Options

Benedict interview

kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
Forum Member
✭✭
Interesting, in-depth interview with Ben for an online radio show!

http://realpunkradio.com/podcast/bigbrothergossip/bbgossip17.mp3

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump!
  • Options
    NorfolkPoppyNorfolkPoppy Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member
    Nothing's happened so can't hear it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can take a while to start! If that fails try this page and click the highlighted 'HERE' half way down the page.
    http://www.bigbrothergossip.com/bbg/2012/7/2/big-brother-gossip-show-17-bbuks-benedict-garrett.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    If anyone does well out of the series, it is likely to be this guy. He interviews very well, is a good sport, and has no unrealistic expectations (and understandable disdain for those who do ...). The insights about Adam and the talks he has had with Benedict are very interesting, and make me feel that Adam has not recieved a very fair edit at all. I am glad that he seems to be gaining more prominence in recent days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update (this is a long interview) - Loved the insights on Luke S, especially when Benedict describes the effect of the scientist task, in which he got to observe Luke S's behaviour on the monitor. Just goes to show how the "God's Eye / Big Brother" view can bring out aspects of personality that don't seem so obvious in personal interaction.

No real surprise to hear his views on the Luke / Ashleigh showmance, though always nice to get confirmation. ;)
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone does well out of the series, it is likely to be this guy. He interviews very well, is a good sport, and has no unrealistic expectations (and understandable disdain for those who do ...). The insights about Adam and the talks he has had with Benedict are very interesting, and make me feel that Adam has not recieved a very fair edit at all. I am glad that he seems to be gaining more prominence in recent days.

Morning Anthony. :) Couldn't agree more with the first bit. Looking forward to hearing the things mentioned in the second bit. I'm listening to it now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Anthony. :) Couldn't agree more with the first bit. Looking forward to hearing the things mentioned in the second bit. I'm listening to it now...

It's worth the time. :) Conorgate gets a satisfying mention ...
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,485
    Forum Member
    I don't suppose anyone is willing to copy down a few of the more interesting parts, e.g what he thinks about Luke S/showmance and what he said about conor?

Can't listen to it at work (N)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone is willing to copy down a few of the more interesting parts, e.g what he thinks about Luke S/showmance and what he said about conor?

Can't listen to it at work (N)

At 1 hour 48 minutes it's going to be difficult to say which bits are the highlights. I'm not even 10 minutes in and it's all very good. Well worth waiting til you get home and listening to the entire thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's very explanatory. It's wonderful. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's talking about his first impressions of the HMs, particularly Ashleigh who's a stereotypical Essex girl (whereas his mother is from Essex and nothing like Ash). Sounds like he was frustrated from the get go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting revelation about Luke S's father. Spent a bit of time in prison apparently!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's talking about his respect for Adam. It's very heartening. :) He's so eloquent it would be unfair of me to try and paraphrase him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking about 'the shower incident', including his impersonation of Caroline. Very funny. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interview is 1hr 15 mins, but is great listening!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish all of the HMs were interviewed like this. Saying that, I don't think the likes of Ashleigh and Becky have more than 5 minutes of interesting discourse in them, and even that would be grating. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    Interview is 1hr 15 mins, but is great listening!

I'm 40mins in and enjoying every minute. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish all of the HMs were interviewed like this. Saying that, I don't think the likes of Ashleigh and Becky have more than 5 minutes of interesting discourse in them, and even that would be grating. :D

Oh dear:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His views on Lauren are fascinating. He's very magnanimous in defeat, having lost to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's talking about his respect for Adam. It's very heartening. :) He's so eloquent it would be unfair of me to try and paraphrase him.

I was very glad to finally get some real insights about Adam. It is a shame that the editors apparently considered endless noms talk to be more interesting than the conversations these two evidently shared ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very glad to finally get some real insights about Adam. It is a shame that the editors apparently considered endless noms talk to be more interesting than the conversations these two evidently shared ...

It's nothing that I didn't intuit already from what we did see, to be fair. The only real revelation so far is that he (Benedict) cried on a number of occasions. It's just good to have my own thoughts confirmed I guess. I'm almost 1hr in, so he may have something more to say about Adam?
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you like this interview have a listen to their interviews with Tom and Harry as well, the interviews are excellent, really in depth and asking the Q's fans really want answered. Tom and Harry gave us lots of insights into last years BB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's interesting what he's saying about Adam and his helping young kids with drug problems, and that a win for Adam would send a clear message about his values. S'all good. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    If you like this interview have a listen to their interviews with Tom and Harry as well, the interviews are excellent, really in depth and asking the Q's fans really want answered. Tom and Harry gave us lots of insights into last years BB.

Please post the link to Harry's interview. I thought he was fantastic. (In case I didn't make that clear last year! :p) Tom can go f*ck himself, babs. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the scientist task Luke S asked Benedict, "Do I look really muscly on the telly?" :D Benedict told him he looks really skinny. :p