Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot - What Have We Become

OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apparently it's #2 in the album Midweek charts so I thought i'd make a topic on it.

I've not really delved much into The Beautiful South back catalagoue but they were definitly more successful when Jacqui Abbot was in the band so I was curious about the album and after hearing some of the tracks I think I might just buy it. 'DIY' is a great lead single and sounds something from 'TBS' as is 'Moulding Of A Fool' and 'One Man's England'.

Anyone else have it. She has such a good voice, and looks really good these days, I'd hardly recognise it's the same person who in the 'Perfect 10' and ''Don't Marry Her' videos.

Comments

• crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is fantastic, I highly recommend it, well written and delivered songs! Jacqui and Paul are equally strong on this. Glad to see a quality album have success.

My initial faves:
    - I Am Not a Muse
    - One Man's England
    - The Snowman
    - What Have We Become
    - When I Get Back To Blighty
    - D.I.Y.
    - Costa Del Sombre
    - My Own Mother's Son
    - When It Was Ours
    - If He Don't
    - Advice To Daughters
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have the album yet but I'm going to see them in Bristol on Sunday and can't wait! I've always loved The Beautiful South and think they're one of the UK's most underated bands ever!
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think 'One Mans England' is my favourite track at the minute.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this album, mainly because it's nice to hear Jacqui again. Her voice is one of my favourite female vocals ever.

D.I.Y is brilliant!
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't call myself a massive Beautiful South fan (i know the hits), but I recognised the singer on DIY the moment I first heard it! Very distinctive voice.

I also added it straight to my Spotify playlist. Such a fantastic little song!
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always try to see Paul Heaton live when he is in Birmingham.

Does anyone know who the support act is on the tour?
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still love this album. Anyone know where I can get the radio edit of 'Moulding Of A Fool' that was played on Radio Two as it is slightly different to the album version as it has Jacqui featuring more on lead vocals? I know the single hasn't been officially released yet and it is currently 'coming soon' on the release schedule but maybe they'll just pull the single.