Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Can't see how as Cain's life was hanging in the balance this week.

The inhabitants of Emmerdale have their own reserved ward. It's very high risk living there.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see how as Cain's life was hanging in the balance this week.

Not forgetting Lawrence, who had a heart attack in one episode & was back at home wandering about as if nothing had happened by the next episode!
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be unsympathetic but how much longer are we having of Belle and Gemma? Although last night Gemma spoke out loud in the car, this maybe her swansong. She was bl**dy annoying as a character when she was alive, but by hell she is even more annoying as a ghost. At least Katie could see there is something radically wrong with Belle

Lisa whining, Zac bumbling, Sam completely dazed by it all, and then into the mix rolls that old slapper of Sam's, forget her name, glad he booted her out the door, but why is she back? She was awful last time she appeared. Was she just there to prove exactly who stole two bottles of vodka?

Just my random thought
    Was Nicola pregnant with twins and, having lost one, maybe she is still pregnant with the other twin? The spoilers say something about a shock for Nicola.

Leyla telling wooden Jai that they loved each other and should be together. What absolute tosh. The only person Jai loves is himself, the only reason he loves Archie is because he sees Archie as an extension of himself. He's just a selfish prat and Leyla is a fool.

All in all two barely watchable episodes. No doubt everyone else enjoyed it, just me hated it then.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Leyla certainly found out last night that there's more to a relationship than sex, at least for Jai. He obviously thinks that Megan is going to make better 'mother' material for Archie than Leyla otherwise I reckon he'd have been all over Leyla like a rash again. What an idiot Leyla made of herself but more amazing to me is how many seemingly sensible women fall for the charisma free zone that is Jai.

The actress who played Belle was cracking last night, that scene in the car when we heard Gemma's annoying voice was pretty tense, I did wonder if Zak was going to come a cropper. I hope Zak and Lisa now arrange professional help for her now.

So Emma tried to smother Ross!!! *eeeek!* TBH I'm not surprised that James chased her away if she was a danger to her kids, however trying to get her some help might have been beneficial for them all too instead of her watching from the sidelines and being chased away by her 12 year old son. Notice it was Ross she tried to kill, looks like he's always been a pain in the backside, lol!

What the hell have they brought Tracy back for? (if I could use smilies there'd be several red angry faces here). She added nothing the last time and can't see that changing now.

Good episodes on the whole, the Belle stuff held my attention but have to admit that I hope it's over now.

(Can't really say much more as I'm on the mobile version, the usual desktop site isn't working for me for some reason?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All in all two barely watchable episodes. No doubt everyone else enjoyed it, just me hated it then.

I didn't think they were as bad as you did, but they really weren't very good, specially after the brilliant stuff with Emma, and also Cain, earlier in the week. James and Pete are the weakest Bartons, I don't give a stuff about Jai's love life, and I'm bored witless of Dead Gemma, so really not great.
    lotty27 wrote: »
    So Emma tried to smother Ross!!! *eeeek!* TBH I'm not surprised that James chased her away if she was a danger to her kids, however trying to get her some help might have been beneficial for them all too instead of her watching from the sidelines and being chased away by her 12 year old son. Notice it was Ross she tried to kill, looks like he's always been a pain in the backside, lol!

Yes, exactly! What Emma did was terrible, but she needed help! I still feel full of hatred towards James over the whole thing. >:(

And OI, my Ross is not a pain in the bum. I bet Little Ross was a handful, but so cute. :cool: Poor baby. :cry:
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Leyla certainly found out last night that there's more to a relationship than sex, at least for Jai. He obviously thinks that Megan is going to make better 'mother' material for Archie than Leyla otherwise I reckon he'd have been all over Leyla like a rash again. What an idiot Leyla made of herself but more amazing to me is how many seemingly sensible women fall for the charisma free zone that is Jai.

The actress who played Belle was cracking last night, that scene in the car when we heard Gemma's annoying voice was pretty tense, I did wonder if Zak was going to come a cropper. I hope Zak and Lisa now arrange professional help for her now.

What the hell have they brought Tracy back for? (if I could use smilies there'd be several red angry faces here). She added nothing the last time and can't see that changing now.

Good episodes on the whole, the Belle stuff held my attention but have to admit that I hope it's over now.

(Can't really say much more as I'm on the mobile version, the usual desktop site isn't working for me for some reason?)

Thhought I was hearing things when Gemma spoke eek, no wonder Belle went bonkers hearing that, she was bad enough alive.

