Options

Doc Martin (Part 7 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Hi, all. Dropping in again. I check in from time to time and of course, have been reading madmother's fan fic. She is wonderful. I'll have to check out the others. Hope you all are having a nice December.:):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Littleguinea came up with a rather brilliant idea for a Christmas Special DM story which she asked me to co-write with her. So we put our heads together and came up with a predictably slushy Christmas Story that we could write in collaboration. We’ve set up a joint account on FF.net and we will be known as GuineaGriff for any stories that we write together.

We hope that you enjoy this story and you never know, there may be a follow up, so subscribe to GuineaGriff to make sure you don't miss out!

Very entertaining. :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vfitz911 wrote: »
    Hi, all. Dropping in again. I check in from time to time and of course, have been reading madmother's fan fic. She is wonderful. I'll have to check out the others. Hope you all are having a nice December.:):)

Thanks. :o:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    Very entertaining. :):):)

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love your latest vid LG - the ultimate slushy, romantic song to portray the inner Martin that we know exists ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love your latest vid LG - the ultimate slushy, romantic song to portray the inner Martin that we know exists ;)

Thanks to you for the song suggestion. It turned out to be just a quickie really but not too bad in the end. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a293759/roy-croppers-mum-cast-in-corrie.html

...and here:

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/roysmumcast/

It probably means nothing in terms of DM Series 5, but Corrie is shown a couple of times a week in the UK for much of the year and that means a fairly full shooting schedule. Of course, her character may not appear in every episode.

It's also interesting to note that Stephanie Cole is NOT mentioned as a 'regular' on the front page of the DM store:

http://www.docmartinstore.co.uk/index.php

Ditto for Katherine Parkinson.

Probably all just coincidence, as I really can't imagine DM without Aunt Joan, or Pauline for that matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lambs wrote: »
    See here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a293759/roy-croppers-mum-cast-in-corrie.html

...and here:

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/roysmumcast/

It probably means nothing in terms of DM Series 5, but Corrie is shown a couple of times a week in the UK for much of the year and that means a fairly full shooting schedule. Of course, her character may not appear in every episode.

It's also interesting to note that Stephanie Cole is NOT mentioned as a 'regular' on the front page of the DM store:

http://www.docmartinstore.co.uk/index.php

Ditto for Katherine Parkinson.

Probably all just coincidence, as I really can't imagine DM without Aunt Joan, or Pauline for that matter.

Well that seals it doesn't it - she will be filming in Manchester from March. There is no way she is going to have time for DM with that sort of schedule as she is such a major character for DM. I wonder if she will take pity on us and work the weekends on the DM script for her bits :o

Fancy losing 2 of the lead characters all at once - bloody hell I bet the scriptwriters are pulling their hair out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, such a shame to lose Aunty Joan, she's such a big part in Martin's life :( But I do watch Coronation Street occasionally so I'll definitely be checking in on her! Good thing they're keeping Bert though, I think one of the great things about DM is that they have every generation represented, even though IMN is a bit younger :)

ETA: If Aunty Joan goes, they might need a new dog too, unless someone else takes care of Buddy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really disappointed that Stephanie Cole might not play such a big part (if any!) in the next series of DM. Like Sen says, she's been a big part in Martin's life and I always loved their scenes together. I hope she is in it at some point :cry:
  • Options
    kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie episodes are recorded several weeks in advance of transmission, so if Stephanie's first appearance in the show is in March, I would imagine those episodes will have been recorded in Jan or early Feb.
    After that, whether or not she appears at all in the new series of DM will depend on how big her storyline is in Coronation Street.
    Let's hope like Joe Absolom in a previous series, they find some excuse for her being absent for the first few episodes and she is able to return for the latter stages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    There's a new DM FF titled 'The Long Way,' by Bodmin. It's from Martin's POV and very good. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kernow19 wrote: »
    Corrie episodes are recorded several weeks in advance of transmission, so if Stephanie's first appearance in the show is in March, I would imagine those episodes will have been recorded in Jan or early Feb.
    After that, whether or not she appears at all in the new series of DM will depend on how big her storyline is in Coronation Street.
    Let's hope like Joe Absolom in a previous series, they find some excuse for her being absent for the first few episodes and she is able to return for the latter stages.

Perhaps she could sell the farm and go on a world cruise . :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    I am SO excited that Stephanie Cole has joined Corrie - genius casting!!

Just hope she still does DM S5...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portwenn59 wrote: »
    There's a new DM FF titled 'The Long Way,' by Bodmin. It's from Martin's POV and very good. :)

Yes, very good. Is it someone we know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, very good. Is it someone we know?

I don't know:confused: They did a very good job with the English language for not being a native speaker. I'm looking forward to more chapters.:)
  • Options
    Mutley8Mutley8 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Fancy losing 2 of the lead characters all at once - bloody hell I bet the scriptwriters are pulling their hair out[/QUOTE]

On the contrary. I think it will give the writers the opportunity to come up with new and varying sub plots for the series.
    For example how DM copes with the lost of his “defacto” mother figure in Aunty Joan. :o:cry:
    You also have the story line of what happens to AJ and the farm. Will DM have to work it? Can just see him in overalls and gumboots…..hmmm:o:rolleyes::eek:
    Then the writer s have the opportunity for Al to gain a new girl friend every other week. (That could make for some very interesting stories)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know:confused: They did a very good job with the English language for not being a native speaker. I'm looking forward to more chapters.:)

Yes, you could only tell by the turn of phrase in a couple of places. Hopefully, they'll update soon. :)
    btw I'm snowed in so I should be able to finish my next chapter today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was really good, they had Martin thinking from some interesting new angles :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    That was really good, they had Martin thinking from some interesting new angles :)

Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed it too :)
  • Options
    ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin will be on the ITV1 show 'This Morning' at 10:30 AM on Thursday, December 23rd. He'll be discussing his 'Man to Manta' program.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    Martin will be on the ITV1 show 'This Morning' at 10:30 AM on Thursday, December 23rd. He'll be discussing his 'Man to Manta' program.

Thanks, Connie. :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chapter 25 of Rocky Road is now loading.

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chapter 25 of Rocky Road is now loading.

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!

Being snowed in does have advantages-we get another chapter of great DM fiction!:D The scriptwriters for the real DM are going to have to be brilliant in order to keep up with the authors on FF.:D
This discussion has been closed.