Latest Tivo Software Update - Nov 2013

Comments

• Blood101Blood101 Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Any idea when this update might hit Newcastle Upon Tyne?

Cheers

Stephen
  • TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The notes on the Netflix press release from today said all areas would get the update by this Friday.
  • Blood101Blood101 Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Now out in Area 21 aka Lewisham or London !
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    thx76uk wrote: »
    Now out in Area 21 aka Lewisham or London !

Area 21 is Lewisham, London and not or London!
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine updated overnight! Apart from Netflix is there a list of other software improvements?:confused:
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    Area 21 is Lewisham, London and not or London!
    Actually Area 21 is lots of other places too
    Forum Member
    fixerman wrote: »
    Mine updated overnight! Apart from Netflix is there a list of other software improvements?:confused:
    http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Netflix-and-TiVo-update/m-p/2049680#M166
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    BenMcr77 wrote: »
    Actually Area 21 is lots of other places too

I was talking about the Headend site, I do not live in Lewisham itself, but I am still in Area 21
    Forum Member
    I was talking about the Headend site, I do not live in Lewisham itself, but I am still in Area 21
    Bill Area 21 is spread across England, not just London, so covers multiple headends.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First I've heard of this update. Watched some recordings yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find an update just now when I turned my TV on for the first time today.

So far everything looks so much easier to use and a lot cleaner to view
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its very fast too. Its almost as though they fired a new cpu down the cable.
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice that the Tivo no longer records the buffer on the selected channel when in standby.
  • rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Update In Rotherham S65
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I notice that the Tivo no longer records the buffer on the selected channel when in standby.

Don't put it in standby, only uses 1W more than the old standby setting anyway
  • withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pressing the standby button twice is just daft, to put the box in standby .Who the hell thought of that?
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    withnailuk wrote: »
    Pressing the standby button twice is just daft, to put the box in standby .Who the hell thought of that?

One push is enough. It will go into standby without the second push.

If you have inadvertently pushed the standby, it allows you to back out without losing the buffering.
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,740
    Forum Member
    You press the standby button ONCE to put it into standby - but have around 10 seconds to cancel it in case it was done by accident!

Pressing the standby a second time confirms it was not an accident and then goes to standby instantly.

If it went into standby instantly on one press - you would loose the buffers and have to go through the restart routine - when the key press may have been an accident!
    withnailuk wrote: »
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,740
    Forum Member
    With the discs spinning there isn't any (noticable) power saving to be made.

It's your choice - record buffers or power save.

The old option was no power save whatever.
  • lionelmortonlionelmorton Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the update .
    Don't like waiting it for it to go into standby and don't like waiting for it to wake up.
    Surely there is a way to switch this annoying feature off?

Went to try Netflix - got bored waiting for it to load.
    Suggestions are switched off anyway.
    So overall not that impressed so far
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Have you seen the options to control standby in the setup menu?
  • dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the update .
    Don't like waiting it for it to go into standby and don't like waiting for it to wake up.
    Surely there is a way to switch this annoying feature off?

Went to try Netflix - got bored waiting for it to load.
    Suggestions are switched off anyway.
    So overall not that impressed so far

Why do you feel you have to wait for it to go into standby? as for it waking up by the time my TV comes out of standby the Tivo has woken up

Netflix took perhaps 20 seconds to initialise, you must have a very low attention spam.
  • GordonJGordonJ Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Ooh, I have HD suggestions.

Does it now prioritise the HD version of channels?
  • _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Is there a list of changes anywhere?

I've noticed in 'manage my series links' a series link with no further scheduled recordings now appears kind of greyed out, which makes it much easier to manually prune series links that are no longer needed (I don't know if there's a way to automatically prune series links).

One feature I'd like would be not having to select 'favourites' every hour. If they don't want to allow the selection to be permanent then surely once a day would be sufficient.