Options

Nancy-dexter-Tanwar love triangle- urrrggh

boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry the Nancy-Dexter-Tanwar love triangle is pathetic & a waste of the talents of Maddy Hill, who deserves better.
It smacks of giving the 2 male characters something to do. I think that the Tanwar character has more time to run (although not with nancy, they're not a v believable couple In my opinion) but Dexter has no purpose, is not a popular character & has no real place left on the show. The problem is TPTB have put themselves into a corner by raising the possibility of a Dexter-Nancy romance before he was suspended so now feel the need to run with it.
I get that a young, urban black guy (or several) is needed to ensure EE reflects contemporary London, but can't Dexter be trashed, and replaced with another young black male character??

I could see a young entrepreneur type, looks smart, bit stylish who could enter the square & eventually be paired with Nancy at a later date.

Tanwar & nancy don't work as he needs someone more geeky. I mean, she is geeky in her own way, but there's something about the 2 of them that just doesn't seem authentic. Couldn't imagine 2 people like that being a couple in real life.

Your thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Nancy and Tamwar are lovely together and have been great, Tamwar is rather jealous.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamwar has NOT had an opportunity to explore his scars (physical and mental) since the fire at the Masoods and his wife departing.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tamwars NEEDS afia back
    Fatboy needs mercy
    Whitney needs tyler
    Dexter mends ronnie to smash his head in a boot and crush his body in a cat she scraps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Tamwar has had an opportunity to explore his scars (physical and mental) since the fire at the Masoods and his wife departing.

Tanwar still has family on the square, and there are new stories upcoming with them. Tanwar works on the market, he works with Alecs, seems well integrated into the younger set & is widely known around the square, being on friendly terms with nearly everyone.
    Dexter just seems tacked on.

Can't explain why I don't think Nancy & Tanwar are a good pairing. I simply see him as suited to more of a geeky, emo type girl, and Nancy is more of a hip hop trendy girl. Not that music is of great importance but in real life I think these 2 would have different interests & would mix in different circles.
    Add to this the distinct lack of chemistry with EITHER of the actors (although I'd believe Nancy &Dexter a little more) & the whole sl seems lame.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanwar :D

I don't like Dexter and Nancy together at all, but I find Nancy and Tamwar together quite good as they're completely opposite to each other
  • Options
    James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I'm all for Nancy and Tamwar. That annoying twit Dexter only wants to get into her knickers. Did anyone see the look on his face when Mick told him to go? He was so annoyed he didn't get his leg over.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I'm one of the few that likes Dexter but still prefer Nancy with Tamwar. I think they're very well suited in that they are both more introverts than extroverts and both give the impression of having some intellect and of course both being family orientated. As for the obvious differences, this should give Nancy something interesting to work with. Everyone seems to think Nancy is such a good actress so this could be an opportunity for her to show that.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It because TPTB cannot think of any storyline for a young woman other than one involving a man (Dexter and Tamwar being 'men' in the loosest possible sense of the word).

Even one with a much potential as Nancy. :(

Just why are Tamwar and Dexter still in the cast- can anybody tell me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm one of the few that likes Dexter but still prefer Nancy with Tamwar. I think they're very well suited in that they are both more introverts than extroverts and both give the impression of having some intellect and of course both being family orientated. As for the obvious differences, this should give Nancy something interesting to work with. Everyone seems to think Nancy is such a good actress so this could be an opportunity for her to show that.

It'd be amazing if she decided to convert to Islam. But I think that'd be quite a sensitive sl in today's political climate.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Tamwars NEEDS afia back
    Fatboy needs mercy
    Whitney needs tyler
    Dexter mends ronnie to smash his head in a boot and crush his body in a cat she scraps

:D:D:D
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    It'd be amazing if she decided to convert to Islam. But I think that'd be quite a sensitive sl in today's political climate.

Surely Ajay's wife must have converted?
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Nancy likes black guys
  • Options
    Forum Member

Definitely. Like I said people think she has depth so this could be a great opportunity. Surely something like this would be a positive in the current political climate.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Nancy is a very likeable character but i think people are overrating the potential of the actress. From what I saw in her scene with lauren when she had to do a bit more than be cute and cheerful she wasnt very good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    masterquan wrote: »
    Nancy is a very likeable character but i think people are overrating the potential of the actress. From what I saw in her scene with lauren when she had to do a bit more than be cute and cheerful she wasnt very good

I agree. I've not seen any indication from her that she has any great abilities, in fact far from it but I keep reading on here that people think she does so at least an interesting story might demonstrate this for us.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry the Nancy-Dexter-Tanwar love triangle is pathetic & a waste of the talents of Maddy Hill, who deserves better.
    It smacks of giving the 2 male characters something to do. I think that the Tanwar character has more time to run (although not with nancy, they're not a v believable couple In my opinion) but Dexter has no purpose, is not a popular character & has no real place left on the show. The problem is TPTB have put themselves into a corner by raising the possibility of a Dexter-Nancy romance before he was suspended so now feel the need to run with it.
    I get that a young, urban black guy (or several) is needed to ensure EE reflects contemporary London, but can't Dexter be trashed, and replaced with another young black male character??

