Options

Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    Fraudrey CFraudrey C Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Eeeeeeewwwww! Emma Chawner's kebab? I feel sick lol
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

I get a restricted access notice with that link, it's not a blue waffle is it? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Or, in a tribute to posters from the past, Phat_Phuk.

:D:D

Does lovely_lady post anywhere else sticking up for the underdogs as it were? I must admit I dont go on a lot of threads so have no idea. I cant be bothered to trawl through, find her name and check her posting history. She fascinates me. Especially the Phat Phuck flounce.

Personally I applaud saddos He had Philth down to a T, which is a lot harder than it sounds. I was completely fooled and he livened a dying thread up no end. :) Plaudits!

This thread started three years ago on the 17th August. :o Yes I know how incredibly sad that makes me, kowing such claptrap. It was at the beginning of the first Big Fat Challenge, and it was 3 or 4 weeks before I clicked on, as why the heck would anyone be interested in this total trainwreck family.

Little did any of us realise just how many laughs etc we'd get out of it. It's been a blast. :)

I think it's quite fitting it should end on December 22nd. That's the date the Mayans ended their incredibly complicated and acurate stone calendar. ( Hence all the extra prophesies of woe and doom around at the moment).

And how fitting that an extremely large group of people suddenly got obliterated. Seems very apt actually. (If only the Chunkies had brains 1millionth the size of the Mayans. :cry: )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »
    I get a restricted access notice with that link, it's not a blue waffle is it? :eek:

No - it is just a picture of a delightful kebab.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Chawner family will be gracing the Great Harwood Community Bonfire Night with their presence? I'd like to think they will - if only to get their photos in the paper. The East Lancs Telegraph usually send a photographer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I've dropped by occasionally to check out latest activity and get my fix from fellow Chawner followers.
    It's sometimes hard to find kindred spirits to my addiction.
    As the thread appears to be petering out, I had to join and say thanks.
    I've also just spent 2 days transferring 18 episodes to DVD before my sky+ box gives up on me!
    Each time one of my family starts watching an episode, the rest of us are gradually drawn into the room and can't help laughing or ranting at the goings-on. That the show can do this after many viewings is no small feat.
    I'm always left wondering how us "normals" could explicity and concisely explain to The Chawners why they are so wrong on every level ... But I'm not clever or patient enough to attempt it. That's the frustration!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I finally got around to watching this - was curious after seeing this thread.
    One thing that bothers me is Audrey 's behaviour, the sleeping all the time, incontinence and some of the strange things she says. I wonder if she has mild Alzheimer's.
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Izzy43 wrote: »
    I finally got around to watching this - was curious after seeing this thread.
    One thing that bothers me is Audrey 's behaviour, the sleeping all the time, incontinence and some of the strange things she says. I wonder if she has mild Alzheimer's.

Noo. She's just lazy.

The Chawners are the Gift that keeps on Giving. What would we do without them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Its odd how she was relatively active in Emma's X Factor audition giving Simon and the other judges What For about Emma while Phil was quiet.

Not quite the same person in the TV series where she rarely gets up and will happily pee her pants because she doesn't want to miss any telly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeejorge wrote: »
    I've dropped by occasionally to check out latest activity and get my fix from fellow Chawner followers.
    It's sometimes hard to find kindred spirits to my addiction.
    As the thread appears to be petering out, I had to join and say thanks.
    I've also just spent 2 days transferring 18 episodes to DVD before my sky+ box gives up on me!
    Each time one of my family starts watching an episode, the rest of us are gradually drawn into the room and can't help laughing or ranting at the goings-on. That the show can do this after many viewings is no small feat.
    I'm always left wondering how us "normals" could explicity and concisely explain to The Chawners why they are so wrong on every level ... But I'm not clever or patient enough to attempt it. That's the frustration!

I don't think anyone has ever managed to get through to the Chawners, they don't listen to experts, let alone ordinary people. They urgently need intensive family therapy, with the girls being actively encouraged to leave home and gain independence. But while Phil Chawner rules the roost, that will never happen. It is all quite tragic, seeing 2 young women frittering away their youth like they are doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone has ever managed to get through to the Chawners, they don't listen to experts, let alone ordinary people. They urgently need intensive family therapy, with the girls being actively encouraged to leave home and gain independence. But while Phil Chawner rules the roost, that will never happen. It is all quite tragic, seeing 2 young women frittering away their youth like they are doing.

