✭✭✭
    Will Carla be involved?
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vatican wrote: »
    You're asking lou_123 of all people if he watches EE? :D

Fair point though. The only problem I have with EE at the moment is the pacing of the storylines.

Lol I don't come on here much :p
    Yeah I agree but its same with most soaps these days
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EUROBOY65 wrote: »
    This is such a reworking of a story from the 1970s when a coach crashes carrying residents of the street on a day out..lazy lazy lazy Mr Blackburn, (he's 49), so .if you remember Suzy Birchall, u remember the coach crash story line.
    What story lines are next? Some one shot during a robbery at the factory? Maybe, Deidre has an affair and Ken finds out? How about someone dies in the snug?
    I've been dipping in and out of Corrie for the past year or so as nothing is grabbing me so I am not defending Mr Blackburn but after 54 years of continuing drama I think it is highly likely some stories are going to be repeated. The coach crash you mentioned happened 45 years ago, I think its highly appropriate to have another one after all that time. To never be able to repeat a storyline or give it a different edge would make it pretty hard to write any soap. How many boring murders have we had in Corrie lately? they all seem to be a rehash of the Richard Hillman storyline,. Nobody seemed to mind when the tram crashed onto the street but a similar thing happened with a train in 1967. The Rovers burnt down in 1986 and again in 2013 - another rehash but a big enough gap to make relevant again.

As for this crash I wouldn't be sorry if Sean died but we know its not going to happen.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Someone's life will be left hanging in the balance'.................well we all know what that means. Nobody will die.

I hope they make it unpredictable and some shocks, but knowing SB it will be run of the mill.

The whole thing would be worthwhile if Sean and Fizz were killed off. They are un-needed characters.

bib: I think that will be the outcome.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a feeling nobody will die but if someone does, I think it'll be Sinead.

She's not a huge character, her family are coming into the street & it won't be a character that will have a huge impact on the street.

Perfect chance to get rid of the deadwood except they won't.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually think we should worry knowing the hat he will kill of characters that most people actually like and then we will all be saying with the next executive producer i wish they could bring such and such back but cant because the hats killed them off
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Someone's life will be left hanging in the balance'.................well we all know what that means. Nobody will die.

I hope they make it unpredictable and some shocks, but knowing SB it will be run of the mill.

The whole thing would be worthwhile if Sean and Fizz were killed off. They are un-needed characters.

This x100. We need more than a minibus crash. Preferably a huge explosion that gets rid of half the dead wood. John Stape also needs to rise from the dead to finish off Fizz. I'd also get rid of most of the new family.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Is that it ?
    Desperate times
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hat killed carl king in emmerdale i wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like carla he kills off next lol
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Will Carla be involved?

Sadly, lol, yes Kazza. Carla is going to loose one of her flagellating and unsuspecting arms, as she has it outstretched talking about Peter's whereabouts in the Atlantic when the rogue runaway bus snags on her waterfall cardi and drags her under the wheel before it overturns and kills Lloyd, Tyrone, Sophie and Anna Windass.
    Carla will continue to function as the Factory Big cheese though because she's going to have her arm replaced with a rolling pin with a hook on the end, which she'll have a lot of fun with when she's out pinching the men's arses.
    She has to learn the hard way not to use the arm to pick her nose with though.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    So true, Corrie are great with dragging their plots out, and revealing every little detail before hand... The only thing that's been a surprise was Rob clobbering Tina over the head, and Peter being found not guilty... EVEN the ending of the storyline has been revealed ffs!:D compare corrie to hollyoaks, EE, and Emmerdale, who all have lots of twists and surprises...
    I think you're getting your soaps mixed up - its EE that drags storylines out for no good reason.

Back to the bus crash thing though - this was done a while back (1970's) in Corrie when there was a coach outing and one of the major characters at the time (Ray Langton) was left paralysed.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please let it be fizz.......please let it be fizz. .....

Perhaps leading to Fizz's exit storyline? (for maternity leave?)
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EUROBOY65 wrote: »
    This is such a reworking of a story from the 1970s when a coach crashes carrying residents of the street on a day out..lazy lazy lazy Mr Blackburn, (he's 49), so .if you remember Suzy Birchall, u remember the coach crash story line.
    What story lines are next? Some one shot during a robbery at the factory? Maybe, Deidre has an affair and Ken finds out? How about someone dies in the snug?
    Lol even the tram crash ripped off a 1960s story where a train came off the same viaduct. Corrie and original ideas don't mix anymore, a lorry will probably crash into the Rovers after this.

