Options

Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is underhand, as he has played a huge role in getting them as far as they have got so far, and to have someone else apart from Simeone picking the Athletico Madrid team, would just not be right I feel, but if others feel differently, then they are just as entitled to that view.

Good luck to Chelsea, it would be great for English football if they won the tournement, so I have no qualms about that in that respect.

I don't think it would be "underhand" if we attempted to make Atletico stick to their contractual agreement. The loan deal has suited both parties, and they have had a world class keeper for several seasons, presumably on the cheap ?
    But as I said in a previous post, I would have liked to see Chelsea wave that particular clause and let Courtois play without a compensation payment for the sake of the player.
    It wouldn't make me feel any less satisfied to beat them without Courtois, but I would have felt sorry for him having to sit the game out.
    What I objected to was FIFA sticking their oar in, that just got my back up and I could understand if we decided to dig our heels in and get bloody minded.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    Any teams fans that win the title would be unbearable. I don't think this is a label solely that can be aimed at Liverpool fans.

Some Chelsea fans were unbearable when they've won the title/cL, some Manchester United fans have been unbearable for 20 odd years.

What some people have to remember is that Liverpool haven't won the title for 24 years, if we win (and that is still a BIG if) we will celebrate. Sorry if that offends some people!!

I have to say I think Alan has lost his head a bit recently and I don't think it is called for going in other fans threads to wind them up, not like him really. Talkman and that KennyKeegan character are infuriating as are a couple of others.

I'm sure United fans feel the same about Lastrequest, Batdude etc.

Equally Chelsea fans you have the likes of codeblue.

I'm not sure who's claiming Linkinpark either.

Unfortunately this forum is full of biased prize idiots at times, that are so wrapped up and partizan they can't talk objectively about football and have to spoil it for everyone else, it's not just Liverpool Supporters!

Absolutely nailed on, well said!!

Cannot wait to face you guys, should be a cracking game!!
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    Absolutely nailed on, well said!!

Cannot wait to face you guys, should be a cracking game!!

Well I can't see past Norwich at the moment to be honest, but if we come out of that unscathed I think the Chelsea game will pretty much decide the title. Chelsea being in the CL is good for us as I think Mourinho would rather go all out for that but if he can have the League as well he will. I don't like him much but the guy is a winner, Brebdan is going to have to get the team at their best to see them off.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have to refute that
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    I have to say I think Alan has lost his head a bit recently and I don't think it is called for going in other fans threads to wind them up, not like him really. Talkman and that KennyKeegan character are infuriating as are a couple of others.

!

Maybe you and others need to check on what actually happened - I went into the AFC thread and defended Wenger against Mourinho - is that provocative? - and then the LFC captain was called an odious turd which nobody bar myself has criticised but I defended him - is that wrong? - and the conversation led to me talking about what a special club LFC was - which I believe but when I went into the thread that was not what I intended posting, it came about from the ridiculous attacks on SG that were going on.

I later came into this thread - CFC - and praised some sensible posters agreeing with their assessment of the PL race.

C07s rant is just that a rant with lots that could be challenged in it - but it is not worth it. Like I have said before he seems to have a problem with people who do not see the world his way.

I know what my motives are, I know I am not provocative and I know I have never deliberately wound up other posters. I have made mistakes for sure - and when I do I admit them - altho I am not sure last night was one of them but maybe it is foolish in general to go into other teams threads - some posters seem unable to admit to mistakes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you and others need to check on what actually happened

I remember you posting in this thread, and your posts being removed because they breached the terms and conditions of the forum.

This is a thread for fans of CFC, not for people to come in and mock the team when it is defeated.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Perhaps I phrased it badly, it just wouldn't seem right to me, if my team got to the final via underhanded means, (I didn't mean any harm), there would still be that question hanging over the tie of "what if", wouldn't it be better if there was no doubt about the tie, and you beat the best that they had to offer?

But if Courtois plays and Chelsea win, people will be asking "what if" about him not playing, questioning where his heart was in the two games. If the tie went to penalties, or Chelsea got a penalty during one of the games, people will ask if he let them score.

People will use anything to discredit anyone's victory. Whenever Man United win the title it's a weak league, if Liverpool win it will be because we don't have European football (the worst excuse I've seen) or because we now own the referees (thanks Fergie :p). If Chelsea win it will be because Courtois lets them, or because Atlético didn't play him.
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you and others need to check on what actually happened - I went into the AFC thread and defended Wenger against Mourinho - is that provocative? - and then the LFC captain was called an odious turd which nobody bar myself has criticised but I defended him - is that wrong? - and the conversation led to me talking about what a special club LFC was - which I believe but when I went into the thread that was not what I intended posting, it came about from the ridiculous attacks on SG that were going on.

