Options

Mass Effect 1 lag

PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi,

I bought Mass Effect 1 on PC last week (XBox isn't an option) and I completed a run-through. I don't usually play PC games, so I was shocked at how well it ran - perfectly smooth, graphics were great, everything was fine.

After my first run-through I made a second character in a different class. I got restless and after a few hours I switched back and restarted the game with my old character, including the high level stats that I carried through from my first run.

Since then I've been experiencing major lagging. I'm getting a frame every two seconds and it's impossible to play like this. I've checked running processes and I've got nothing else open, and in my background processes all I've got is steam, netgear, 'game overlay', and some windows stuff that has negligible cpu and memory usage.

Mass Effect is using between 60-90% of my CPU and between 0.6-0.7gb memory.

My computer isn't full gaming spec, but I don't understand why it would play fine for a week and then start lagging as soon as I start a second run. Any ideas? Nothing else is lagging. I have intel core due, 2.67 ghz. 2gb ram. NVIDIA GeForce 8600 TD.

I have aero on so I'm just trying that off to see if it helps, but I'm not noticing any change so far.

Comments

• Options
    IRKarlIRKarl Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I had problems with the PC version with the film grain switched on. Switch that off and it should help.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    IRKarl wrote: »
    I had problems with the PC version with the film grain switched on. Switch that off and it should help.

Was going to suggest the same thing - try that.