Obvs a panic move in response to the show being over a million viewers down on last year. It reminds me of the Phil & Carl car stunt in Enders that was supposed to revive their fortunes, only it didn't work, strong character based drama did.

Problem is most of the factory lot are poor actors/characters so do they seriously expect us to give a chuff who makes it out alive.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you're getting your soaps mixed up - its EE that drags storylines out for no good reason.

Back to the bus crash thing though - this was done a while back (1970's) in Corrie when there was a coach outing and one of the major characters at the time (Ray Langton) was left paralysed.
    really? Look how long they dragged the Neil/Andrea/Lloyd storyline out for, unnecessarily drawn out plots has been a common theme under stuart Blackburn.

Why do you feel the need to bring EE into this anyway? The only reference lou_123 made to the show was a correct one; that they have more surprises/twists than Corrie, and lou also mentioned other soaps in that reference not just EE.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I doubt Sean will be killed off. Killing off Carla would be one of the stupidest decisions Blackburn makes.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Perhaps leading to Fizz's exit storyline? (for maternity leave?)

I believe Fiz will leave with Cilla and as she's only back for 6 weeks then that means they should both be gone by the end of November.

I doubt if anyone will be killed, the spoiler says that it will leave some in hospital and if anyone does die I expect it'll be 'poor Charlie from packing' who we've never heard of before.

Let's think who might be on the mini bus of doom.

Steve (driving), Sally, Sean, Beth, Kirk, Maddie, Izzy plus assorted extras.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there really going to be a coach crash? I think the character of Maddie has already been disposed of; one of Stuart Blackburn's rare admissions of failure, I can't think of anyone else I would like to see killed off, but I will put my mind to it.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was Blackburn I would kill off four people in this storyline-

Sean, Maria, Luke & Maddie.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    really? Look how long they dragged the Neil/Andrea/Lloyd storyline out for, unnecessarily drawn out plots has been a common theme under stuart Blackburn.

Why do you feel the need to bring EE into this anyway? The only reference lou_123 made to the show was a correct one; that they have more surprises/twists than Corrie, and lou also mentioned other soaps in that reference not just EE.

I don't agree. So many plots happen way too quickly and you can't believe them (usually the depth of emotion involved) because of the speed with which things come about.

Look at the Gail/Les Dennis relationship - it's all happened way too quickly - and they are looking for a conclusion to that storyline way too soon. What's wrong with allowing stories to pootle along in the background? Allow characters to form normal relationships at a normal speed so that we can appreciate that when things go wrong, the characters are close enough to really care about each other and we can understand the emotion.

There is no need to feature the couple/family involved in every episode, just the occasional scene to let us know that a relationship is going well, or alternatively that the same problems are bubbling under. I think they need more storylines on the boil at any one time, but some flaring up or producing high drama and others on the slow burn. The need to conclude a storyline within a 3 or 6 month timeframe is totally unrealistic in my view.
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there really going to be a coach crash? I think the character of Maddie has already been disposed of; one of Stuart Blackburn's rare admissions of failure, I can't think of anyone else I would like to see killed off, but I will put my mind to it.

After the way she was portrayed over the summer (from liar and thief to caring babysitter and dog rescuer) I can't help thinking that this crash is an opportunity for Maddie to save someone's life. :p
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully we can kill off Fizz, Izzy and Sean all in one go.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I can't see this storyline having any kind of a lasting impact. A few will end up in hospital, one in a coma or a severe injury and they will try and make us wonder if they will die. Which they probably won't. There loved ones will be by their bedside for a week roughly, they will constantly cry and then the loved one will pull through. And Steve will be affected by this involved in his depression. Stuart Blackburn loves clichés so this is probably how the storyline will go but let's hope the stunt is actually good.

There's going to be so much deadwood on that coach, SB it's the time to get rid of them. Fiz, Sean Izzy, Maddeh, Sawfeh even one or two them would be amazing but that's wishful thinking. It would be a great start to the new year.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Will Carla be involved?

Probably as Carla is like Tina, and has to be involved in every story.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member

Maddie has been very visible over the summer and has a contract until the middle of next year.

So I cannot see why you think that she has been disposed of.
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Corrie wouldn't tell us what surprises are in store. It spoils the whole experience when you know what's coming next. Compare it with Emmerdale where you aren;t in the S/L know and you get twists and turns and surprises all the time.
    I can't count the number of times i've expressed shock/surprise or amazement while watchin ED. Corrie's just a drag and a waste of life now......don't tell me not to watch it then because I don't anymore....it's just on and I hear it happening.