Top 4 gone for Everton

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Given the run in Arsenal have and compare it to Everton I think top four has now gone after tonight.

Comments

• Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent.

Everton will finish Top 4 now.

This really needed another thread by the way.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its the perfect time for jazzydrury to come back and say we don't get praised enough for what we have done.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its another crazy season. Everton are not out of anything yet.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

I think Arsenals experience will see them sneak it now though.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

Quite - two results tonight nobody would have called for a start.
    And anybody who thinks our fragile little luvvies are nailed on for four straight wins is delusional.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't over for fourth place yet.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Arsenals experience will see them sneak it now though.

Yeah Everton have a ropey looking run-in. UTD, city, hull, and southampton to play
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    There's 1 point in it guys

There's everything to still play for from Evertons point of view
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Quite - two results tonight nobody would have called for a start.
    And anybody who thinks our fragile little luvvies are nailed on for four straight wins is delusional.

Yup, plenty more twists and turns this season. I think if our boys play like they did in the 2nd half then no way we should not get 4th.

If we play like we did against Wigan then we won't even if we are a point ahead.

Everton are still in it. One game at a time i say.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your thread makes no sense. On the one hand you say losing tonight has cost Everton 4th, while conceding Everton have a tougher run in than Arsenal. If you had won tonight, you still would have the same fixtures :confused:
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your thread makes no sense. On the one hand you say losing tonight has cost Everton 4th, while conceding Everton have a tougher run in than Arsenal. If you had won tonight, you still would have the same fixtures :confused:

A lot of the OPs posts and threads make no sense.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough run in but not impossible, only one point in it

Tonight was a little setback guaranteed

We will still get Europe IMO whatever happens as Spurs have to score a shedload and we have to have a few 5 or 6 goal defeats for them to even overtake us

Whatever happens on Sunday against the former gaffer, we will still be 5th and most likely be there before City arrive for the penultimate game

Four to six points from any of our remaining games and we will most likely secure Europa League at the very least

Good achievement for our small squad, and I won't be too disappointed with Europa League and know we will take it seriously
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's that old cliché, Arsenal have 5 cup finals left. Palace did them a huge favour but they can't count on Everton dropping any more points.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Everton fans remaining positive. But tonight's result must be a big set-back ?
    I think everyone thought Palace at home was an almost certain 3 points, Arsenal must be favourites for 4th place now.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the run in Arsenal have and compare it to Everton I think top four has now gone after tonight.

Every post from you in the football forum is knee jerk. Lose a game it's all over, win a game gonna win the league. There's no depth or understanding in any of your posts at all.
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Every post from you in the football forum is knee jerk. Lose a game it's all over, win a game gonna win the league. There's no depth or understanding in any of your posts at all.

Agreed - there's 1 point in it for goodness sake.

Yes AFC may well be favourites now but as someone once said it's a funny old game - and so anything could happen.
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably better going into the Europa League, let`s face it, no point trying to run before you can walk. Europa League would be a bit easier, certainly until the latter stages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are only 3 certainties in life: death, taxes and Arsenal in the top 4.

Everton never had a chance.
  • shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's important that Everton keep trying for 4th place, especially when they play Manchester City ;-)
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arsenal will get 4th or win the FA Cup... I don't think they'll do both. At the moment my money would be on 4th as I suspect the club see that as more important.
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Assa2 wrote: »
    Arsenal will get 4th or win the FA Cup... I don't think they'll do both. At the moment my money would be on 4th as I suspect the club see that as more important.

Really? :confused:

They're playing Hull in the FA cup, very winnable with all respect. All their matches in the PL are winnable too. Everton really messed up last night, sadly imo, I'd have liked to see them do it

I'd be amazed if Arsenal didn't get both now tbh
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really see why Arsenals push for 4th has a particular bearing on their ability to beat Hull in the Cup Final. They are strong favourites for that game irrespective of coming 4th or 5th.
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    I dont really see why Arsenals push for 4th has a particular bearing on their ability to beat Hull in the Cup Final. They are strong favourites for that game irrespective of coming 4th or 5th.

Exactly my point!