Luisa on The Apprentice

2»

Comments

• Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    Lord Sugar had to point this out to her. She did try for a little while but I think ruined it for herself by not knowing when to shut up. Shouting over everyone else in the Board Room. Trying to dominate Lord Sugar. She did herself no favours. I don't think she's an evil person, just has too high an opinion of herself and can't tone it down.

Despite all of this, she was still chosen for the final. He obviously saw something in her. Mainly, BALLS. :kitty:

Luisa had them in spades and was let down by messy choices for her team in the final task. Dr Leah won by proxy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Sugar must be sooooo relieved he didnt hire her!! She would be a total liability!
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another one who didn't like her on The Apprentice to begin with, but found her growing on me more and more as the weeks went by from sheer entertainment value.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    No hardly watch TA. I wonder how she got on with Lord Sugar did she get to call him a sexist bastard at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    No hardly watch TA. I wonder how she got on with Lord Sugar did she get to call him a sexist bastard at all?

No, they seemed to get on rather well. Probably too similar to work well together, though.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    He had to tell her more than once to tone down her behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another one who didn't like her on The Apprentice to begin with, but found her growing on me more and more as the weeks went by from sheer entertainment value.

Indeed, entertainment value is an untapped resource in TA, due to no public vote or involvement whatsoever. LordSirAlan obviously took a shine to Luisa, or she would've been out by the fifth week at the latest. He had many opportunities to sack her as she was a boardroom stalwart. :kitty:
  • Options
    CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luisa is the surprise package of the show. Entertained me more than any of the others in there and I am appalled the placid wallpaper duo of Ollie and Sam are ahead of her in the betting
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Shabzyy wrote: »
    Louisa was also shagging the shortie on the show *surprise surprise*

And 'dumped' him when the filming was over. :o

That was funny of all the people you'd expect her to hook up with Jordan seemed the least likely. He was awful but I felt a bit sorry for him when she declared their fling as 'one of her biggest mistakes', poor lad.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detested her in The Apprentice. Fortunately, she's quite different in CBB. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member

and I bet he's crying himself to sleep every night about it. :cool::D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lord Sugar???? :o:o:o
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched her on both shows she is great entertainment but I certainly would not want to work with her or cross her . She was extremely OTT rude to another contestant Jason, who did not match up to her expectations.

Jason was a History student who was completely lost in the business world . The poor guy didn't have a clue most of the time but was one of the nicest contestants ever on the Apprentice and Luisa was way out of line in her put downs and criticisms of Jason, especially on one task when Jason was in charge.
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To start with i didn't like her on the Apprentice. It was only with about three episodes left when I suddenly came to like her and wanted her to win

Yep, that's exactly what I was gonna say too!

xx
  • Options
    eyespyeyespy Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luisa has and always will be a spoiled brat. I don't detest her but she's childish. I did watch the apprentice and she hasn't changed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Having watched her on both shows she is great entertainment but I certainly would not want to work with her or cross her . She was extremely OTT rude to another contestant Jason, who did not match up to her expectations.

Jason was a History student who was completely lost in the business world . The poor guy didn't have a clue most of the time but was one of the nicest contestants ever on the Apprentice and Luisa was way out of line in her put downs and criticisms of Jason, especially on one task when Jason was in charge.

Oh God yes she was nasty to Jason. He was completely hopeless, to be fair. Luisa just didn't take any prisoners and he was a victim of that. Didn't she stage a coup at one point and take over from Jason as project manager? LOL.

Much like her trying to encourage an in-house revolution at the moment. ;)

I wonder how high she would score on a Machiavellian test - would she score higher than Aisleyne did? :kitty:
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    I never heard of Luisa before this- a contestant on the apprentice and owns a cake shop, is that the extent of it? Hardly makes a celebrity.
  • Options
    aladdin_1985aladdin_1985 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    she's hot as. big fan
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I detested her in The Apprentice. Fortunately, she's quite different in CBB. :)

Me too. And I was amazed she got to the final but it was quite a weak lineup this year.

