Diablo 3

Comments

• Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes thats right, you download the installer. Then tomorrow at 4pm (I think) you can install it and patch, enter your code (if you can't already?) and then at 11pm you can log in and play (provided the servers work ;))

Wow ok thanks :) so how come the installer wasn't available before? cause i didnt see it and its 5:01 cst so i guess that is 4:01 pm our time :)

Royal Mail, do not let me down :D
  • Stuart_RentonStuart_Renton Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Well, I still can't install it... No idea what's going on. Will wait until tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I still can't install it... No idea what's going on. Will wait until tomorrow.

Do you have physical or digital copy? And you need to wait till 4:01 pm UK time to install
    Forum Member
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    Do you have physical or digital copy? And you need to wait till 4:01 pm UK time to install

Hey thanks! I went on the Battle Net website and found it out...

They could have put it on the site when you try to install. And I have a physical copy of the game!

Not long now, though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woot got myself a guest pass so I can play the starter edition at least and get some stuff done whilst waiting for my CE to be delivered tomorrow ^^

Can't wait!
    Forum Member
    Woot got myself a guest pass so I can play the starter edition at least and get some stuff done whilst waiting for my CE to be delivered tomorrow ^^

Can't wait!

Awesome news! If anyone fancies playing tonight, or any time, we should have a DS get together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't wait!

My copy didn't come. How did u get a starter pass? Can I get one so I play tonight? Pls?

@ stuart might not be able to join you, need starter pass

cant install it at the moment. Is it cause i didnt buy the game?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Wont install for me.

It is past 8am PST right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kuldiin wrote: »
    Wont install for me.

It is past 8am PST right?

Has to be, if not, then we wait till after 5pm
    Forum Member
    Just checked on the forums, apparently its bugged and not unlocking for anyone currently.... lol.. (confirmed by Staff)

Edit:- Fixed and now installing..7 hours togo :)

Edit2:- And crashed out lol.. getting overloaded probably :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant install either, guess there are a few gremlins to be expected.

Someone gave me a starter pass on reddit.com, there are a couple of big threads about guest passes and people who have received their games are giving them out, but its a lottery really as obviously lots of people asking for them.

main thread:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tjghz/have_guest_passes_to_give_away_need_a_guest_pass/

another thread:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tm6zf/game_comes_with_guest_pass_anyone_need_them/

edit: THIS was the thread I got given one on http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tm89c/guest_pass_exchange_two_to_give_away_other/

lol there are quite a few >.<
    good luck
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do we know what time D3 is actually going live tonight?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott_P wrote: »
    do we know what time D3 is actually going live tonight?

11.01pm BST 12.01 am CET
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can install the game now. Royal Mail has Screwed me :(

And when i get the guest pass, what do i do with it? Do i put in the code on battle net and the installer i already downloaded becomes a trial till i get my copy?

Basically can i use the installer i already had? Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can install the game now but it needs to be activated :( Royal mail has screwed me

Well activation is required to play yes, but you can still install and patch it, try those threads on reddit and you may get given a guest pass. I think all SEs come with 2 and CEs come with 3 so there should be people with them just sitting in the box. After 30 days they are useless as starter edition is open to all anyway so most people are giving theirs out now ^^
    And when i get the guest pass, what do i do with it? Do i put in the code on battle net and the installer i already downloaded becomes a trial till i get my copy?

Basically can i use the installer i already had? Thanks

yes you just put the code in on battlenet as if you were adding a game. It comes up with starter edition and two links either to upgrade or buy the digital version. The client is the same for everyone, just when you log in your bnet account will realise its a starter edition and so you can play to lvl 13 only, only talk to other starter editions etc
    Forum Member
    Check PMs Jay :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright thanks, hope i get one for tonight seems like people aint replying
    Forum Member
    Alright thanks, hope i get one for tonight seems like people aint replying

Look up ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look up ;)

LOl thanks, it went to my email and not in the DS message.

My Id: FlyStarJay#2497

For those who wants to be in the game on time, start it up cause the cutscene is long and cant be skipped on the 1st try. Also in the news section where you log in, its saying open beta has closed. is anyone else having that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOl thanks, it went to my email and not in the DS message.

My Id: FlyStarJay#2497

For those who wants to be in the game on time, start it up cause the cutscene is long and cant be skipped on the 1st try. Also in the news section where you log in, its saying open beta has closed. is anyone else having that?

yeah, and says battlenet is down for maintenance when you try to log in, all normal.

hope i dont have to spend too long waiting to log in later :P
    Forum Member
    May as well goto bed early tonight and get up early :)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should be fun and games later with everyone trying to log in at the same time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May as well goto bed early tonight and get up early :)

yeah i'll give it a little go at 11, sit reading a book and trying to log in periodically if its bad, but will probably just end up going to bed and waking up at 4, usually wake up around 5.30 anyway so i expect as soon as i open my eyes tomorrow i'll think...diablo....:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    pre-ordered my in 2010 for £22.99 from amazon, just got an email saying it's dispatched so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow but somehow I doubt that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( took a nap this afternoon, so i am a bit alert. Will play at 11 for few hours then go to bed :) thats the plan