‘Katie Price demeans marriage more than gay marriage ever could’

Comments

• soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All part of the KP career cycle to keep her in the public eye.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had lots of money and is very famous. Sadly young girls are growing up in a culture where we are told this is all that matters :(

Growing up surrounded by none entities and rubbish TV, TOWIE is full of people who no one should aspire to become, but their friends watch it, so even the kids with intelligence watch it, soon the whole country will be full of plastic young ladies with fake hair and boobs, there is no stopping it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Growing up surrounded by none entities and rubbish TV, TOWIE is full of people who no one should aspire to become, but their friends watch it, so even the kids with intelligence watch it, soon the whole country will be full of plastic young ladies with fake hair and boobs, there is no stopping it

If I ever have a daughter I'm banning her from watching tv. The only friend she will be allowed is a library card
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    So if that's the case, why does the Church spend so much time opposing gay marriage :confused:

To repeat my post ^
    Give it time.

They'll have no alternative in the future but to go along with the idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    If you're shorter than 5 ft 5 you have to look up to her

I'm 5 ft 2...bugger. :o:p
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Black Sky wrote: »
    Katie Price is a joke in every way. I want to cry at the thought of any women or young girls looking up to her in any way.
    This ^.
    I never did understand why that vicar chap allowed her a blessing of her marriage to Alex to take place in his church. I doubt she ever set foot in it other than to look round & then drone " yeah....this'll do..." when looking for venues.Still,I daresay the church fund got a nice boost ,so whatever.
    Anyway ,it isn't about marriage & commitment with her. It's about having parties & dressing up,selling the rights to pics etc & trying to find another Petey:D.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of rubbish. How can Katie Price's string of marriages 'demean' anyone else's? If you eat a plate of cold s--t for dinner, have you 'demeaned' dinner for anyone other than yourself? This idea that marriage is a 'sacred institution' is absolutely ridiculous. Divorce is rampant, people can marry for virtually any reason they choose (unless they're gay - don't go getting any of your gay on our precious institution!) wedding vows are meaningless because they can be reneged on with relative ease. Beyond the societal/economic benefits of being recognised as a married couple, the whole thing is basically meaningless anyway. Standing in a church and reciting some bronze age nonsense doesn't imbue your relationship with some kind of magical power or the blessing of some terminally misguided deity who has a personal stake in your love life. It's 2013, can we all please grow up?

And the idea that what some perma-tanned balloon-titted oompa-loompa drag queen hosebag skidmark on the gusset of showbusiness should have any impact on how we regard OUR relationships and society is absolutely insane.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish. How can Katie Price's string of marriages 'demean' anyone else's? If you eat a plate of cold s--t for dinner, have you 'demeaned' dinner for anyone other than yourself? This idea that marriage is a 'sacred institution' is absolutely ridiculous. Divorce is rampant, people can marry for virtually any reason they choose (unless they're gay - don't go getting any of your gay on our precious institution!) wedding vows are meaningless because they can be reneged on with relative ease. Beyond the societal/economic benefits of being recognised as a married couple, the whole thing is basically meaningless anyway. Standing in a church and reciting some bronze age nonsense doesn't imbue your relationship with some kind of magical power or the blessing of some terminally misguided deity who has a personal stake in your love life. It's 2013, can we all please grow up?

And the idea that what some perma-tanned balloon-titted oompa-loompa drag queen hosebag skidmark on the gusset of showbusiness should have any impact on how we regard OUR relationships and society is absolutely insane.

I think I love you elnombre.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Brilliant :D:D:D
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely agree. Post of the thread. Clapping smilie.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*Applause*

And I may have to steal your 'gusset of showbusiness'. :D:cool:
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    “On Good Friday the topless model Jordan, aka Katie Price, married again. It is the third or fourth time she has married. This time she has married a part-time stripper who she apparently knew for six weeks before they got engaged.

“It is slightly tricky counting Ms Price’s marriages because each one includes a lot of mini-‘marriages’ – restating of vows, re-marrying, doing it again for the cameras and so on.”

Murray concludes his point by saying: “If the people who object to civil gay marriage really are concerned about the undermining of the sanctity of marriage would they not be better exercised by railing against Willy Wonka themed weddings of celebrities cashing in on magazine deals for the umpteenth time?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/04/03/spectator-columnist-katie-price-demeans-marriage-more-than-gay-marriage-ever-could/

Good point?

Yes.

A very good point.

It's absurd that straight people can get married for the purposes of selling supermarket magazines and on drunken whims, while gay people getting married requires a "national debate", Parliamentary hand-wringing, spiritual schisms and moralising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

A very good point.

It's absurd that straight people can get married for the purposes of selling supermarket magazines and on drunken whims, while gay people getting married requires a "national debate", Parliamentary hand-wringing, spiritual schisms and moralising.

Are you sure about that?:confused:
    Can't say I've particularly noticed.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Possibly the best DS post ever :D
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    So if that's the case, why does the Church spend so much time opposing gay marriage :confused:

'Cause they haven't got much else to moan about, love :D
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

They're simply saying it makes get married look like it has no value, but to many people it really does. They have a point.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Are you sure about that?:confused:
    Can't say I've particularly noticed.

Yep, it's all happened. Religious institutions stick their oars in. Politicians talk about "debates" (which gay marriage opponents have already lost in reality). All to give gay people the right to do what many straight couples treat as a seeming triviality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, it's all happened. Religious institutions stick their oars in. Politicians talk about "debates" (which gay marriage opponents have already lost in reality). All to give gay people the right to do what many straight couples treat as a seeming triviality.

Its strange to think of so many people getting worked up over it, since many probably don't really care. I think gay marriage is becoming very much like a modern day version of mixed race marriage, give it a few more years and we will be amazed anyone was against it
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its strange to think of so many people getting worked up over it, since many probably don't really care. I think gay marriage is becoming very much like a modern day version of mixed race marriage, give it a few more years and we will be amazed anyone was against it

I agree.

After all, only 20 odd years ago there were no women priests. The church's recognition of gay marriage will happen eventually I'm sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.

After all, only 20 odd years ago there were no women priests. The church's recognition of gay marriage will happen eventually I'm sure.

I'm an optimist, I always believe equality will win out in the end
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    They're simply saying it makes get married look like it has no value, but to many people it really does. They have a point.

To Katie Price it clearly does have no value. To you, it has value. My point is that I don't see how the one thing affects the other.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D
    I have nothing more to offer than my heartfelt admiration and complete agreement.
    Lexi may well have to relinquish her POTY awardage just for this post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really does. she doesn't know the meaning of the vows she takes.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Very true.