with secret pockets in it to smuggle it in LOL! Seems a bit unfair, but I guess they are worried about copyright etc. And what's with the press only being allowed to photograph three songs and the finale? Seems a bit restrictive.

I just wanted to film a little, like how huge Wembley will be & the staging & some little bits... But not the entire thing for sure! I want to enjoy myself, not film the entire time!
    We'll see... we always have our phones I suppose, however bad the image quality is!

Maybe they have already planned to release a concert DVD, and don't want the entire concert in HD & good sound quality online?
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boys have been nominated for Top Duo/Group, Top Billboard 200 Artist, and Top Social Artist for the 2014 Billboard Awards. https://twitter.com/OfficialBBMAs/status/453980086253789184
    They are far from leading in the number of nominations though, Imagine Dragon & Lorde are with 12 of the 40 awards, but it's great anyway! No idea who they are up against, and I don't know if it's voted by fans or based on statistics...
    The 2014 Billboard Music Awards are in Las Vegas on May 18th. The boys are on break between South America and Ireland, so who knows if they'll go?

That would be a good time to promote You & I, perhaps even perform it at the awards show (I hope better than SOML at AMAs). They'd either have to hang around the US for a week, maybe working on the album, or fly back and forth. They could do a US TV performance on the way to S America instead though - give it a push at the start of it's radio release.

Any news on when BGT live finals are? I think they were only over 7 days last year so the boys could do a midweek slot (like Little Mix will do).
    I just wanted to film a little, like how huge Wembley will be & the staging & some little bits... But not the entire thing for sure! I want to enjoy myself, not film the entire time!
    We'll see... we always have our phones I suppose, however bad the image quality is!

Maybe they have already planned to release a concert DVD, and don't want the entire concert in HD & good sound quality online?

I'm very much expecting that they film the Wembley show and release it as a DVD in time for Christmas. They'll make a LOT of £$£$£ from the fans who can't see the concert. They can they use footage for whatever TV special they are going to have end of the year. Ben has the experience to do it.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Behind the scenes of the "That Moment" video shoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZddNhrlTOY&feature=youtu.be
    Hilarious! :D

now i know what zayn's reaction will be when i tell him he's my favourite member :blush::blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

now that's an idea, lolz!! :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clevver's ultimate fan guide DVD... are they not releasing it in the UK? :(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbs_H2wEr04
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awww!! lucky spanish directioner gets invited by niall's dad inside their house (nialler was unfortunately in london-- as we all know ;-))... now all i need to see are her pics with little theo horan... :)http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/552483/aw-one-direction-fan-in-a-dream-after-niall-horan-s-dad-bobby-invites-her-into-family-home
  • ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    No she won't as I am older than your mum :D I am going to pretend I am MTUK or Albrighty's mum even if I look like neither of them :D:D:D I was in two minds too but thought heck we only live once!!

Too right! :D I went to see Steps at Brighton Centre when I was younger and it was fab. I reckon my dad was the only straight male there. Lol! He didn't care though. I think it's all about having fun, if you like the artist/their music and you can go then why not?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boys announce their next single https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDPyZFJU530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My tickets just arrived! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My tickets just arrived! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mine haven't yet... :(
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    boys announce their next single https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDPyZFJU530

Hoping they do a lot more promotion for this song. The lack of extra tracks on an EP needs looked at as it would encourage the fans to buy again. Would have liked a recorded version of Teenage Dirtbag for instance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear. :( Where did you order yours from?
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

PM when they do and how much I owe you etc :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Neither have mine... Have you ordered them at ticketmaster as well?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    They announced a remix challenge for fans to create their own remix for the You & I single. They've uploaded all the vocal stems to soundcloud for it. Also they announced the release date for the video and song as well as the tracklist. Video out April 18th, song out May 25th, tracklist:

1. You & I (Radio Edit)
    2. You & I (Big Payno Remix)
    3. You & I (Duet Version)
    4. You & I (Piano Version)

I'm curious to see how the piano and duet versions sound. Also Liam has remixed the song into an big dance number, and you can hear a snippet of it:

https://soundcloud.com/onedirectionmusic/you-i-big-payno-remix-snippet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cakesy wrote: »
    They announced a remix challenge for fans to create their own remix for the You & I single. They've uploaded all the vocal stems to soundcloud for it. Also they announced the release date for the video and song as well as the tracklist. Video out April 18th, song out May 25th, tracklist:

1. You & I (Radio Edit)
    2. You & I (Big Payno Remix)
    3. You & I (Duet Version)
    4. You & I (Piano Version)

I'm curious to see how the piano and duet versions sound. Also Liam has remixed the song into an big dance number, and you can hear a snippet of it:

https://soundcloud.com/onedirectionmusic/you-i-big-payno-remix-snippet

Harry's voice in the lead vocals makes me melt. He sounds so lush. :blush:

And Zayn's high note gave me shivers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry's voice in the lead vocals makes me melt. He sounds so lush. :blush:

And Zayn's high note gave me shivers.

It's a really lovely song. Although, the grammar is a bit iffy LOL! You and I?????!!! LOL!

It's released May 25, so I reckon they will do promo for it as they will have finished the South American tour by then. It will be good to see those gorgeous cuties back on TV. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Hoping they do a lot more promotion for this song. The lack of extra tracks on an EP needs looked at as it would encourage the fans to buy again. Would have liked a recorded version of Teenage Dirtbag for instance.

Me too. Zayn just kills it on that song with his vocals.