I later came into this thread - CFC - and praised some sensible posters agreeing with their assessment of the PL race.

C07s rant is just that a rant with lots that could be challenged in it - but it is not worth it. Like I have said before he seems to have a problem with people who do not see the world his way.

I know what my motives are, I know I am not provocative and I know I have never deliberately wound up other posters. I have made mistakes for sure - and when I do I admit them - altho I am not sure last night was one of them but maybe it is foolish in general to go into other teams threads - some posters seem unable to admit to mistakes.

I do admit to mistakes.

I have made the mistake of trying to afford you a level of credibility in your own thread that on reflection appears undeserved. I sincerely apologise to you for that.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    I remember you posting in this thread, and your posts being removed because they breached the terms and conditions of the forum.

This is a thread for fans of CFC, not for people to come in and mock the team when it is defeated.

The irony of you lecturing anybody on winding up and mocking fans of other teams...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would recommend that you do challenge it if you think it possible, because from where I'm sitting it seems you probably would benefit from telling this forum which bits are incorrect.

One can only shudder at the irony of the second sentence I quote above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can't see past Norwich at the moment to be honest, but if we come out of that unscathed I think the Chelsea game will pretty much decide the title. Chelsea being in the CL is good for us as I think Mourinho would rather go all out for that but if he can have the League as well he will. I don't like him much but the guy is a winner, Brebdan is going to have to get the team at their best to see them off.

Yes, Norwich will be desperate to get something from that game, but I wouldn't under estimate Palace on the 5th May either. :)
    As I said last night, anything could happen. I don't see any of the top three getting maximum points from their remaining games, but you have a little more breathing room than us..for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a thought, can we please get back to talking about Chelsea in this thread?

Lets hope the city game was a wake up call to us for the weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Just a thought, can we please get back to talking about Chelsea in this thread?

That is a very fair point but you have to bear in mind that the reason some of the latest posts are non-Chelsea related is because they directly result from a poster running into another thread being very critical of your manager.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is a very fair point but you have to bear in mind that the reason some of the latest posts are non-Chelsea related is because they directly result from a poster running into another thread being very critical of your manager.

Personally I love the critism of Josem, It shows many things about the person one being how little they know and understand football another is how they know that he is so darn good yet they just cannot admit the guy is a proven winner.

The more people attack him it just means he is getting better and better with each passing season and that scares them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Personally I love the critism of Josem, It shows many things about the person one being how little they know and understand football another is how they know that he is so darn good yet they just cannot admit the guy is a proven winner.

The more people attack him it just means he is getting better and better with each passing season and that scares them

Indeed, the man is a born winner.

Is there anyone we would swap him for in the prem? Heck no.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Yeah, you were in the Liverpool thread slagging off Man Utd fans for being one-eyed (irony meter overload), then you go into the Arsenal thread doing the "arent Liverpool special?" routine and slagging off Chelsea (with the usual SAF reference) and now you are in the Chelsea thread acting surprised at the reaction you got, and patting people on the head who in your view are "posting sensibly" which seems to equate to "saying Liverpool are excellent". I find that fans interact sensibly most of the time when you do the same with them. Theres a good few on this thread who welcome a chat about their team and manager, but it doesnt really work if you are slagging them off in another thread.

This is why some people cant stand the thought of Liverpool winning. Its the sense of entitlement from *some* fans and this whole "arent we such a special club?" routine. Well guess what? Every football fan thinks their club is special else they wouldnt invest time and passion in being a fan. A Liverpool fan has no more special feeling about his club than a Chelsea fan or a non-league fan or anyone else. Im sure if you're married, you love your wife and think she is really special to you but that doesnt mean you feel the need to go round to your neighbours explaining why she is so much better than their wives. Then we throw in the whole "Steven Gerrard deserves a title" schtick which is rubbish and finally the "wouldnt it be appropriate on the 25th Anniversary of Hillsbourough" idea which i personally think is pretty distasteful to even attempt to link the two things. If Liverpool win the league then congrats to them and they will deserve it, and i'll be happy for some of the fans on this board in particular but for others i genuinely hope they never see another title.

Thread derailment over, i suspect this post wont last long anyway.
    Any teams fans that win the title would be unbearable. I don't think this is a label solely that can be aimed at Liverpool fans.

Some Chelsea fans were unbearable when they've won the title/cL, some Manchester United fans have been unbearable for 20 odd years.

What some people have to remember is that Liverpool haven't won the title for 24 years, if we win (and that is still a BIG if) we will celebrate. Sorry if that offends some people!!

