Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    Can't believe the cheap hotel room ad with the whiny bleating hipster music's on again.

Truly terrible.

Is that the beponytaled beardy idiot carrying his girlfriend down the corridor while they brush each others teeth?

I hate it just for the imagery as much as anything else... if you knew people who behaved like that they'd be the laughing stock of your group..
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sky News ad for their coverage of the General Election campaign featuring David Cameron, Ed Miliband, Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage "signing" I Swear - which I didn't realise All-4-One covered.

It's a shame it's not as good as the Minions version at the end of Despicable Me 2.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen it for a while, but it now it seems to be back in my area. The "Shit the bed" one. Somehow it seems to sum up tele advertising in general. Pandering to the lowest intellectual level.
    To any advertising executive proclaiming victory because his product got a mention on DS, let me just add that I haven't a clue what it's actually advertising.
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Marisota - Shapeology? Piss off! >:(

2. HTC One - "You only have one life to live." If playing shit music through my phone is living a life I don't want to know! >:(

3. Npower - Omid = SELL OUT! >:(

Ironic has he's not likely to do much more sell out gigs after this atrocity
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    I have no idea what the advert is for (well done, advertising team!) but it's one of those woman fantasizes about some muscle men and then is brought crashing back down to earth by the normal guy she shares her life with.

I recommend finding out otherwise you might accidentally buy their product and they'll think the advert is not only working but acceptable and make more.
    We can't have that
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    The Sky News ad for their coverage of the General Election campaign featuring David Cameron, Ed Miliband, Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage "signing" I Swear - which I didn't realise All-4-One covered.

It's a shame it's not as good as the Minions version at the end of Despicable Me 2.

The Gruesome Foursome certainly make many British people swear. :D
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do it with a Bing Bang Bong >:(>:(
    F*** Off
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That galaxy bus chauffeur ,advert , really annoying
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fixodent >:(
    Wish she'd break her Dentures on that apple
    Crunching drives me insane can't bear it
    Revolting advert >:(>:(
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    What's most wrong with TV ads?

* That fruit bowl thing
    * Whistling...ANY whistling. I don't care if you're flogging banking, cheap and nasty furniture, beds, plumbers, cars, whatever - just DON'T DO IT, fa' crying out loud.
    * Twee girly singing monsters
    * Any hint of Mumsnet-Harridan-Outsmarts-Dumb-Male-ery

These must stop. Now.
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any advert that concerns a lady having any kind of bladder problem or periods
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Haven't seen it for a while, but it now it seems to be back in my area. The "Shit the bed" one. Somehow it seems to sum up tele advertising in general. Pandering to the lowest intellectual level.
    To any advertising executive proclaiming victory because his product got a mention on DS, let me just add that I haven't a clue what it's actually advertising.

According to this week's Private Eye-
    1. The ASA banned it last week.
    2. The idea was stolen from Kmart with it's "ship your pants" punchline.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    That bloody Microsoft tablet advert.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't abide the Loyds TSB ad with what sounds like a 6 year old Scottish schoolgirl eagerly trying to please her elocution teacher. Twee, fey and awful.

Aaargh.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the Magnum ad the new Cadbury Flake ad.?:o
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everest Windows with that Irish guy lying about how the "sale" will end soon so "don't miss out"!
    He's been on the telly for years saying exactly the same thing, just like "Dreams" and their "on sale" bloody beds.
    The advertising laws in this country are a fekking joke...misinformation and sharp practice is just fine, apparently.
    >:(>:(>:(
  • steves lasssteves lass Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Paypal

WTF is an expiration date???

Surely it's an EXPIRY date!
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paypal

WTF is an expiration date???

Surely it's an EXPIRY date!

Hate that advert. The woman's weird accent annoys me the most. She also says "putting in your details is complicated". Well, it's not really, is it? I'm pretty sure a small child could cope with it.
  • yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    Natwest:

The one with the obnoxious kid who explains that his parents brought the house "So they could have me!" (Whispered in a way that just makes you want to slap him)
    Oh yes!!!! And 'They didn't like living with Nan and Granddad'.... No, Nan and Granddad didn't like it either!!!!
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yviebabe wrote: »
    Oh yes!!!! And 'They didn't like living with Nan and Granddad'.... No, Nan and Granddad didn't like it either!!!!

The flaw in that advert is if they REALLY didn't like living there, but they could afford a mortgage, why not rent somewhere in the meantime?

Besides, owning a home for young people like myself is just a fantasy.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    The flaw in that advert is if they REALLY didn't like living there, but they could afford a mortgage, why not rent somewhere in the meantime?

Besides, owning a home for young people like myself is just a fantasy.
    It always was difficult. To get our first in the 1960s with both of us in well-paid jobs, we lived with the in-laws for three years so we didn't have to pay rent, owned nothing except the clothes we wore, went out to the cinema once a week, otherwise stayed in either watching TV with the in-laws or in our room listening to the radio. No holidays, no car. Then, after three years, when we'd saved 15% of the cost of the house got a mortgage of three times husband's income only because that was all that was allowed and lived with donated furniture, mattress on the floor, no central heating, no carpets, did washing at the laundrette and gradually got the house in shape while we lived there. Took three another three years before we could afford children.

Can't see anyone doing that nowadays. Everyone then knew that's what you had to do to buy your own house. In equivalent terms, house prices rose at the same rate compared with incomes as they do today.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the overweight girl in the advert for the fridge with the ice maker realises how awful she looks in a blouse too small that's about to burst off it's buttons.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    It always was difficult. To get our first in the 1960s with both of us in well-paid jobs, we lived with the in-laws for three years so we didn't have to pay rent, owned nothing except the clothes we wore, went out to the cinema once a week, otherwise stayed in either watching TV with the in-laws or in our room listening to the radio. No holidays, no car. Then, after three years, when we'd saved 15% of the cost of the house got a mortgage of three times husband's income only because that was all that was allowed and lived with donated furniture, mattress on the floor, no central heating, no carpets, did washing at the laundrette and gradually got the house in shape while we lived there. Took three another three years before we could afford children. Can't see anyone doing that nowadays.

Once again, I totally agree with you (keep agreeing with your posts but think the reason is we are in the same age area but I'd never ask a Lady her age so that probably shows my age :D).
    However, I still think it's tough times for youngsters now to get on the property ladder.
    Forum Member
    conceptas wrote: »
    Once again, I totally agree with you (keep agreeing with your posts but think the reason is we are in the same age area but I'd never ask a Lady her age so that probably shows my age :D).
    However, I still think it's tough times for youngsters now to get on the property ladder.
    It was tough then, but the majority rented. It's only since Maggie Thatcher who wanted a nation of home owners that everyone has aspired to own their own homes, whether they can really afford it or not. In hindsight, I think I;d rent rather than buy and let someone else have the responsibility and expense of maintaining a structure.
  • Chunky-KitkatChunky-Kitkat Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Natwest:

The one with the obnoxious kid who explains that his parents brought the house "So they could have me!" (Whispered in a way that just makes you want to slap him)

Seconded!
This discussion has been closed.