Options

The Johnny Carter (Sam Strike / Ted Reilly) Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CSweeet7 wrote: »
    I wonder if Sam is gay in real life - to my knowledge he's never referenced either way on twitter or in interviews. I might just mistake him for being a very good/amazing actor, but he's very 'natural' when it comes to the 'gay' scenes which makes me think he could be recalling his own experiences/feelings?

I don't know, but he's amazing regardless!

I'm not sure is the honest answer. Daran Little tweeted a while ago saying well done to all the straight actors who have played gay characters in his scripts, and he included Sam in it. So he probably is. But I like the fact that Sam doesn't talk about stuff like that. I doubt he really cares what people think about him, which is really refreshing.
    O.M.G, I've got another favorite male in EE. Woohoo :D

Johnny & Lee's talk on the sofa was incredible! Johnny wanted to talk to him, but that wasn't needed for Lee's sake. What could have been a cliché didn't, and I loved that. Lee's totally supporting Johnny, and he can send anyone to Lee's if they have a problem with him(Johnny) :blush: Can't wait to see him when Johnny starts dating a guy.

Again, love the Carter siblings. They feel so natural and like real sibling, along with their parents.

Ok, where was Johnny headed when he came down from upstairs in the Vic? He had his coat on him, and I saw some braces/suspenders on him. Ahh loved that! :blush: Lee straighten his jacket and shirt, and Johnny straighten out Lee's tshirt and said something with "gorgeous" :D

can't wait to see more of both of them tonight, and hopefully there's a little scene with them.

They were so cute together, and I already love Lee. He just fitted straight into the family. Lovely to see. :kitty:

I assumed Johnny was going to work (at The Albert); that's what he was wearing for his opening night so I guess it's his 'uniform'.

And yes, I really hope we get some more Lee/Johnny interaction tonight, especially as Johnny isn't in Thursday and Fridays episodes. :(
  • Options
    SoapsqueenSoapsqueen Posts: 12,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously Johnny is my favourite character. He's just so cute😘 and I honestly love the chemistry between the three siblings, it's as of they really are related. They just seem to have this amazing bond. I'm looking so forward to seeing what storylines are ahead for johnny.
  • Options
    BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Sam is gay in real life - to my knowledge he's never referenced either way on twitter or in interviews. I might just mistake him for being a very good/amazing actor, but he's very 'natural' when it comes to the 'gay' scenes which makes me think he could be recalling his own experiences/feelings?

It would be amazing if he was. :cool:
  • Options
    BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actors Sam's age should be allowed to flirt with bisexuality, it's wise of him to perpetuate the "Is he or isn't he?" mystery. I'm a great believer in not being obligated to identify your preferences until you reach your thirties because then you've had a ton of experiences - as long as those experiences are safe.
  • Options
    tomas08tomas08 Posts: 177
    Forum Member

Be cool if he was but judging by his tweets I would say he is not.

In terms of johnny I hope they treat him well and put him with someone who works. I love to see johnny be with someone becoming an iconic couple. I like them to face things as a couple rather than one has an affair or turns into a murderer. I would wait for a bit let johnny find someone in his own time. I like to see more carter related stuff first. Hope the fact they keep going on about his virginty had nothing to do with future related story. We don't want him turning into max and sleeping around all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomas08 wrote: »
    Be cool if he was but judging by his tweets I would say he is not.

Oh really? Which ones? Just out of curiosity;-)
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From his tweets, he doesn't give a clear picture of his sexuality- atleast not in the tweets I've read. I just love that he's a comic fan/superhero fan- just as I am, lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Sam was at the Spider-man premiere today. Lots of very cute fan photos of him on Twitter. And this one of him on his own:

https://twitter.com/___juliab/status/454292943097327616

Love his outfit! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love his outfit too! Suits him :)

Roll on monday for new Johnny scenes!! :D:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love his outfit too! Suits him :)

Roll on monday for new Johnny scenes!! :D:blush:

He seemed so excited to be there judging from his Twitter. So cute. :D

Johnny is in three episodes the week after next, every one except for Thursday. Nice to know he's in it really consistently over the next couple of weeks; I doubt he'll be in a high number of scenes but at least he'll have a little bit to do each episode. :)
  • Options
    tomas08tomas08 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Oh really? Which ones? Just out of curiosity;-)

I won't lie I can't be bothered to research but this article say it all really. http://www.list.co.uk/article/60130-eastenders-danny-dyers-advice-wasted-on-sam-strike/

I know shattered all dreams. Sorry. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomas08 wrote: »
    I won't lie I can't be bothered to research but this article say it all really. http://www.list.co.uk/article/60130-eastenders-danny-dyers-advice-wasted-on-sam-strike/

I know shattered all dreams. Sorry. :(

I personally don't think Sam is gay but I don't think that interview tells us either way. He doesn't say he's into girls, just that he's not very good talking to them. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be too, if I were to go to the premiere of my favorite comic hero :)

I think it's very sweet that he's not very good at talking to girls, very relateable to some guys in real life.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I personally don't think Sam is gay but I don't think that interview tells us either way. He doesn't say he's into girls, just that he's not very good talking to them. ;-)

That's wishful thinking on your part babe. (In Max Branning's voice).

;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw on Twitter. Gosh he is gorgeous. So lovely!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    That's wishful thinking on your part babe. (In Max Branning's voice).

;-)

:D:D:blush:

(But leave Max Branning out of it. That guy makes me shudder. :p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, leave that vile characters name out of this thread, please ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if all the Carter actors have been off the last couple of weeks? Sam and Danny-Boy definitely seem to have been. Hopefully they're back at work on Monday, otherwise we're going to get another long period with no Carter stuff whatsoever. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://instagram.com/p/mpBNg0yryl/

Love this picture of Sam, Danny and Kellie. They really do act like a little family bless them. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love this picture of Sam, Danny and Kellie. They really do act like a little family bless them. :kitty:

They all look really close :)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:blush:

(But leave Max Branning out of it. That guy makes me shudder. :p)

He is so not my type, but he is simply gorgeous Max is
    and he has an amazing bum as well

The scene in just his towel felt xmas came early
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is so not my type, but he is simply gorgeous Max is
    and he has an amazing bum as well

The scene in just his towel felt xmas came early

Really :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How sweet :) They look like a regular loving family out for dinner...

Sam gets more sexy each time there's a new picture of him :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sweet :) They look like a regular loving family out for dinner...

Sam gets more sexy each time there's a new picture of him :blush:

Is it weird that I keep admiring Sam's teeth when I look at that picture? They're so even and neat! :blush:

(The rest of him is also very nice. :D)
  • Options
    issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Don't think he's gay cos i remember reading a tweet... *searches for it*

ok found it..

Sam Strike: Gonna shower...play some mafia 2 ... Then walk round to dads to watch dark knight rises....I'm not sad haha oh dear...I need a girlfriend.
    8 Sep13