Options

Teenager cheats death after suffering three heart attacks after downing 10 Jagerbombs

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jayde-dinsdale-downed-10-jagerbombs-3213293
Jayde, from Yeovil, Somerset, said: “I think it is pretty bad that people sell these drinks"

No, you utter, utter moron it's "pretty bad" that you thought you could drink ten of them. Moron.

Comments

• Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Jayde". Need I say more?

Big fail for Darwin's law here.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a rare reaction.

10 Jagerbombs isn't a lot of caffeine or alcohol.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully death will feel cheated and come for it anyway
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10 shots of that stuff really isn't that bad. I've no doubt hundreds of people consume that much at a fast rate over the country on a Friday night.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you utter, utter moron it's "pretty bad" that you thought you could drink ten of them. Moron.
    trevgo wrote: »

Big fail for Darwin's law here.
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    Hopefully death will feel cheated and come for it anyway

Aww, does it make you guys feel good to make such judgemental comments towards an 18 year old girl who nearly died doing the kind of thing that a great proportion of us did at that age.

I've definitely known people drink 10 Jagers over the course of a night, it's really not that shocking.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    It's 35% so while not as strong as normal top shelf spirits, it's not as weak as some would suggest. But a lot of pubs/clubs use a own label type brand which is like 18%-20% or so. Thats definitely not a lot, I would suggest other factors are in play here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @ Box_123 downing does suggest one after another on the head so to speak and not over the course of a night.
  • Options
    styrofoamsodastyrofoamsoda Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jayde-dinsdale-downed-10-jagerbombs-3213293

I bet she hasn't even learnt he lesson in the slightest. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Aww, does it make you guys feel good to make such judgemental comments towards an 18 year old girl who nearly died doing the kind of thing that a great proportion of us did at that age.

The main reason this irritates me so much is that it's her fault entirely but, like many people nowadays, she tries to blame it on other people.

If she'd said "I was reckless and stupid and thought I was invincible. I'm just grateful for my dad and the people that saved me so I certainly won't be doing this again" then it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest.

But no, it's always someone else's fault ..
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she had the equivalent of 5 cans of Redbull (plus the Jagermeister) in a 2 hour period. No wonder it sent her heart racing.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member

Come on Jason, you were 18 once.
  • Options
    styrofoamsodastyrofoamsoda Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    The main reason this irritates me so much is that it's her fault entirely but, like many people nowadays, she tries to blame it on other people.

On that basis, I hope that if she tries to sue for it, that the case would get laughed out of court at - it would serve her right in my opinion. :mad:
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would suggest other factors are in play here.

Quite. While not the cleverest move ever, having three heart attacks does perhaps point towards there being some kind of heart condition. People need to be aware of this kind of stuff, but I don't think calling her a moron is particularly correct.

@ Box_123 downing does suggest one after another on the head so to speak and not over the course of a night.

Just a tabloid headline, there's nothing in the article that suggests she drank 10 at once.

... And it's Bex :D
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Aww, does it make you guys feel good to make such judgemental comments towards an 18 year old girl who nearly died?

I've definitely known people drink 10 Jagers over the course of a night, it's really not that shocking.

Completely agree, she had an unusual reaction and she's lucky to have survived, but 5 doubles over an evening is a pretty moderate night out imo.

The idea that she is a moron seems unfair, she had an extreme reaction which I don't think she could have predicted. It seems reasonable that she would want to to highlight that this a possible effect of drinking a lot of energy drinks.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, it doesn't make me feel good. Neither does watching the industrial drinking that goes on by teenagers in this country, even if this particular girl didn't personally have an excessive amount. I'm no expert on Jaegerbombers - it's disgusting stuff that tastes like Night Nurse.

I speak as someone who's drinking career started at age 16 and and carried on ever since. I got drunk at 18 and still do - but we're talking degrees here. I could never drink what I see kids drinking now. Even if they get away with it, it is going to catch up with them bigtime in the future.

Still, we can't be misery guts when "avvin a laff" is at stake now, can we?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    The big question, of course, is who should she sue?
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Why do they serve it in such a manner? I mean, with the shot glass in the other glass? is it just for the aesthetic or preceived excitement entailed or does it have some effect on the drinks taste or potency?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Come on Jason, you were 18 once.

I was, but I never did anything that stupid. That whole partying lifestyle and going out and drinking until you throw up and pass out culture passed me by and, to be completely honest, I'm quite happy it did because I never really saw the point to it.

I've personally never equated "fun" with "drinking until you're sick". But that's me - I'm certainly not about to condemn anyone who likes to go out for a drink, but if you're going to go out and drink 10 Jagerbombs and nearly kill yourself, at least have the temerity to say "This is entirely on me - nobody else to blame here".
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »

Is that you Katie Hopkins? :D
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid girl.
    Look at the Dad showing off his tats! What a saddo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry Bex_123 my mistake over your name.

@Teddybleads serving a short in a glass within another glass is nothing new when I was that age it was a "depth charge", crem de month (sp) in a shot glass in a pint of Lager/Cider.

Kids need to realise that if they think they're older enough to drink, they should expect the risks involved, and not blame everyone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was, but I never did anything that stupid. That whole partying lifestyle and going out and drinking until you throw up and pass out culture passed me by and, to be completely honest, I'm quite happy it did because I never really saw the point to it.

I've personally never equated "fun" with "drinking until you're sick". But that's me - I'm certainly not about to condemn anyone who likes to go out for a drink, but if you're going to go out and drink 10 Jagerbombs and nearly kill yourself, at least have the temerity to say "This is entirely on me - nobody else to blame here".

You seem to be missing the point that it was the caffeine that caused her reaction not the alcohol. That is worth making people aware of given the popularity of energy drink shot combos.
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Sorry Bex_123 my mistake over your name.

@Teddybleads serving a short in a glass within another glass is nothing new when I was that age it was a "depth charge", crem de month (sp) in a shot glass in a pint of Lager/Cider.

Kids need to realise that if they think they're older enough to drink, they should expect the risks involved, and not blame everyone else.

Yes, I know about those though never partaken .Presumably it increases or speeds up intoxication. It just seems odd to apply the same ritual to one alcoholic drink and one not.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I reckon the first heart attack came when she saw the bar bill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Stupid girl.
    Look at the Dad showing off his tats! What a saddo.

Yeah a father saves his daughter's life by using CPR but he has tats so what a saddo! Jesus DS really does bring out the deeply unpleasant sometimes.