Options

Who is joining us?

andrewdkandrewdk Posts: 185
Forum Member
As a dane - Im curious to hear if anybody from this forum is going to Copenhagen?

Im going myself, taking the trip from Aarhus, and got tickets to all the shows through the danish OGAE fanclub.

- andrewdk

Comments

• Options
    bikerladbikerlad Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going, For the 2nd Semi, Jury final and Final. Can't wait.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am! :) Six of us are coming to the Jury final on Friday 9th May. Then, it's a quick plane journey back home in the morning to try and catch some of the afternoon dress rehearsals, then I'll be hosting a Saturday night party!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bikerlad wrote: »
    I'm going, For the 2nd Semi, Jury final and Final. Can't wait.

Where abouts are you seated for the Jury Final? We're in Ingemann 6. Might see you there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sat.Deelay wrote: »
    Where abouts are you seated for the Jury Final? We're in Ingemann 6. Might see you there!

I'm sat on Alexander, I hope he doesn't mind. My replacement tickets have arrived and I appear to be a few rows further back than before. Anyone seen a seating plan with seat numbers?
  • Options
    Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rybak for semi 2, Loreen for Jury Final and then back to the UK to host a party on the night!

It's going to be expensive to vote for Finland with a UK mobile in CPH isn't it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sat on Alexander, I hope he doesn't mind. My replacement tickets have arrived and I appear to be a few rows further back than before. Anyone seen a seating plan with seat numbers?

Ah, cool. I've not seen a new seating plan with numbers, but I did take a screen shot of the new arena layout: http://s2.postimg.org/ynov0lyqh/Eurovision_New_Seating.png
    I saw the original seating numbers, and handpicked where I wanted to be seated (to avoid being blocked by one of those huge columns!) I'm slightly concerned that I could be stuck behind it now. Would be nice to see the new seating numbers. If you find any, please let me know :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seem to be 26 rows of seats from what I can work out, but it's hard to tell unless you can find tickets for a show that has availability in the area you have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seem to be 26 rows of seats from what I can work out, but it's hard to tell unless you can find tickets for a show that has availability in the area you have.

Think I've found mine now. I went to http://www.billetlugen.dk/eurovision and clicked as if I was to book. It then gave me an option to select seats. I'm now very concerned that we have a pillar in our way. I've highlighed my seats as green boxes. Do you reckon the big white space a few rows down is the column?

http://s17.postimg.org/hwwkp0i9r/NEW_ing6_SEATS.png

If it is, I'll be furious. Particularily as we paid for 'C' priced tickets, and judging by the band in the new seating, those appear to be in the 'D' zone :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for those links! Looks like we're up in the corner/gods for the semi and then it's just a matter of how much the video screens obstruct the view for the jury final...
  • Options
    thaliafanthaliafan Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Ell and Nikki! They should have a stand too :P
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am! Have tickets for the final but I'll be in Copenhagen from Thursday. I think our new tickets give us a slightly better view as our first lot were partically restricted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redrose89 wrote: »
    I am! Have tickets for the final but I'll be in Copenhagen from Thursday. I think our new tickets give us a slightly better view as our first lot were partically restricted.

Where about's are you? It's looking like mine may be much worse! :cry:
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be there too, from May 4th.

I managed to get a fan package of tickets for the six main shows through OGAE UK and a seated one at that - but interestingly, all three floor and presumably fan zones are marked as standing, so will one of these be turned into a seating area or will the seated fans get to sit in the stands?

Regardless, there are two things I'm particularly looking forward to about the experience: walking through the "Fan Mile" down the Stroget and associated areas, and travelling to the Contest by boat from Nyhavn (providing there aren't too many others trying to do the same thing).
  • Options
    andrewdkandrewdk Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    It sounds like there will be a fine UK visit in Copenhagen.
    Maybe we'´ll meet in the Eurofan café, where I think the partys will go on in the night.
    Or was it other places in Malmø last year?

About the fan-seating; Im not sure, but I think people how have ordered fanpackage with seating, will get a seperated fanarea on the seatings behind the standarea.
    ...but im not sure at all.
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    cant go but will be with you in spirit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sat.Deelay wrote: »
    Where about's are you? It's looking like mine may be much worse! :cry:

Was olsen 4 now olsen 7 but with rows further forward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Seriously considering going over for the 2nd semi and the Jury final. There are only a few tickets left for both shows. Has anyone been to a jury final before? Is it worth it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another question for the more experienced.

The tickets say that you have to check your bags into the cloakroom, but what's the policy on taking flags into the arena? Is there an official size limit? I'm thinking of taking a pair of 3' x 2' flags like this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finland-Finnish-Flag-Eyelets-Premium/dp/B008UXT212/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&qid=1397042628&sr=8-44&keywords=finnish+flag)? (The 5' x 3' is obvs to big but want larger than a 6" x 4")
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bantastic wrote: »
    Seriously considering going over for the 2nd semi and the Jury final. There are only a few tickets left for both shows. Has anyone been to a jury final before? Is it worth it?

I've never been to a jury show before, but have watched several satellite feeds of them. They're identical to the TV shows, but obviously with fake voting. That's actually why we decided to book tickets for the jury final this year! :)
    Shar_ds wrote: »

The tickets say that you have to check your bags into the cloakroom, but what's the policy on taking flags into the arena? Is there an official size limit? I'm thinking of taking a pair of 3' x 2' flags like this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finland-Finnish-Flag-Eyelets-Premium/dp/B008UXT212/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&qid=1397042628&sr=8-44&keywords=finnish+flag)? (The 5' x 3' is obvs to big but want larger than a 6" x 4")

I think someone has previously said that there's only a restiction on the flagpole, not the flag. I was thinking of taking a 5' x 3 UK flag, as well as a couple of small hand ones to wave.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bantastic wrote: »

Absolutely; in each of my previous Eurovision trips I've found the jury final the most enjoyable show of the week, mainly because it's a bit more relaxed and informal than the actual final itself but also because it's kind of the final for the home crowd and supporters, which makes for a terrific atmosphere inside the arena.

The second semi final has a similar atmosphere too - the first is always a little bit more subdued because people are still "warming up" at the start of the week - so I'd snap up a ticket for that too if I were you.
    Shar_ds wrote: »

There's not really a size limit on flags other than they're kept within reason; you probably wouldn't be able to bring in one of those massive flags they used to unfurl across the crowd at European football matches!

You'll be fine bringing in a 5' x 3' one provided you don't put it on the end of a pole, as they've been the things causing problems with fans putting flags on massively long poles and thrusting them into the camera shots - so don't be surprised if the poles on your hand-flags get measured and possibly trimmed short at the security gateline as they were in Malmo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    Absolutely; in each of my previous Eurovision trips I've found the jury final the most enjoyable show of the week, mainly because it's a bit more relaxed and informal than the actual final itself but also because it's kind of the final for the home crowd and supporters, which makes for a terrific atmosphere inside the arena.

The second semi final has a similar atmosphere too - the first is always a little bit more subdued because people are still "warming up" at the start of the week - so I'd snap up a ticket for that too if I were you.

There's not really a size limit on flags other than they're kept within reason; you probably wouldn't be able to bring in one of those massive flags they used to unfurl across the crowd at European football matches!

You'll be fine bringing in a 5' x 3' one provided you don't put it on the end of a pole, as they've been the things causing problems with fans putting flags on massively long poles and thrusting them into the camera shots - so don't be surprised if the poles on your hand-flags get measured and possibly trimmed short at the security gateline as they were in Malmo.

Took the bull by the horns and booked the semi and jury final. Can't wait, it will be my first time going albeit on my own.