Speaking of which would you really wait until the morning to call a doctor for Belle given the state whe's in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! I thought that one would get a few people excited :D

I thought she was bloomin' epic! Love her glossy hair too.

Of all the people who have had a go at Moira over going with James all those years ago (to me) only this woman had a right to really give her grief as it was her husband Moira had shagged so I didn't mind her saying those things to Moira one bit. I'm sure if John had found out he'd have had a right go at his brother for it!! The grief that Moira got from all and sundry who had no right last year did my head in.
    Adam too I suppose but he went ridiculously OTT - however he seems to have had a change of personality whilst in prison, he's almost nice nowadays :o

BIB: :D love it!

Somehow Moira (or perhaps the actress) has always come over as quite mature so, I at least, quickly forgot how young she is to supposedly have kids of their age. But I definitely think that Gillian Kearney, no matter how old she gets, will always have an air of 'youth' about her. It's not just that she looks young she seems young too. I hope that makes sense as I can't really explain what I mean!

Summat in the watter. Either that or they do things differently in the country lol!

No doubt Gillian K's problem is that we all saw her when she was 15 on Brookside and we can't get that out of our heads because if we do we will all feel ancient.:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think they were as bad as you did, but they really weren't very good, specially after the brilliant stuff with Emma, and also Cain, earlier in the week. James and Pete are the weakest Bartons, I don't give a stuff about Jai's love life, and I'm bored witless of Dead Gemma, so really not great.

Yes, exactly! What Emma did was terrible, but she needed help! I still feel full of hatred towards James over the whole thing. >:(

And OI, my Ross is not a pain in the bum. I bet Little Ross was a handful, but so cute. :cool: Poor baby. :cry:

I am with Emma in regards to Ross heh. He's a poor man's Aaron.
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Nicola pregnant with twins and, having lost one, maybe she is still pregnant with the other twin? The spoilers say something about a shock for Nicola.

She could be, would be a good storyline. Either that or Jimmy's swimmers are still knackered and it would mean she's slept with someone else!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I am with Emma in regards to Ross heh. He's a poor man's Aaron.

OI. >:( You know my feelings on Aaron Tearstick Livesy (sponsored by Kleenex Mansize). I'll take Ross any time. Any time. :cool:

I agree that it beggared belief that Zak and Lisa didn't immediately call a doctor for Belle. She's mentally ill, she could do absolutely anything. It doesn't just switch off at the end of an episode. [eye roll]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis of emmerdale Characters.

1) Gemma just as horrible in death as in life.

2) Belle - Young Eden put in another fantastic performance as every else finally noticed there was something wrong with her, not sure about waiting until morning though for a Doctor.

3) Zak was very good at calming Belle down although it did look for a moment she would run him down.

4) Lisa Did Lisa get an lobotomy at some point because she is very very stupid, she is taking Ostrich syndrome to whole new Levels.

things a re especially bad because if Lisa had let Belle tell about Gemma in the first place she wouldn't have been under such terrible pressure, wouldn't have go to jail and probably wouldn't have such mental problems now as she would have been able to talk about it with someone other than dead Gemma

5) Katie did well with Belle and recognised there was a problem

6)Megan goodness knows why she is marrying Jai.

7) Layla dear are you as ill as Belle otherwise why else are you so into Jai.

8) Jai rivalling James in the block of wood stakes, although in his case it more Balsa wood light and fake.

9) Georgia, bit mean of her to tell Jai she was ill.

10) Nicola trying to get back to normal and failing.

11) Jimmy not getting any and after he went to all that trouble as well.

12) Pete saw his mother try to Kill Ross pity he didn't finish the job.

13) James said stuff what I can't remember

14) Ali why was she going to a wedding or at work when her son Sean had had a nasty accident with lots of blood according to Amelia, very strange behaviour.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pklease let this be an end to the boring Belle storyline. I fast forwarded through last nights eps, only watching the barton stuff. Very dull.
  • Options
    Beverly HillsBeverly Hills Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hot Ross Buns about to appear on This Morning! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gosh

Do you want me to keep a fan handy in case you faint.:D:D:D
  • Options
    Beverly HillsBeverly Hills Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Gosh

Do you want me to keep a fan handy in case you faint.:D:D:D

Nope,

Just the kleenex will do ;-):D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member

He was lovely. :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Fantastic Ross montage as well. "Can I help it if women find me attractive?" :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God.
    7093 Thursday 29 January 2015 8pm – 8.30pm

James’ life hangs in the balance

Please please PLEASE die. Please. Just die.

