Options

How Low Do The Ratings Have To Go Before C5 Pull the Plug?

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
It would be bad practise for a company not to set a target, and just accept whatever happens.

Comments

• Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the ratings will plummet after last nights shambles and they end the show early with mark declared the winner
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll depend. Ratings are down about 500k on last series, which is quite significant considering the series only averages around 1.9million and share averages have decreased about 2%. BUT for C5 is this good still?

After this series, C5 is due to either renew BB or not. I have a feeling this is the last series of normal BB, but C5 will want to keep CBB as that is still a hit for them.
  • Options
    atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    It'll depend. Ratings are down about 500k on last series, which is quite significant considering the series only averages around 1.9million and share averages have decreased about 2%. BUT for C5 is this good still?

After this series, C5 is due to either renew BB or not. I have a feeling this is the last series of normal BB, but C5 will want to keep CBB as that is still a hit for them.

I doubt if Channel 5 will have BB full stop! I would envisage that BB & CBB are sold as a package & cannot be split. Channel 5 will not want BB, it goes against their plans for the 'new' look channel. Will they pull the plug? I doubt it.....viewing would have to be down considerably but it's not as easy as it sounds. They would make a huge loss by having to purchase content... two hours of content per night for the remainder of the series & reschedule it all. It is rare for a show to be axed mid season....they usually just don't renew & that is what I would expect to happen.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more concerned about the fact there were no highlights last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm puzzled by your comment, please explain. :confused:
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you !
    Haven't watched for well over a week, tuned in last night for a (WOW) whole 14 minutes of H/Ls !
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The contract's up soon so they don't have to pull the plug. Just not renew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you !
    Haven't watched for well over a week, tuned in last night for a (WOW) whole 14 minutes of H/Ls !

Well if they took away Mark's daily diary room visits then there would have been more time for highlights. They show Mark in the diary room every night without fail & think we don't notice that they hardly show others in there unless something significant happens involving them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    atko wrote: »
    I'm puzzled by your comment, please explain. :confused:

The production cobbled together around 12 minutes out of the last 24 hours and tried to pass that off as the highlights show.

Did something significant happen in the house in that 24 hours, something that could change the way we feel about certain housemates or situations? We'll never know.

And we still only have their word for it that the three people who received the most nominations actually did receive the most nominations. Without having seen them take place, the result could've been anything. We'll never know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »
    The production cobbled together around 12 minutes out of the last 24 hours and tried to pass that off as the highlights show.

Did something significant happen in the house in that 24 hours, something that could change the way we feel about certain housemates or situations? We'll never know.

And we still only have their word for it that the three people who received the most nominations actually did receive the most nominations. Without having seen them take place, the result could've been anything. We'll never know.

Well actually yes something did happen.....the most important part of the week!!

Yep nominations happened & as I said on a post last night if they stopped kissing Mark's ass they could & should have shown nominations! We see nominations EVERY Monday night so why didn't we last night? That tells me last night was fixed!!
  • Options
    daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they don't renew. Then a good channel like Virgin or Sky can take it on. They would do it better, i hope.
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they don't renew. Then a good channel like Virgin or Sky can take it on. They would do it better, i hope.

Virgin don't own any tv channeld and i'd hate to see BB end up on sky1 averaging less than 500k. I still have faith viacom will renew the civilian version. The ratings are consistent and as last year and last night showed can improve. The 16-34 demo is high too compated to other c5 shows, this is a demo viacom focuses on with it's channels
  • Options
    didgital_spydidgital_spy Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hopefully it stays on terrestrial. Some of us (probably just me) never got around to getting satellite....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the ratings change once the school holidays start, or is that just a myth?
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratings have been down, but partly due to the World Cup I think. Last night got the best ratings since week 1.

Thing is, we don't know how much profit they are making - they don't have any other shows that will get over 1 million viewers every night for 3 months. If they can negotiate a better price for renewing the contract, they'll probably do it.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the ratings change once the school holidays start, or is that just a myth?

Not sure but obviously a lot more people are away in late July and throughout August so there must be some bearing
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100k probably
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish people would stop saying they want BB dropped. If you don't like it don't watch it. I for one still love it and hope it goes on as long as it can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Virgin don't own any tv channeld and i'd hate to see BB end up on sky1 averaging less than 500k. I still have faith viacom will renew the civilian version. The ratings are consistent and as last year and last night showed can improve. The 16-34 demo is high too compated to other c5 shows, this is a demo viacom focuses on with it's channels

Virgin actually own a few channels!
  • Options
    CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    World cup has knocked the ratings. CBB ratings will be high as for Armageddon total ratings loser it seems
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Oh come on, it's not that bad... whenever it dips a bit, everyone talks about pulling the plug.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ratings would plummet on a subscription based service.
    ITV2 would be a decent option with evictions shown on ITV1 if the figures warrant the slot.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 5 will NOT get rid of Big Brother. It is wishful thinking for some negative people.
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atko wrote: »
    Virgin actually own a few channels!

They sold them to Sky a few years ago
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Channel 5 will NOT get rid of Big Brother. It is wishful thinking for some negative people.
    That remains to be seen.
    This is a critical time for the show as C5 will be entering into negotiations for a new contract and one would assume that the value of the show would be directly related to the number of viewers watching.
    Somewhere along the line is a point in which the show just cannot be justified.
    For example if C5 can get 1.1m viewers a night for a repeat of NCIS which doesn't cost the fortune that BB does,is BB still a financially viable product for C5 to buy?