Unfortunately this forum is full of biased prize idiots at times, that are so wrapped up and partizan they can't talk objectively about football and have to spoil it for everyone else, it's not just Liverpool Supporters!
    both excellent posts

unfortunately followed by a ridiculous one
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you were in the Liverpool thread slagging off Man Utd fans for being one-eyed (irony meter overload), then you go into the Arsenal thread doing the "arent Liverpool special?" routine and slagging off Chelsea (with the usual SAF reference) and now you are in the Chelsea thread acting surprised at the reaction you got, and patting people on the head who in your view are "posting sensibly" which seems to equate to "saying Liverpool are excellent". I find that fans interact sensibly most of the time when you do the same with them. Theres a good few on this thread who welcome a chat about their team and manager, but it doesnt really work if you are slagging them off in another thread.

This is why some people cant stand the thought of Liverpool winning. Its the sense of entitlement from *some* fans and this whole "arent we such a special club?" routine. Well guess what? Every football fan thinks their club is special else they wouldnt invest time and passion in being a fan. A Liverpool fan has no more special feeling about his club than a Chelsea fan or a non-league fan or anyone else. Im sure if you're married, you love your wife and think she is really special to you but that doesnt mean you feel the need to go round to your neighbours explaining why she is so much better than their wives. Then we throw in the whole "Steven Gerrard deserves a title" schtick which is rubbish and finally the "wouldnt it be appropriate on the 25th Anniversary of Hillsbourough" idea which i personally think is pretty distasteful to even attempt to link the two things. If Liverpool win the league then congrats to them and they will deserve it, and i'll be happy for some of the fans on this board in particular but for others i genuinely hope they never see another title.

Top Notch post Canty.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another excellent post.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey, why am I getting my name thrown into the mix here??:o:confused:confused:
    I don't think it would be "underhand" if we attempted to make Atletico stick to their contractual agreement. The loan deal has suited both parties, and they have had a world class keeper for several seasons, presumably on the cheap ?
    But as I said in a previous post, I would have liked to see Chelsea wave that particular clause and let Courtois play without a compensation payment for the sake of the player.
    It wouldn't make me feel any less satisfied to beat them without Courtois, but I would have felt sorry for him having to sit the game out.
    What I objected to was FIFA sticking their oar in, that just got my back up and I could understand if we decided to dig our heels in and get bloody minded.
    TheMunch wrote: »
    But if Courtois plays and Chelsea win, people will be asking "what if" about him not playing, questioning where his heart was in the two games. If the tie went to penalties, or Chelsea got a penalty during one of the games, people will ask if he let them score.

People will use anything to discredit anyone's victory. Whenever Man United win the title it's a weak league, if Liverpool win it will be because we don't have European football (the worst excuse I've seen) or because we now own the referees (thanks Fergie :p). If Chelsea win it will be because Courtois lets them, or because Atlético didn't play him.

You all make very good points, and have convinced me to alter my view(s) on this topic, it is a tricky subject but one that I think now should be best resolved between all parties involved, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Courtois himself.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    LinkinPark is one of ours. Thankfully, doesn't post in here.

Read earlier that we're planning on giving van Aanholt a shot with us next season. 23 years old and still making mistakes in the Dutch league......hardly inspires confidence.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member

Right many have asked me to analyse this so I will - altho it may take a while and I am not sure it is worth the time it will take but I will have a go - and hopefully this will be my last word on the matter.

You make it sound like I am in the habit of going into other teams threads and being provocative. Last night I was in the MUFC thread and said nothing anti MUFC in it, in the AFC thread and posted nothing anti AFC in it and in the CFC thread and posted nothing anti CFC in it - so where you get your facts from I have no idea. To illustrate this I will go over what happened last night re my posting.

I started by reading the LFC thread as I always do - there it spoke about some parts of the MUFC thread which were going into meltdown about the prospect of LFC winning the PL (or some similar phrase) so I went in it to look and for sure there were some ridiculous anti LFC posts. However I did not post in the MUFC thread picking up on any of this but went back in the LFC thread and said you had to smile at them - that's all I said. You see many MUFC fans have a pathological hatred of LFC - and LFC fans of MUFC, I recognise it works both ways and there is not a lot wrong with inter team rivalry if it is just banter and the natural football tribalism that exists. However when LFC sing re Munich, MUFC sing re Hillsborough, excrement is dropped on fans from stands above, ambulances containing badly injured players get rocked, toilets get wrecked at rivals grounds...etc that is when it has gone too far - and both sets of fans are as guilty as each other imo. But I digress. The truth is that they hate us doing so well and with how their season has gone it must be hard for them to take, its been hard for us for 24 years so to goad them further I did not think would be appropriate.

