How much does Flavia hate Anton?

2»

Comments

• jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    How much does Flavia hate Anton?? Not at all!!

They are professionals who have worked together for a number of years, and not just on SCD.

Still one of the best segments of the week.
    JJ
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I agree with everyone else who says that this is the best segment of the week... and I particularly enjoyed the demonstration of the fleckl. I think Anton and Flavia get on quite well because otherwise they wouldnt agree to do this segment together, however I do agree that Anton seems to get to the point where he can't help himself sometimes and shoots his mouth off when Flavia is speaking.

Perhaps Claudia can remind him for next week that he does need to let his companion speak. I noticed that Anton is actually the same on all his programmes. Although I havent seen many, he did start to talk over the chefs one day on that cooking programme which really irritated me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    I like the segment and think Flavia and Anton get on quite well.

I don't think Anton spoke over Flavia as much this week, I don't think he means it in a rude way and Flavia probably knows its just his nature. I think they work well together though and love them on ITT.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton is doing it to everybody. The last time it was Craig, yesterday it was Flavia. And even if he does not mean it in a rude way, it still is. And he talks before he thinks and often gets stuck, but he just keeps uttering sounds, rather than letting somebody else talk instead :eek: :D
  • water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Flavia hates Anton at all. I think that's a bit strong. I just think he is extremely enthusiastic about the dance and wants to make sure he gets all his points across. I don't think he means to talk over Flavia at all. The best part of the show is when the pros talk about the dance routines, they should have more of this and less of the other rubbish e.g "Ask Len":(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Anton is doing it to everybody. The last time it was Craig, yesterday it was Flavia. And even if he does not mean it in a rude way, it still is. And he talks before he thinks and often gets stuck, but he just keeps uttering sounds, rather than letting somebody else talk instead :eek: :D

It's true - quite often he interrupts people and then thinks of something to say.

I do think they should have more of the pros on ITT, but maybe less Anton? ;)
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anton became popular as 'the gentleman' and for his humour. He may be trying to develop a career as a presenter now.
    I found Flavia's choreography with Matt to be innovative, risky and exciting. I didn't think the same of Anton's, but in mitigation, he has had a lot of duff partners.
    I would prefer to hear Flavia's opinion on choreography, as I think she has a better insight into it, and I'd rather see Anton doing comedy items.
    I think he interrupts Flavia because she is too polite to keep talking and make it obvious that he is interrupting. If she did that a couple of times, he'd behave himself, rather than look bad.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    LOL! Last week some people on the ITT thread thought Anton was talking too much and others thought Flavia was talking too much! :D

Tonight I really didn't notice one talking more than other, but I did notice that Anton couldn't remember Rachel's name for a moment! :D

That alone must make him a frontrunner as Bruce's replacement :D.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she hates him but he's been rude about Matt DA on a few occasions (one of which was not just him being 'tongue in cheek') which probably hasn't greatly endeared him to her.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Talking over fellow guests is nothing new.
    Anton is but Karen in trousers.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anton is basically just a very irritating person who loves the sound of his own voice and doesn't have the sense to know when to shut up! Don't think that makes anyone actually hate him, but certainly it can make people feel they want to gag him!