How old is Sam now? 25?

She'll be 30 before she knows it - and will still be dominated by her father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those girls will be middle-aged before they get any kind of freedom, and despite proclamations that life begins at 40, that isn't strictly true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phil will still be living til his 90s with his leg chopped off due to the diabetic leading his dysfunctional family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Aud will live to a ripe old age as well, seeing as she never does anything to exert her chubby little heart, bless her.

Poor Emma and Sam, what a gloomy future for them both. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Aud will live to a ripe old age as well, seeing as she never does anything to exert her chubby little heart, bless her.

Poor Emma and Sam, what a gloomy future for them both. :(

St. Lorraine did try to give them a bit of independence when she sent them away to different places. Emma flourished when she trained with the Army Cadets and looked as if she really enjoyed herself. Likewise Sam at Wellsprings in America.if only they hadn't had to go back to Toxic Towers they might have turned out quite differently. While they let Phil treat them like little girls and do e wry thing he says, they will never have any kind of useful life. It's very sad, but really they're not very nice people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have the potential to be nice people though - if they could just make the break from the emotional stranglehold their father has over them.

If they mixed with other young people, they would learn the social skills they are so sadly lacking. I think the aggression and verbal abuse we see on television is, in part, down to their extreme social isolation.

In the real world, 20 something women are usually expected to treat people with courtesy and respect and if they were less insular, perhaps it would gradually dawn on them that they need to change.

"If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got."
    ~ W. L. Bateman
  • Options
    lovely_ladylovely_lady Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :D:D

Does lovely_lady post anywhere else sticking up for the underdogs as it were? I must admit I dont go on a lot of threads so have no idea. I cant be bothered to trawl through, find her name and check her posting history. She fascinates me. Especially the Phat Phuck flounce.

I don't stick up for underdogs. I stick up for pure talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:) Of course you do.

Dont you know most geniuses are ignored? A prophet is never recognised in his own country and all that, though I'd narrow it down to street in Em's case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Of course you do.

Dont you know most geniuses are ignored? A prophet is never recognised in his own country and all that, though I'd narrow it down to street in Em's case.

Em is recognised in her street, people call out to her, they call out 'Fatty'. She is a genius at not losing weight.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Since when did Emma Chawner have talent - pure or otherwise?

:confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Lovely_lady can you please explain each Chawner's talent. Thanks.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when did Emma Chawner have talent - pure or otherwise?

:confused::D

:eek:Salty! Emma is the victim of circumstances..i.e. anyone hearing her is subject to being tone deaf and therefore cant appreciate the dulcet tones of our heroine.

:p At least that's what L_L believes. Read through her previous posts if you want a chuckle. Oh apart from the time Em snubbed her so L_L flounced away from the thread calling her a "Phat Phuck" and becoming vehemently anti-Em.

She had a change of heart as you can see. :confused: though no idea why.

Lovely_Lady has delivered some gems on this thread. We love her eternal optimism in the face of overwhelming evidence :D

Em has but one talent in life....avoiding doing anything that involves an iota of effort or responsibility..
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:Salty! Emma is the victim of circumstances..i.e. anyone hearing her is subject to being tone deaf and therefore cant appreciate the dulcet tones of our heroine.

:p At least that's what L_L believes. Read through her previous posts if you want a chuckle. Oh apart from the time Em snubbed her so L_L flounced away from the thread calling her a "Phat Phuck" and becoming vehemently anti-Em.

She had a change of heart as you can see. :confused: though no idea why.

Lovely_Lady has delivered some gems on this thread. We love her eternal optimism in the face of overwhelming evidence :D

Em has but one talent in life....avoiding doing anything that involves an iota of effort or responsibility..

I've looked at L_L's past posts and they're a hoot! :D

Heard about calebolly, so had a look at his too. What a deluded per......sorry - great fan he is/was! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've looked at L_L's past posts and they're a hoot! :D

Heard about calebolly, so had a look at his too. What a deluded per......sorry - great fan he is/was! :D
    I think Calebolly was more a JG fan than an EC fan, from what I have found. He posted on many different forums using the same screen name - although there has been no internet activity under that name for a while now:(

http://www.mihav.com/en/forum/search.php?searchid=365967