Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could see a return to the 4-5-1 tonight, so Defoe might be happier with that.

Reading, Liverpool and West Brom to all win or draw tonight please, with us taking all 3 points. Thankyou Thor :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Bale, Dempsey, Defoe.

Subs: Friedel, Gallas, Naughton, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Livermore, Caulker.

Norwich: Bunn, Martin, Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington, Hoolahan, Holt.

Subs: Camp, Whittaker, Howson, Jackson, Fox, Elliott Bennett, Ryan Bennett.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprises then in the starting line-up really. I suspect AVB will want to blood Holtby and give Gallas a run out later in the game if we doing well.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to see him. Fans of certain other clubs seem to think he's over-rated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Can't wait to see him. Fans of certain other clubs seem to think he's over-rated.
    I suspect it will take Holtby a few games to aclimatise to the Premiership.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if we're going to get anything out of this game, it'll depend on whether or not Norwich can keep up the pace they've started at.

They seem to be set up to defend deep then all charge forward whenever they get an opening, so I'd expect them to tire later in the game. Probably helps that they're playing with the wind as well.

Hopefully we'll sort this out in the 2nd half .. hopefully ..
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hoped that the Leeds game was just a one off bad day at the office but judging by that first half perhaps it is the absence of Sandro that has upset the balance of the team... Fingers crossed that AVB can sort things out at half time as Everton are now within a goal of taking 4th spot from us!

At least the beast appears to be in good spirits considering!

Twitter / sandroraniere: My stitches are out!! Lets go! pic.twitter.com/u0BxIapP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no small coincidence with Sandro being out I guess. You'd expect Parker to fill the role like for like almost, but then I guess Sandro's distribution is a lot quicker which helps.

here we go .. fingers crossed .. hopefully Holtby can come on later with a big of magic ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was hughton's half time team talk just "right, everyone behind the ball . all ten of you .." ?

about time dempsey is off .. another anonymous game ..
  • SuperSpursSuperSpurs Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get iiiiin Bale!

Can't wait to see that one tonight.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Same Old Spurs

Losing Ground

We Can't Beat Leeds Or Norwich We Won't Beat West Brom.

Isnt There A Transfer Window Happening

We Need A Striker!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great goal by Bale, Carrow Road proving to be a happy hunting ground again!

Holtby has already shown more ability in 10mins that Dempsey showed in 70!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And a yellow card for his first foul too!

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time running out :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperSpurs wrote: »
    And a yellow card for his first foul too!

:D

At least we have a worthy successor to VdV now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »
    Holtby has already shown more ability in 10mins that Dempsey showed in 70!

Spot on. I'd be half inclined to start him next game just to see how he goes - Dempsey, despite his goals, just isn't cutting it and we can't keep carrying him.

I'm relieved we salvaged something out of the game anyway, but watching Norwich reminded me of everything I used to hate about watching Leicester when we played them. Bale's run before his goal summed it up well .. the first Norwich player to get near him tried to take him out.

Defoe looked quite nippy considering he's supposed to be carrying an injury, but I still think he needs a bit of form back.

I honestly don't think we'll be bringing anyone else in tomorrow though. I think the only business we'll be doing is players leaving on loan or sold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Everton won...the other scores are okay especially since we didn't get the win.

Arsenal dropped points, looks like Chelsea will too.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    Dear AVB,

Holtby in for Dempsey from now on please.

Kind Regards,

Pee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on. I'd be half inclined to start him next game just to see how he goes - Dempsey, despite his goals, just isn't cutting it and we can't keep carrying him.

I'm relieved we salvaged something out of the game anyway, but watching Norwich reminded me of everything I used to hate about watching Leicester when we played them. Bale's run before his goal summed it up well .. the first Norwich player to get near him tried to take him out.

Defoe looked quite nippy considering he's supposed to be carrying an injury, but I still think he needs a bit of form back.

I honestly don't think we'll be bringing anyone else in tomorrow though. I think the only business we'll be doing is players leaving on loan or sold.

Holtby' cameo was one of the few pluses out of today' game, reminded me of VdV with his tenacity and creativity. Perhaps done enough to warrant a start ahead of Parker (wish he'd cut out those pointless pirouettes!) or Dempsey against WBA despite AVB tending to slowly introduce players into the team.

Defoe looks out of sorts and needs a rest but unfortunately we haven't got any other senior strikers available. Fingers crossed that Levy will pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow...
    Forum Member
    Parker is definitely a downgrade from Sandro. sure, he runs around throwing himself into absolutely everything, and fans love that, but he slows everything down whenever he gets on the ball, and offers absolutely nothing going forward. he really is an average player.

Holtby has to start over Dempsey though, and I think AVB knows it, judging by his quote after the game
    Lewis Holtby made a difference, it is a major coup for us and he gave us something in between the lines to connect our team

which is what we've been lacking all season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm not hopeful of us signing a striker either, unless Levy has been working on the QT for a change. Plenty of rumours but nothing substantial to say we are actually talking to anyone.

A striker has to be the no.1 pirority now that we have Holtby to do what Siggy and Dempsey couldn't. 4th spot is going to be difficult to hold onto, if we struggle to score more than one goal in a game.

If Defoe is not given rest then there is the risk that he will break down completely and then be out for a few months at least.
    Forum Member
    just found these on Twitter:
    @OptaJoe: 26 - Lewis Holtby had more touches (26) in 19 minutes vs Norwich than Jermain Defoe (25) did in the whole match. Involved.

@SpursStatMan: Lewis Holtby made 26 touches in 19 minutes vs Norwich, Dempsey only made 36 in 71 minutes.

@WindyCOYS: Dempsey made 24 passes (83% completion) in 71 minutes. Holtby made 24 (@ 79%) in 22. Incredible difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    No, I'm not hopeful of us signing a striker either, unless Levy has been working on the QT for a change. Plenty of rumours but nothing substantial to say we are actually talking to anyone.

A striker has to be the no.1 pirority now that we have Holtby to do what Siggy and Dempsey couldn't. 4th spot is going to be difficult to hold onto, if we struggle to score more than one goal in a game.

If Defoe is not given rest then there is the risk that he will break down completely and then be out for a few months at least.

Fingers crossed Spurs can pull off another transfer coup on the scale of VdV or Klinsmann and avoid a last minute desperation signing of the calibre of Rasiak :o
    Pee wrote: »
    just found these on Twitter:

Those stats certainly emphasise what we saw on the pitch tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »

That's a big concern as well. If it happens, we'd be saddled with Adebayor as the sole experienced striker for the remainder of the season and that will not be a good thing, especially if you see this from SSN

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8456952/

There's another story about the rumoured swap involving Benni as well ..

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/30/tottenham-consider-swapping-benoit-assou-ekotto-for-inter-milans-alvaro-pereira-3375372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently AVB confirmed in his post match interview that Huddlestone has been given permission to talk to Fulham.

And there's this ..

Harry Redknapp has made a shock swoop for David Bentley

Who wants to drive Bentley to Loftus Road then ? :D
This discussion has been closed.