I then went into the AFC thread and saw a poster who said they wanted CFC to win the PL - which I found surprising given the way JM has treated Wenger recently with taunts re his lack of trophies and no handshake at the recent fixture - so I pointed this out - a pro AFC anti CFC view in the AFC thread which I thought would be received well. It wasn't and then a poster started getting very anti LFC and SG in particular calling him an odious toad - later he said he should have said turd. Charming I thought!! He then said how it was wrong that SG is seen as loyal given the CFC episode in 2005 giving his version of it which basically said that SG only stayed at LFC cos of money - which I felt was completely wrong so I went on to give my version which included the phrase which has been picked up a lot when I said he stayed at LFC cos in his eyes it is a special club. I said I agreed with that opinion. That was about as far as that discussion went.

Then I went into the MUFC thread again and saw a post from C07 having a go at me for saying in the AFC thread what a special club LFC was - which in no way recognised the context of why I said that - which was as above. I then did post in the MUFC thread chiding C07 by saying that his posts were developing an aggressive unfortunate style whereby they were often nasty to people like myself who always try to be fair minded - whilst obviously I never forget my LFC allegiance - but I accept my views may not always agree with him or others.

By this stage I was getting a bit fed up - so came into this thread and came across sensible posts from Dend and Richmond where they gave a fair analysis of where the PL race is up to - which I endorsed. In fact the only bit I disagreed with was where Dend said he thought CFC may lose points to Sunderland - I said I saw little likelihood of that. An attempt by me to be nice to CFC fans on their thread - but it was what I thought and still do think so why not.

Last night I also posted in the Luton promoted thread and the EFC out of the top 4 race thread - the former about my mug collection and charity trip round the 92 grounds and the latter saying what an unthinking poster the OP was - as clearly EFC are not out of the top 4 race as they are just 1 point behind AFC.

I do not think any of what I did last night in any of the threads as described here was out of order - altho maybe my description of LFC as a special club in the AFC thread could be perceived as such - but that was done to explain why SG did not join CFC but stayed at LFC in 2005.

Re the final para quoted above I have never said we deserve the title for SGs sake or worse still cos it is the 25th anniversary. We will deserve the title if we are the best team and get more points than everyone else - no other reason - at the moment we have a decent chance of that happening but that is all - a decent chance - it could go wrong in any of the 4 matches remaining so nowhere will you see me even hinting it is all over - I have seen LFC posters stating we will win the league and things like 'when' SG lifts the trophy which make me cringe and yes in doing so they are arrogant - but even more so foolish as if it goes wrong you end up with egg all over your face.

I have had my say, my right of reply if you will - and I am sorry CFC fans it is in your thread but it had to be here as C07s rant ripping me apart which several have endorsed was in here.

Maybe you all still think I am some kind of ***** - I am not expecting you to agree with me but at least now you can maybe see where I am coming from, I hope so anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    LinkinPark is one of ours. Thankfully, doesn't post in here.

Read earlier that we're planning on giving van Aanholt a shot with us next season. 23 years old and still making mistakes in the Dutch league......hardly inspires confidence.

We've still got to decide about the future of Ryan Bertrand, I would have thought he would be in front of Van Aanholt ? Bertrand is now 24, older than I thought.
    Then there's Marin and Moses, might as well let them go if we can find any takers.
    I wonder if we'll get a look at players like Thorgan Hazard or Wallace any time soon ?
    Piazon is another who I remember reading good reports about, and Chalobah could soon be ready to step up, though he's still only 19.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Right many have asked me to analyse this so I will - altho it may take a while and I am not sure it is worth the time it will take but I will have a go - and hopefully this will be my last word on the matter.

You are right Alan you are wasting your time. I read what you wrote I don't need it regurgitated in a thousand word essay that simply shows the complete lack of awareness of what you said and doesn't even seem to mention you using Hillsborough as a badge of honour in the most disgusting possible manner. After reading that I genuinely couldn't care less what you have to say on any topic. Your War and Peace account of what you said has more holes than a pistorius defence statement and is genuinely LOL - worthy if you actually believe it. You keep saying how horrible I've been to you but hey at least I'm not clutching at tragedy to claim high-ground for my club over rival teams.

Oh and if you bothered to actually read what I wrote properly before dismissing it as a "rant" you may have seen that I didn't once refer to you directly when talking about why people didn't want Liverpool to win the title, it was simply a collection of reasons, although frankly what you have posted in the last 24 hours puts you right to the top of my list for hoping that Jose is lifting the title next month.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member

Apologies to Chelsea fans as I don't want to derail your thread, but I just have to say this is one of the best posts I've read on the football forum in a long time!
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »

"Worst excuse ive seen" ? you seriously think LP would have as many points if they were in the CL (& reached the SF)?
This discussion has been closed.