Sugar seems to have a soft spot for gobby chancers and scrappers, but they usually get ditched before the final. Leah was a more credible businesswoman, calmer and more focussed, but her idea wasn't great or entrepreneurial whereas Luisa's actually filled a market need. The final was a real mixed bag. Tough one to call.

But Luisa was clearly a higher risk, particularly as her focus post Apprentice seems more fame related. She seems a mercurial type who would get bored before giving him the big cash returns he was looking for. That would be my concern as an investor, her lack of focus and staying power. That kind of entrepreneur needs cooler, stable heads around them for balance and execution.

It always surprised me that despite Luisa coming across as a pain in the arse, she seemed popular with the other contenders. Now I get it. She has a fun, mischievous side that wasn't shown.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    As a huge Apprentice Fan I thought she was an excellent candidate. She has many skills needed to succeed in business, was a fantastic pitcher and fully knows how to 'work the room' and indeed her work colleagues as and when required.

She was far from perfect and yes made mistakes in how she came across at times but I genuinely saw her grow throughout the process, learn from certain mistakes and she was my tip for the final alongside Neil pretty early on.

As usual there were a load of contestants who weren't exactly 'cut out for it' so I am not claiming she is a perfect business candidate, far from it, but she was far more competent and far more savvy than many people on the Apprentice forums gave her credit for.

She was also a lot less of a 'bitch' than many people made out. It's pretty telling that so many people decried her 'treatment' of Jason and yet he thought highly of her, right up until the final.

Some people seemed to forget it's a business reality tv show, not real life and although Jason was a lovely chap he was infuriatingly useless in (most) business tasks.

Her 'coup' as well was the stuff of Apprentice Folklore!
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Oh God yes she was nasty to Jason. He was completely hopeless, to be fair. Luisa just didn't take any prisoners and he was a victim of that. Didn't she stage a coup at one point and take over from Jason as project manager? LOL.

Much like her trying to encourage an in-house revolution at the moment. ;)

I wonder how high she would score on a Machiavellian test - would she score higher than Aisleyne did? :kitty:

The Machiavellian test has a horribly biased name. The ability to persuade others, to recognise a world of shades and ambiguity rather than black & white and to understand what makes people tick and adapt to it arent negative qualities. How one uses those skills will depend largely on your fundamental values and decency.

You can find the test here. http://personality-testing.info

I think when you see the questions, people will realise the test is not an indicator of morality and was horribly misrepresented by BB. Answering a question like "I believe honesty is not always the best policy" doesn't automatically mean you're a deceitful snake. It may mean you hold your tongue to avoid hurting or disempowering someone. In a work or social situation, this can be a valuable thing, making people feel better, making them feel good about themselves.

Similarly, disagreeing with the statement "Most people who get ahead in the world lead clean, moral lives." isn't advocating this as an approach but recognising there are some cutthroat, rich, immoral arseholes in this world. I've worked with some of them!
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch The Apprentice and saw her series. I thought she was ok overall, some weeks she really did do my head in other weeks she was brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    As a huge Apprentice Fan I thought she was an excellent candidate. She has many skills needed to succeed in business, was a fantastic pitcher and fully knows how to 'work the room' and indeed her work colleagues as and when required.

She was far from perfect and yes made mistakes in how she came across at times but I genuinely saw her grow throughout the process, learn from certain mistakes and she was my tip for the final alongside Neil pretty early on.

As usual there were a load of contestants who weren't exactly 'cut out for it' so I am not claiming she is a perfect business candidate, far from it, but she was far more competent and far more savvy than many people on the Apprentice forums gave her credit for.

She was also a lot less of a 'bitch' than many people made out. It's pretty telling that so many people decried her 'treatment' of Jason and yet he thought highly of her, right up until the final.

Some people seemed to forget it's a business reality tv show, not real life and although Jason was a lovely chap he was infuriatingly useless in (most) business tasks.

Her 'coup' as well was the stuff of Apprentice Folklore!

Great post and a succinct summary for anyone who missed the series.

The coup was just excellent. :D