New Freeview Channels?!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC needs to reintroduce 2nd red button option on both DTT and satellite.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2012/10/red_button_changes.html
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    BBC needs to reintroduce 2nd red button option on both DTT and satellite.

Vermilion and burgundy? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    Me too. I have both as well and make full use of Freeview and Freesat. If you can have both, get both they are there to be enjoyed. It's not a competition.

I bought a Panasonic TV with both Freesat and Freeview and find there is more than enough to watch. I had Sky a few years ago then cancelled it and was offered half price for 12 months plus a £50 voucher for spending at Tesco which I took up because at the time I missed the Discovery channels and also Eurosport. I cancelled again after the end of 12 months and I doubt I will ever go back to Sky again unless I got the complete phone, broadband TV package.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    Does anyone if their are any new Channel's this year? I mean.. On Sky all theses free channels and we have 50? CBS, Zone Horror, Starz TV etc.. Why are they not apart of it? We have one Movie channel? 2 music Channel's.. I know this sounds like a bad idea.. But we pay to watch TV.. And if we are getting just 50 channel's? And SKY are getting 1000s, then maybe we should pay less?

Does anyone know if their are any new channel's coming to Freeview, waiting for the day off CBS!

How do we have to 'pay' for Freeview - clues in the title, Harry. Everyone - Sky customer or not - has to pay the TV Licence, so it's not like you're having to pay separately for Freeview.

There's a physical limit as to the number of channels Freeview can carry, and 50 is probably about right. The chances of CBS, Zone Horror, Starz TV ever coming to Freeview are non-existent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got both a Freeview PVR & Freesat PVR, tend to use the Freesat one more due to the fact that the Freesat box has got a custom firmware Installed that means we can change channels & set up recordings while in bed as well as watch recordings/live TV in bed as well. The Freeview PVR will probably get some use when the Sheffield local channel goes live later this year.

Roland
  • viewer btvviewer btv Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    You are paying less. In fact, you're paying precisely £0. :confused:

Dave ja vu is due to be replaced with something unknown from UKTV. Local TV channels are due to (start) launching this year, along with two more (unknown) pseudo-national channels.

The reason there are less channels than on Sky is two-fold.
    a) there is less bandwidth available so fewer channels can be physically launched.
    b) carriage is more expensive, due in part to point a, so less channels can afford it.
    Not all channels can afford the higher costs, and survive on advertising revenue alone.
    I hope they are going to at least have a segment on it like they did some years ago called UK TV SPORT which ran a few hours a day for a short period .With the recent Olympics in mind it would nice to get back something like that long term on a daily basis for a few hours at least.
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see Crime & Investigation Network, Discovery Home & Health or a new Horror film themed channel.
  • Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would like to see alibi make it to freeview
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBS channel anding date yet freeview this year 2013:cool:

What? This post makes no sense!
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexD wrote: »
    What? This post makes no sense!
    lol agree, tried deciphering this cryptic statement too without success!
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    Me too. I have both as well and make full use of Freeview and Freesat. If you can have both, get both they are there to be enjoyed. It's not a competition.

I have both in my bedroom (where the 2nd box of Sky Multiroom used to be). Cancelled Multiroom because it was an extra £10 for a month for programmes i watch on channels which are on Freeview & Freesat so i thought it made more sense to just use them and cancel multiroom :)
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    Would love to see Crime & Investigation Network, Discovery Home & Health or a new Horror film themed channel.

Given the chance, I'm sure that a lot of people would like to see pay tv channels without paying. Usually, the channel providers tend not to agree with these viewers.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    jj20x wrote: »
    Given the chance, I'm sure that a lot of people would like to see pay tv channels without paying. Usually, the channel providers tend not to agree with these viewers.

I quite agree with you, what you said is totally true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    jj20x wrote: »
    Which BBC channel would you lose to make room for it?

BBC3. Complete waste of space.
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g7mzh wrote: »

So you would remove BBC Three / CBBC and replace it with an interactive channel operating for a few hours a week? I'm sure that would be a very popular decision. :rolleyes:
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g7mzh wrote: »

But I am guessing you are over the age of 30 and hence BBC Three/CBBC is not targeted at you. Where as BBC Three is a very popular channel and gets a very high viewing considering it's limited hours.