Karen Mcdonald

SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
Forum Member
See the silly girlw wants to come back now! didn;t take long to realise she was a one-trick pony !

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    See the silly girlw wants to come back now! didn;t take long to realise she was a one-trick pony !

'Eventually' she wants to go back. Not yet. This 'one-trick pony' is too busy for Corrie at the moment!

She's done series one of 'Vincent' with Ray Winstone. They are filming a second series soon.

She is filming a comedy pilot for ITV.

She is appearing in the West End with Rob Lowe and John Barrowmen in ' A few good men'

I'm sure a lot of ex-Corrie actors would like to be that much of a 'one-trick pony' :)

And she said as she left last year that she only wanted to try something different for a while and one day she wanted to go back to Corrie, so she hasn't changed her mind about anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote:
    'Eventually' she wants to go back. Not yet. This 'one-trick pony' is too busy for Corrie at the moment!

She's done series one of 'Vincent' with Ray Winstone. They are filming a second series soon.

She is filming a comedy pilot for ITV.

She is appearing in the West End with Rob Lowe and John Barrowmen in ' A few good men'

I'm sure a lot of ex-Corrie actors would like to be that much of a 'one-trick pony' :)

And she said as she left last year that she only wanted to try something different for a while and one day she wanted to go back to Corrie, so she hasn't changed her mind about anything.

In fairness thoug, we haven't actually seen any of the stuff she's doing yet so we can't comment on whether it is or will be any good. I hope she does well as she always comes across very likeable on interviews and stuff, and she has got a lot of talent.
    Forum Member
    In fairness thoug, we haven't actually seen any of the stuff she's doing yet so we can't comment on whether it is or will be any good. I hope she does well as she always comes across very likeable on interviews and stuff, and she has got a lot of talent.
    Vincent starts in September.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, or at least I hope, that as Suranne did so many things as Karen, like high drama and proper laugh out loud comedy, that that role itself showed she wasn't one-trick, but I guess we'll have tp wait and see to know for sure.

I know "Vincent" has impressed ITV so much that they're in preparation for a 2nd series already.
  • BSHAWBSHAW Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Suranne Jones is VERY popular and a good actress, so it wouldn't go for you to say these things. She's a great actress very talented, I wish her look but I'd like her to return in a few years.
    Forum Member
    Drifter wrote:
    I think, or at least I hope, that as Suranne did so many things as Karen, like high drama and proper laugh out loud comedy, that that role itself showed she wasn't one-trick, but I guess we'll have tp wait and see to know for sure.

I know "Vincent" has impressed ITV so much that they're in preparation for a 2nd series already.

No, they're doing it to hang onto Ray Winstone. If they didn't nab him for a second series now rather than after Series 1 had been shown, he'd be in America and might not want to come back and do another series at that time.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I somehow doubt they'd do it if the series was utter crap though. They say they're impressed with it, I actually beleive them. They're obsessed with ratings and even Ray isn't a guaranteed consistent winner if the series is dreadful.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Please come back, and give Tracey a SLAP !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    BSHAW wrote:
    Suranne Jones is VERY popular and a good actress, so it wouldn't go for you to say these things. She's a great actress very talented, I wish her look but I'd like her to return in a few years.

Horses for courses. I personally couldn't stand her character, Karen, and did not rate her as an actress. Shall wait to see her in Vincent, maybe I'll change my mind.
    Forum Member
    Carina wrote:
    Horses for courses. I personally couldn't stand her character, Karen, and did not rate her as an actress. Shall wait to see her in Vincent, maybe I'll change my mind.

I don't rate her much from Corrie either. She won two soap awards for screaming and shouting, pulling faces and generally being mental most of the time.

But OTT performances catch the eye rather than quiet, better acted performances even if the acting isn't that good.

It'll certainly be interesting to see her dressing down and toning down her voice as Beth.