Fearne's Maternity

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
Am I alone in not being able to wait for Fearne's maternity leave to start?

Comments

• thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    not at all. I cannae wait for Miss Cox to get on the airwaves. so run along Fearn, Sara's Back! And personally i hope she never returns, i think it was a crime to give her Jo Whileys old slot. But i cant stand teh woman so im bound to be biased. :D
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    What a pleasant pair you two are...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I dont mind TV Fearne, radio Fearne I am not so keen on. I did feel very sorry for her today.
  • p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    I have to admit I let out an involuntary cheer when I heard her last show was coming up. :o However, I'm just over the target audience, so what I think doesn't really matter any more.

Fearne's a decent presenter, nowhere near as bad as many people on here make out, and ideal for the audience. She is a little bit too desperate to be cool at times, and works better when she's got a co-presenter (her and Moyles worked together really well during the marathon and that wasn't a given - Greg James struggled on the first day), but she's fine.

It'll be nice to have Sara Cox on for a victory lap before she presumably leaves Radio 1 for Radio 2 afterwards. She's matured into a highly entertaining presenter after an ultimately disastrous breakfast stint. However there is a slight issue with Grimshaw being on before her, given his act, accent and everything else is very similar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I love Sara and I will be sorry to see her go after this. I am glad she got this and Moyles ( if rumour is true) refused