Options

Pink's most memorable single

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also: who knew "Get The Party Started" was partially written by Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart of Eurythmics?

The things you learn... I guess it's the Sweet Dreams sample.

The Shirley Bassey version is way better anyway.

Didn't know that, though there is a mash up of the two.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also: who knew "Get The Party Started" was partially written by Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart of Eurythmics?

that is not true, like jonesy said, one of the remixes used the sample, but the album version/radio mix, which is the most well known version was not co-written by the eurythmics. it was also the version that shirley bassey covered and while it was a interesting cover, i don't personally think it betters the original.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt many would agree but for me, her most distinctive is still and has always been Most Girls. Something about it just agrees with me in perpetuity. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    P!nk has a memorable single? :eek:
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Doubt many would agree but for me, her most distinctive is still and has always been Most Girls. Something about it just agrees with me in perpetuity. :)

Fantastic song. It had a great reaction when she performed it on her tour as a medley. There is a lot of love for that I think, along with There You Go.
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like a pill :)
  • Options
    WHATEVER MANWHATEVER MAN Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Stupid Girl and Let's Get the Party Started by far
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    It's difficult to say with Pink, but I feel like it's Just Like a Pill.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    So What
    Just Give Me a Reason
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say either Just Like A Pill or So What. Hard to say though really, never really gave it much thought what would be the most memorable.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the party started and that's it
  • Options
    RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where did you learn this?

The entire song was wrote by Linda Perry before it was given to Pink. Linda said many times how she wanted to see if she could write a pop song and came up with this, I'm 98% sure it was wrote entirely by her. I think it's just credited for the remix version! :)
  • Options
    wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    For me either Perfect or So what :)
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    P!nk has a memorable single? :eek:

Memorable doesn't necessarily mean good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    warszawa wrote: »
    Memorable doesn't necessarily mean good.
    I'm well aware of that. P!nk has had a few good singles ('Family Portrait' and 'Just like a Pill' mostly), but I REALLY don't think any of her singles will be remembered in 10 years time.
  • Options
    lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I'm well aware of that. P!nk has had a few good singles ('Family Portrait' and 'Just like a Pill' mostly), but I REALLY don't think any of her singles will be remembered in 10 years time.

Just Like a Pill and Family Portrait were both from Missundaztood album.... which was released 12 years ago...
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Fantastic song. It had a great reaction when she performed it on her tour as a medley. There is a lot of love for that I think, along with There You Go.

I still cannot fathom its ommison from her GH in favour of non singles like Dear Mister President :confused:

And i think for all those saying Just Like A Pill i woul say thats probably a UK thing as it was her first number 1 and has attained cult status. But casuals will more than likely say GTPS or So What.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil_boo wrote: »
    Just Like a Pill and Family Portrait were both from Missundaztood album.... which was released 12 years ago...

exactly.:D like i mentioned previously in the thread, pink has a lot of airplay for her previous hits, well she does at least here in the uk. she certainly has far more airplay for non recent singles compared to other female artists that came on the scene around the same time as her back in the day.
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I still cannot fathom its ommison from her GH in favour of non singles like Dear Mister President :confused:

And i think for all those saying Just Like A Pill i woul say thats probably a UK thing as it was her first number 1 and has attained cult status. But casuals will more than likely say GTPS or So What.

"most girls" is a great song and a strange omission from the greatest hits. it was her first #1 in australia and peaked higher than "there you go" here in the uk and in the us.

i am not sure if "cult status" is the correct term really. it wasn't a massive selling #1 here in the uk, but it was a #1 nonetheless. also, it was a top ten hit in the us and top 10 hit in a string of other countries. having ongoing airplay helps to keep songs alive with casual listeners and i do still hear that song occasionally on the radio. however, i do agree with "get the party started" and "so what" being on another level in terms of global popularity though.

in all honesty, i don't think people view pink as a global superstar on the same level of beyonce, rihanna or lady gaga, even though she has delivered some impressive commercial results. however, i do think she has cobbled together an impressive selection of radio friendly hits, which will be remembered.
  • Options
    RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

That song was a single in America and Australia! :cool:
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redundant wrote: »
    That song was a single in America and Australia! :cool:

Yep but doesn't expalin it's inclusion on her European GH. Australia and the US got their sperate GH's so by all means tack it on theirs. But here in Europe where it was an album track no. Also chuk in Funehouse and Bad influence they ahd no plac eon there either.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So What, probably overall, or Raise Your Glass, in terms of worldwide and modern.

Before So What probably Get The Party Started for the US and Just Like a Pill for the UK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lil_boo wrote: »
    Exactly! And the general public does NOT remember these songs. I was talking about her few GOOD singles, not the memorable ones, because as I said in my original comment, I don't think she has any of those. Read carefully :)
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like a pill

Never gets old!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Who Knew is my personal fave.
  • Options
    girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752