Options

Coach Trip

Comments

• Options
    flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KIZZY007 wrote: »
    I cannot believe anyone still watches CDWM, it used to be one of my favourite shows but haven't watched it for years, not since Dave Lamb went ballistic and turned from subtle sarcasm to hysterical overdrive. All the contestants now seem attention seeking tv wannabee's and as for the "entertainment":o

Yeah I agree, it'd been shite for years. They should take it off for a few months at the time.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe anyone still watches CDWM, it used to be one of my favourite shows but haven't watched it for years, not since Dave Lamb went ballistic and turned from subtle sarcasm to hysterical overdrive. All the contestants now seem attention seeking tv wannabee's and as for the "entertainment":o

I agree - the show has turned into one of the nastieest on TV these days. Contestants who cant cook to save their lives, those who sneer at the others attempts whilst not delivering themselves - the irritating ones who bang on about local produce.

The other week we saw a weird bunch who seemed to have been overcome by jealousy of the final lady's house and voted her into joint last place with the week's wally contestant, despite her serving up the nicest looking and seemingly best cooked meal of the week.

Ive stopped watching since it turned into a bitchfest
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think i'd like to see something different, like the Gogglebox families or soap actors forced to turn on each other. That would be fun.
  • Options
    idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that the atmosphere really lifted once Sam and Dotty left? I'd have liked to see that group go on for another 2 weeks. Also, how lucky were they with the scat singing that most of the coachees were talented or professional singers?!
  • Options
    KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Now that series has finished we are going to watch the Trondheim Christmas Special on 4od, one a day from tonight. How's that for loyalty?
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What else is on at that time? And if that show is pap, Coach Trip is wretched. It's a step up from just watching other people at a bus stop, but that's about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that series has finished we are going to watch the Trondheim Christmas Special on 4od, one a day from tonight. How's that for loyalty?

I might return to the christmas one this year. Still going through some of Series 4, 6, 7 and 8. Won't ever bother with series 5 again, as amanda and nikki were painful to watch the first time round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What else is on at that time? And if that show is pap, Coach Trip is wretched. It's a step up from just watching other people at a bus stop, but that's about it.

I have to agree about CDWM being a pile of shite now. They show it all the time and I rarely take any interest in the people who appear on it.

At least with CT you are given several months or more between series, apart from the recent back to back 20 episodes. But, it's probably unlikely we will get any more until the spring, while CDWM continues to be shown almost every bloody day. It's overkill at best.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched the last 2 weeks worth in one go :o As others have mentioned it was a bit of a struggle.

Glad Grace and Corrine won though. I suppose if I had to choose a couple to win they would have been it.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    Elenor and Jodie or whatever, far too big for their boots. Missed a trick not getting rid of them.

Dull dull dull - and unpleasant. Why it took so long to get rid of them I do not know.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member

Dave Lamb's the ONLY reason I carry on watching!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all my CT DS friends.

Let's hope a new series is back on soon.

x
  • Options
    tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas, BirthdayGirl!

And same goes for all who post here. I enjoy reading this thread more than watching the programme these days. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

x

Happy Christmas BG :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas and a happy 2015 to all :)
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

x

Echo this - Merry Christmas to all.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Echo this - Merry Christmas to all.:)

Merry Christmas to all. Looking forward to the next series, whenever that will me:)
  • Options
    PakamackPakamack Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Hope everyone has had a good Christmas, and all the best for 2015! Roll on CT!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anybody out there who can help? I'm watching the Trondheim Christmas CT this week and would really like to access the forum from that time to read the comments on the show (some right characters on there).I've tried all ways to find the forum from Dec 2011 but nothing seems to work. I'd be very grateful for any help in finding it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody out there who can help? I'm watching the Trondheim Christmas CT this week and would really like to access the forum from that time to read the comments on the show (some right characters on there).I've tried all ways to find the forum from Dec 2011 but nothing seems to work. I'd be very grateful for any help in finding it.

Is this the one you were looking for?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1566617
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Birthday Girl, you are a national treasure, thank you so much.
    Please have a brilliant 2015 and continue to entertain us with your posts;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birthday Girl, you are a national treasure, thank you so much.
    Please have a brilliant 2015 and continue to entertain us with your posts;-)

:)

My good deed for the day

Happy reading!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pakamack wrote: »
    Hope everyone has had a good Christmas, and all the best for 2015! Roll on CT!

I think they should do a coach trip series following the route of the Danube from germany all the way to the Black Sea. That would require at least 30-40 days to cover all that ground though. We would see countries like Romania, and possibly head towards asia again via the Black Sea.
  • Options
    johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    The black girls did nothing.

Jack and Adam

Like the last series a fix
  • Options
    PakamackPakamack Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I think they should do a coach trip series following the route of the Danube from germany all the way to the Black Sea. That would require at least 30-40 days to cover all that ground though. We would see countries like Romania, and possibly head towards asia again via the Black Sea.

That would make a lovely trip, so much to see! Would we get trippers who would appreciate the views though- unlikely.......it seems to be all about the activities now, and controversial contestants. Over the last 3 years the show has gone downhill, imo, once it became apparent that they were trying to attract a Big Brother type audience with silly stunts and people. Just my opinion, doesn't stop me watching though!

Edit- TOTP! Does this still count for anything? Long term posters will remember!