I'm afraid he doesn't.
    He was lovely. :blush::blush:

Fantastic Ross montage as well. "Can I help it if women find me attractive?":D

The montage just made me realise what a fantastic character Ross is. I'm not sure there's many characters who were such a big hit so soon after being introduced. Fair play to the actor :)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope,

Just the kleenex will do ;-):D:p

:D:D:D

Saw the interview. Michael Parr is just so damn lovely (just like his fit, sadly not gay carjacker, of a character)!
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Saw the interview. Michael Parr is just so damn lovely (just like his fit, sadly not gay carjacker, of a character)!

Agreed. Very appealing.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Wow, Have they jumped the shark a bit? that was defiantly something Hollyoaks would do!

7) Layla dear are you as ill as Belle otherwise why else are you so into Jai.

:D:D:D I can't stop laughing
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member

So Emma tried to smother Ross!!! *eeeek!* TBH I'm not surprised that James chased her away if she was a danger to her kids, however trying to get her some help might have been beneficial for them all

Exactly - it could have been post natal depression rather than her being psychotic etc - so why didn't they get her help???
    A lot of lives have been ruined by them not doing that.
    Let's hope it can be sorted now.

Another person who needs serious hep is Leyla.
    She is very very ill.
    And Megan also needs her head looking at.

Jai is horrible and there is NOTHING endearing about him at all - so what is wrong with these women?? It makes no sense.

I like it that Chrissie went to the Dingles to apologise for Robert.
    She is a nice woman. I like her.

Oh, and meanwhile on Extra Watch, in the Cafe in last nights episode there was an old gentleman who seemed to be talking into the camera across the room instead of the woman sitting opposite him.
    You are not supposed to acknowledge the camera lens is on you, silly.

And why oh why has the dreadful Tracy been brought back??

Is Val's sole purpose now to help troubled young women????
    Amy, Tracy.......who next?
    Bleurgh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly - it could have been post natal depression rather than her being psychotic etc - so why didn't they get her help???
    A lot of lives have been ruined by them not doing that.
    Let's hope it can be sorted now.

Another person who needs serious hep is Leyla.
    She is very very ill.
    And Megan also needs her head looking at.

Jai is horrible and there is NOTHING endearing about him at all - so what is wrong with these women?? It makes no sense.

Oh, and meanwhile on Extra Watch, in the Cafe in last nights episode there was an old gentleman who seemed to be talking into the camera across the room instead of the woman sitting opposite him.
    You are not supposed to acknowledge the camera lens is on you, silly.

Bleurgh
    Yes, another déja vu storyline. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    star89 wrote: »
    I'm afraid he doesn't.

The montage just made me realise what a fantastic character Ross is. I'm not sure there's many characters who were such a big hit so soon after being introduced. Fair play to the actor :)

Knew it was too good to be true about Himbo Jimbo. :(

That's what I love about Michael Parr, it just feels like he tore into the role with gusto. And his sarcasm makes me laugh out loud. :D

They described him in a really funny way as well, like carjacking, woman seducing, pensioner boshing Ross, or something like that. I thought they might have borrowed it from you. :cool:

Bleurgh.

I like Chrissie as well.

I do not like Tracy. Bleurgh and double bleurgh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Yes, another déja vu storyline. >:(

I hope she doesn't give birth to a baby in a phonebox whilst still wearing her tights.
    I don't think I could watch that again. And I hope it doesn't mean Tracy's mother is going to be made a regular character like Amy's was. {Although I actually like watching Kerry. I like her more than Amy]

So,
    we have Val taking Amy under her wing as a recycled Val taking Amy under her wing story from Kate Oates.
    We have Cain's brain Op as a recycled Brenda brain op story.

What else have we had? I'm sure there's more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw that Michael Parr chat on This Morning.
    He was a teaching assistant working with special needs kids.
    I like the bloke even more now.

I think he plays Ross with a glint in his eye and I think Emmerdale should hang on to him and treasure him. He's an asset to the show.

Did they say he was only 28 though????
    He looks about 35 to me!
    [Another reason why the woman playing his Mum looks too young!]

I can't wait to see what he does when he finds out the truth about what his Mum did.
    I hope he nurtures his Mum and turns on his Dad for not getting her the medical help she obviously needed at the time.
This discussion has been closed.