Selling the PS4

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm getting to that point now of selling the PS4. It's barely had any use since launch. I've always loved Playstation but there's nothing that interests me at the moment or planned for the rest of the year :-(

I have plenty to play on the PS3 to be honest, but will I regret it?!

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Yep. You'll only end up rebuying it.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Unless you need cash, keep it.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you get a great price for it then why not. If you don't then tougher decision.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Watch Dogs, TLOU, Destiny, UC4

Worth keeping I thnk, at least you do not have to purchase one as you already have one
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    why did you bother buying it so quickly for launch:confused:

surely you must have known the score by now consoles launches are always slow it takes a good year or so before things truely kick off

its only been out for what 7months out of what could possibly be 5-6 years or more worth of games
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vita all over again, huh? It's like the gaming equivalent of "your eyes are bigger than your belly..."

As already said, keep it unless you need the cash. You'll only end up buying one again and, in the long run, throwing money away unless you somehow manage to at least break even every time you sell something...
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Went through a stage of wanting to get rid if mine a month or so ago but then I had a break for a week, bought Infamous & I'm happy with it again. Trials Evolution is getting bought this week and next month it's Watchdogs & UFC
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im having a ball with mine. My main game is bf4 but I've been renting games from library last few weeks. 2 quid for a week. This week have ghosts and cause of easter weekend Have it for 10 days. Playing campaign at least and dabbling a little with online.
    Forum Member
    Trials eh.. I was looking at that on Amazon. Is it just a biking game? What's the story with it??
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Trials eh.. I was looking at that on Amazon. Is it just a biking game? What's the story with it??

If it's anything like the one I had on 360, it's basically just a while load of obstacle courses to navigate on a dirt bike, getting high scores & trying to tip your friends scores/times. Very addictive & is one of those games where "one more go" ends up being two hours later
    Forum Member
    Sorry, Trials Fusion, not Evolution
    Forum Member
    I didn't notice. I knew what you were on about. I'll keep an eye on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends if games like watchdogs interest you next gen or last gen. Lots of the games getting released at this point are multi-platform so will be available on PS3. Only you know if you need to money back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have both ps4 and xbox one and the ps4 gets very little use. I guess it was an impulse buy. I won't sell it though as I don't wanna rebuy a ps4 when something I want comes out on it.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Hey, is this the thread where we complain about the first year of a new console sucking because that's NEVER happened before right? ...right?

Honestly, go with that gut instinct, sell it, because it's that same instinct that caused you to buy it in the first place without doing proper research. If you was expecting like a new major game every month and for PlayStation Plus to be giving you all the latest PS4 titles for free, you're pretty much off the mark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    I'm getting to that point now of selling the PS4. It's barely had any use since launch. I've always loved Playstation but there's nothing that interests me at the moment or planned for the rest of the year :-(

And when PS3 loses developer support what happens then? "Oh I wish I kept my PS4".
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    I'll give you £50 for it. Not that I want one yet as there's no games I want to play, but ya know, rainy day an' all that.

Regards

Mark
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    I'll give you £50 for it. Not that I want one yet as there's no games I want to play, but ya know, rainy day an' all that.

Regards

Mark

I can't understand why people are constantly whinging on about the ps4 having no games because I've got that many I don't know whether I'm coming or going & that doesn't even include the free ps+ titles! :confused:

(Bought Lego movie & hobbit via digital download on Friday!) :)
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it. Put it in a cupboard anything but sell it. It's got a future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I can't understand why people are constantly whinging on about the ps4 having no games because I've got that many I don't know whether I'm coming or going & that doesn't even include the free ps+ titles! :confused:

(Bought Lego movie & hobbit via digital download on Friday!) :)

I think it's exclusives people complain about. I buy most of my multiplats on xbox one and Killzone and infamous didn't really do anything for me. I bought Thief on ps4 but I find the game a bit boring.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck it to one side until something you really realy want to play comes out on it.

I finished ACIV last week on it and now it's back to gathering dust for now as I'm finally giving AC3 on the PC a go - found it boring before but now I know the combat moves Im actually enjoying it!

I've considered selling my PS4 on numerous occasions but deep down I know I will regret it so it stays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's exclusives people complain about. I buy most of my multiplats on xbox one and Killzone and infamous didn't really do anything for me. I bought Thief on ps4 but I find the game a bit boring.

If you have both why would you buy multiplats on Xbox 1 :confused:

Now let me make it clear i'm not one of those that hates the X1 in fact be getting one within a few months but when i do have both I can't imagine looking at a shelve in a game shop knowing there is a difference between the two games even if its as small as resolution and then paying the same price for the technically worse game, i couldn't even use the controller as an excuse (if its more comfortable) because a third party one that is the same will eventually end up on PS4
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »

Regards

Mark

I'll see your £50 and raise you £50... but I'd want the receipt in case anything went wrong with it... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I'll see your £50 and raise you £50... but I'd want the receipt in case anything went wrong with it... :D

I'll go another £50 higher if you throw in your PSN ID so i can get the downloaded games, i promised i won't miss use it :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »

Just sell it and stop with these whining threads. You said ages ago that you bought it as you had the money available and might not have it later on so I don't know what you really expect.

I bought mine almost purely because I wanted to play BF4 with 64 players and that's pretty much what I've done. I'd like more games too but I probably would still fall back into BF4 anyway.