FOUR judges that CAN'T SING!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
Forum Member
I guess that is the end of the judges/contestants duets for the final now then. That is unless they cover up with a set that is led by choreography instead.

Any way apart from that it is a hit against there being a strong credible basis to the judging panel.

As we have come to know, the judging panel quite clearly now is about 'personality' rather than 'credentials'.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl Cole can sing when she isn'T lipsyning but she is far from Whitney Houston.

Mel B i dunno does she even still have a music career?
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Id like to see Louis duet with whichever one of his 16 year old Irish boys get to the final.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a panel filled with interesting and entertaining personalities, as opposed to a panel filled with the more credible artists like Gary Barlow, who turned out to be awfully bland. Besides, it's not The Voice, it's The X Factor - It's not just about singing, it's about being a pop star, which is something Mel and Cheryl have both achieved. They are more than qualified to issue a judgement upon aspiring popstars; they've done it themselves, so why not?
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I'd rather have a panel filled with interesting and entertaining personalities, as opposed to a panel filled with the more credible artists like Gary Barlow, who turned out to be awfully bland. Besides, it's not The Voice, it's The X Factor - It's not just about singing, it's about being a pop star, which is something Mel and Cheryl have both achieved. They are more than qualified to issue a judgement upon aspiring popstars; they've done it themselves, so why not?

BIB - Couldn't agree more. Barlow was the classic example of a 'credible' judge and mentor who could sing, was a musician and songwriter - yet he was useless on the panel, imho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Id like to see Louis duet with whichever one of his 16 year old Irish boys get to the final.

Not to mention Simon's duet with whoever he mentors ;-)
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are moaning about this but look at the voice there all singers but dont have much personality as a group and are quite boring
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by this it will be back to the drawing board to choose celebrity singers for the duets for the final whenever that will be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    Going by this it will be back to the drawing board to choose celebrity singers for the duets for the final whenever that will be.

The only reason they havent done it since 2010 is because simon isnt there to persaude them
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B performed on the Today Show in america last year with her single 'For Once In My Life', she did a VERY good job IMO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0PkzgaoJ_4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B performed on the Today Show in america last year with her single 'For Once In My Life', she did a VERY good job IMO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0PkzgaoJ_4

This is a good chance to kick start her music career in the uk again
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii Minogue couldn't sing either yet many think she is the X Factor Queen for bizarre reasons I can't get my head around.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when do you have to be able to sing to judge a crowd of wannabees?
    Brian Epstein couldn't sing a note, but he knew talent when he saw and heard the Beatles.
    Judges don't have to commit a murder to judge a murderer.
  • AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole can sing when she isn'T lipsyning but she is far from Whitney Houston.

You have a nerve to put down Mel B.

She's achieved far more in the entertainment/music industry than Cheryl Cole could dream of.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Barlow was useless, he had all the credentials but he could not spot a popstar, he was way too focused on vocals. I'm also slightly glad that the judges can barely sing because it probably means we'll get actual good duet partners this year. Celebrity duets used to be the best part of the final!
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care, the judge contestant performances were rather boring and took a lot of the excitement out of the final.

At least this year they can hype up the celebrity duets again and they will hopefully be able to attract some big names like in previous years.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    People are moaning about this but look at the voice there all singers but dont have much personality as a group and are quite boring

Every coach/judge who's been on the voice has a much better personality than Cheryl, including the incredibly boring Sir Tom Jones

will.i.am & Jesse J arguably have bigger ones than the rest of this years panel, though Jesse might be a pain

But back when these shows first started it didn't have singers, remember Simon, Pete, Nicki & Foxy? People should watch for the contestants not the judges, but those days are now over
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I don't care, the judge contestant performances were rather boring and took a lot of the excitement out of the final.

At least this year they can hype up the celebrity duets again and they will hopefully be able to attract some big names like in previous years.

well last year we got shane from westlife and ellie goulding so.....
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This version of Word Up is better than Little Mix's, maybe even Cameo's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkyzqA-xBQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    This version of Word Up is better than Little Mix's, maybe even Cameo's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkyzqA-xBQ

Nothing betters the original imo. I personally hate Mel and Little Mix's versions.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Series one to three (and arguably four to seven) had a panel that couldn't sing either and it didn't really affect them in terms of popularity.
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have a nerve to put down Mel B.

She's achieved far more in the entertainment/music industry than Cheryl Cole could dream of.

Mel B was just one fifth of the Spice Girls as Cheryl Cole was one fifth of Girls Aloud.
    Girls Aloud girls were all selected by public vote, and could sing
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,261
    Forum Member
    getty wrote: »
    Since when do you have to be able to sing to judge a crowd of wannabees?

This. And there are two singers on the panel, but it's not just about the voice. A lot of the people they put through last year were okay, but most of them had little to no personality, which is why I couldn't really warm to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member

No she can't. Cheryl can't sing and never will be able to. She's hot though. I guess looks get your more than talent nowadays.. ;-)
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you can sing doesn't mean you'd make a good judge
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best part of the X Factor final was the well known singer and the X Factor finalist duet. Hopefully Simon will bring some top people in for it.