Options

I'd Rather Use a CRT TV For Standard Definition TV Viewing - What Are Your Thoughts?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeterB wrote: »
    The 2011 Sony Bravia range with Freeview HD tuners are the first LCDs I have seen producing a good SD picture.

Many small screen LCDs have a rubbish SD picture compared with CRTs.

The picture quality on my Sharp Aquos LCD TV easily surpasses the 2005 Philips IDTV I have in the lounge - no noise/cross talk on SCART input, red's aren't overly bright, the picture holds its shape, text on the news channels is noticeably clearer.

Neither set can have anything placed on top of them (the Philips has a sloping lid) and the sound is actually better on the LCD - Since replacing my bedroom set with the Sharp I find I'm only using the AV Amp for films as the sound is good enough for everything else.
  • Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    D.Page wrote: »
    Whenever I make a serious error like the one you made, I always make a point of replying directly to the person to acknowledge my mistake, as I feel that this is the decent thing to do.

I replied back to you directly when I saw the error you made and realised that you had not even bothered to post something directly back to me, along the lines of "OK, I stand corrected" or "My mistake" or something like that (It's hardly grovelling, is it).
    It was a serious error on your part and I deserved better than to receive nothing back directly from you. As you obviously don't have that kind of decency, shall we just move on.

I suppose the "your thread" comment is referring to my earlier post about wishing the thread to return to a sensible discussion, and taking it upon myself, as the OP, to be the one who asks this of everybody. Did it not work straight away, then (for the benefit of everyone)? Did I get any backlash about it? No.
    If you write your comments in a respectful way, you generally get respect back.
    To keep the thread on topic I've sent you a PM.