Options

Why was Matt not popular with the other contestants

I thought it was obvious that the other contestants preferred Kara. Not only that but there were very few smiles when Tess was interviewing Matt and Aliona backstage. Check out Peter Shilton's grimace. Anyone know if something had gone off?

Comments

• Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Utter bol**cks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    I don't know, let me just mind meld with the contestants for a moment
  • Options
    QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrclarke wrote: »
    I thought it was obvious that the other contestants preferred Kara. Not only that but there were very few smiles when Tess was interviewing Matt and Aliona backstage. Check out Peter Shilton's grimace. Anyone know if something had gone off?
    You might want to checkout 'showbiz' forum, 100% allegedly blind items pages 88-90
    ;)
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe Tess had let one off? :rolleyes:

I can't help but get the feeling some FMs are reading a huge amount into not very much. Yes, Kara had her supporters among her fellow celebs. So did Matt. So what? What difference would it make who was backing whom? None of the celebs said anything in the main show.

Bear in mind also that support for Kara might have been more vociferous given that she danced half the final with an extremely painful injury.

Everyone is entitled to speculate, sure - but I don't think there's any concrete evidence that Matt was unpopular with the other contestants. Both Gavin and Ann explicitly stated they wanted him to win ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was popular enough, only Kara became more popular towards the end because her dancing had got so good.
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, let me just mind meld with the contestants for a moment

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually noticed that from Peter, but other than that I didn't really sense any negative vibes towards Matt.

Plus, who's to say that the Matt was out disliked - it could just be that Kara is liked a lot more.
  • Options
    dottigirldottigirl Posts: 2,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Both Gavin and Ann explicitly stated they wanted him to win ...

Gavin's an interesting one to support Matt, he doesn't strike me as someone who would pick up undercurrents therefore he may have been completely oblivious to the rumoured situation.

Plus I can see him thinking the person who trains the hardest should win.
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dottigirl wrote: »
    Gavin's an interesting one to support Matt, he doesn't strike me as someone who would pick up undercurrents therefore he may have been completely oblivious to the rumoured situation.

I thought it was pretty clear from his ITT interview that it was a 'boys sticking together' thing ... ;)
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin also said Kara should win in the days running up to the final. I don't think he really cared to be perfectly honest. I noticed a few of the male pros were shouting Matt to win though.
  • Options
    SuzieQ12SuzieQ12 Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to speculate, sure - but I don't think there's any concrete evidence that Matt was unpopular with the other contestants. Both Gavin and Ann explicitly stated they wanted him to win ...
    dottigirl wrote: »

Not long before Gavin stated he wanted Matt to win, he'd actually said he'd wanted Kara to win.

Make of it what you will, but someone did mention on the forums that the BBC asked him to say he was supporting Matt on ITT - presumably because an awful lot of the celebs on the show seemed to be favouring Kara.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    You might want to checkout 'showbiz' forum, 100% allegedly blind items pages 88-90
    ;)

:eek: I'm very disappointed in Matt
  • Options
    QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I couldn't believe it either, but the source is solid.:D
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

What is the source? I'm guessing you can't tell us!

I don't like it when people have a "whiter than white" image - it makes me suspicious. I didn't really take to Matt's personality or his dancing, but I don't like unfounded gossip either. It isn't fair.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Dont tell me people on this forum didnt know about Matt

Come to think of it I wonderd why there wasnt a thread on here about it

nobody on here knew :D
  • Options
    marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i like him, I can well believe it. But I dont see it in her though, she doesnt seem that taken with him.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;)

I think I have lost the plot here. How can this relate to Matt when he's married? He doesn't have a fiancee :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    dottigirldottigirl Posts: 2,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont tell me people on this forum didnt know about Matt

Come to think of it I wonderd why there wasnt a thread on here about it

nobody on here knew :D

That's not right, I read it on here several times. For some reason nothing's been made of it. Perhaps understandable considering what is at risk, more than a tacky prop at least.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Reckon that the producers pickle our heads to death sometimes and the fact that the contestants said Kara on who they wanted to win to me was a bit of a stitch-up by the bbc.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Azla AxeAzla Axe Posts: 489
    Forum Member

I think you are reading to much into it. Kara is a bubbly young girl, and she hurt herself, so it's only natural the other contestants would be fussing over her. Matt is a man. Fussing over him would look a bit weird, don't you think? Also, it might be that Kara being an actress knew a lot of them before the show, so there was more familiarity with her. Or it could be that with Matt not training in London most of the time, he didn't have a chance to interact with the other contestants and create bonds with them.

I don't think anyone showed any obvious dislike for Matt, and he seemed to be a real gentleman on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't get it. Would somebody please PM me and put me out of my misery? :(
  • Options
    kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm a bunch of posters who joined several years ago and still only have a few hundred posts between them come in and post ridiculous things in the middle of the night

not even worth the finger exercise to respond
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't get it. Would somebody please PM me and put me out of my misery? :(

I have PMd you Buddy...dont know if anyone already had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have PMd you Buddy...dont know if anyone already had.

Thanks Jan. ;)
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is typical Tall Poppy syndrome - if someone is successful we have got to knock them down.

All dancers/celebs form a bond and the rumour mill is bound to go into overdrive - I find it sickening that things get blown up out of all proportion