I could see a young entrepreneur type, looks smart, bit stylish who could enter the square & eventually be paired with Nancy at a later date.

Tanwar & nancy don't work as he needs someone more geeky. I mean, she is geeky in her own way, but there's something about the 2 of them that just doesn't seem authentic. Couldn't imagine 2 people like that being a couple in real life.

Your thoughts??

When was there ever a triangle? Nancy has nevey showed a intrest in Tam that way neither has he her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm all for Nancy and Tamwar. That annoying twit Dexter only wants to get into her knickers. Did anyone see the look on his face when Mick told him to go? He was so annoyed he didn't get his leg over.

What rubbis. He was physically assulted by her mother. Which is clearly why he was upset at being asked to go he done nothing wrong. If he wanted to sleep wuth Nancy so bad then he would not be doing it in the pub.
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Surely Ajay's wife must have converted?

Nopw Aj Stopped follwing his faith and lives like a westerner.
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your thoughts??

This is what I've been saying for a recast Jordan Johnson! A young entrepreneur, shadowing a young Ian Beale, re introduced after the 30th anniversary. Causes upset for Ben, possible history with Nancy or Dexter, rekindles the brief romance shared with Abi, some relation for Denise/Patrick tie in with possible Chelsea return.

Tamwar needs Afia!! The Masoods desperately need a storyline. Nancy and Tamwar strike great friendship, but that's all for me Tamwar is out of his depth with Nancy. It's just disappointing that Khali s suspension came just as Dexter and Nancy were getting closer. But I still feel Dexter deserves a place in the show, I'm hoping TPTB treat Dexter and Nancy relationship well and not too rushed.
    Definitely. Like I said people think she has depth so this could be a great opportunity. Surely something like this would be a positive in the current political climate.

Nancy needs a storyline for herself at some point next year, she's been great in others but deserves more screen time in 2015.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    It because TPTB cannot think of any storyline for a young woman other than one involving a man (Dexter and Tamwar being 'men' in the loosest possible sense of the word).

Even one with a much potential as Nancy. :(

Just why are Tamwar and Dexter still in the cast- can anybody tell me?

:D I know! Why exactly do they keep foisting Dexter on us? ( I quite like Tanwar). He is awful. Nancy deserves so much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was there ever a triangle? Nancy has nevey showed a intrest in Tam that way neither has he her.

They've bonded & i think it's obvious he's interested. He's not made a move because he's shy plus also Dexter is onto her & he isn't confident to challenge another guy for a girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    . . . . .

Nancy needs a storyline for herself at some point next year, she's been great in others but deserves more screen time in 2015.

All story lines involve others. Perhaps developing a relationship with Tamwar and all that might entail could be her story line
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I've been saying for a recast Jordan Johnson! A young entrepreneur, shadowing a young Ian Beale, re introduced after the 30th anniversary. Causes upset for Ben, possible history with Nancy or Dexter, rekindles the brief romance shared with Abi, some relation for Denise/Patrick tie in with possible Chelsea return.

Tamwar needs Afia!! The Masoods desperately need a storyline. Nancy and Tamwar strike great friendship, but that's all for me Tamwar is out of his depth with Nancy. It's just disappointing that Khali s suspension came just as Dexter and Nancy were getting closer. But I still feel Dexter deserves a place in the show, I'm hoping TPTB treat Dexter and Nancy relationship well and not too rushed.

All god points. I agree Nancy needs a story since they seem to have dropped thr Seziure one.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member

You're basically saying that DTC shouldn't give Tamwar and Dexter the time of day, which is fairly harsh. They are characters on a soap opera and if you'd rather them be ignored, why bother?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Nancy. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    You're basically saying that DTC shouldn't give Tamwar and Dexter the time of day, which is fairly harsh. They are characters on a soap opera and if you'd rather them be ignored, why bother?

I would enjoy a Nancy and Tamwar pairing and think there would be lots to explore there but the intense and irrational take against Dexter on here and the very unwarranted bigging up of Nancy makes me really want her and Dexter to pair up :D I think they'd make a great couple. Nancy would be punching above her weight of course but then that would make it an interesting story line for her and everyone seems to think she needs a story line :cool: