Options

Katy Brand show

maseymaymaseymay Posts: 662
Forum Member
✭✭
Why would anyone want to watch this fat, ugly , unfunny talentless heap of shite :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maseymay wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to watch this fat, ugly , unfunny talentless heap of shite :confused:

I watched the show and I loved it. :p:p:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i quite liked it... i loved her army spoof! and she didnt play on being fat too much... which i thought she would looking at the title...
  • Options
    RubberSoulRubberSoul Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a trailer for this tonight. Never want to see another second of her again.
  • Options
    nationwide232nationwide232 Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol say what you mean why don't you? Stop sitting on the fence :D
  • Options
    Connie BeachampConnie Beachamp Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

agree and she looks just like her mother that untalented, unfunny useless heap of shite , i give you jo brand, mother and daughter are both piss poor entertainers:mad:
  • Options
    p1xiep1xie Posts: 2,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree and she looks just like her mother that untalented, unfunny useless heap of shite , i give you jo brand, mother and daughter are both piss poor entertainers:mad:

So, you're assuming that Jo Brand is her mother are you? Just because she has the same surname? I suppose you'll be saying next that Russell is a relative too?

Do your research if you're going to insult someone - it adds more weight if you get your facts right...

Jo Brand only has two children - both under the age of ten. Katy is not one of them.

And also - Jo Brand, far from being a poor entertainer, is a highly intelligent, gifted woman, whose tours are ALWAYS sell-outs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show was rubbish though, not at all funny and I love this type of comedy usually, she will have lost a lot of viewers with that debut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg..i watched like the 1st five minutes..and i agree with the OP
  • Options
    Connie BeachampConnie Beachamp Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    p1xie wrote: »
    So, you're assuming that Jo Brand is her mother are you? Just because she has the same surname? I suppose you'll be saying next that Russell is a relative too?

Do your research if you're going to insult someone - it adds more weight if you get your facts right...

Jo Brand only has two children - both under the age of ten. Katy is not one of them.

And also - Jo Brand, far from being a poor entertainer, is a highly intelligent, gifted woman, whose tours are ALWAYS sell-outs.

get out more mate, the post was a piss take regarding them being mother and daughter and to answer your comment regarding jo brand- well she is a piss poor excuse for a comic
  • Options
    GarryMcGarryMc Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    get out more mate, the post was a piss take regarding them being mother and daughter and to answer your comment regarding jo brand- well she is a piss poor excuse for a comic

Well, you're not very good at piss-takes then, are you?
    Secondly, you are entitled to your own opinions on Jo Brand, but you can't change the fact that she is well-liked, and has a very successful career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member

It seems you have to be either 20 stone or a gay to get your own comedy series these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,520
    Forum Member
    apd2007 wrote: »
    It seems you have to be either 20 stone or a gay to get your own comedy series these days.

Well back more than 20 years ago you had to be white, middle-class, conservative or snobbish to get your own comedy series. At least what you have mentioned shows that television is no longer two dimentional or segregated.
  • Options
    jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were some bits that were ok; Army Girl
    & others that fell flat; Kate Winslett (it just went on too long).
    Personally I don't care what someone looks like when watching comedy, as long as they are funny.
    We'll give her the benefit of the doubt & try it again as she's just finding her feet.
    I found her more amusing that Catherine Tate tbh but everyone has different taste.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member

If thats the case Russell Grant and Christopher Biggins would never be off the television!:p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nibb wrote: »
    If thats the case Russell Grant and Christopher Biggins would never be off the television!:p:D

:D:D. Must agree this was a bit lame, shame because i was looking forward to a laugh, but sadly i just got slightly annoyed that i wasnt 20 stone or gay :(. On a side note i dont care how big/small anyone is but if they claim to be funny i would like to laugh.:p
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Amy Winehouse take off is sooo funny:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    She was funny in titty titty bang bang but not this. I thought it was a bit desperate - the only good bit was the Amy Winehouse spoof.

The Lilly Allen one looks good too from trailers...
  • Options
    babbababba Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She isnt funny, regardless of her size or face. Nothings funny on tv anymore..........
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mitchell & Webb, Serafinowicz, Brigstocke...are any of them gay? None are 20 stone. But I'm thinking Mitchell might be gay...

Generally, the Katy Brand thing was sh*t. I only found Lily Allen funny, and that dragged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Mmm...this was disappointing :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Saw the Amy Winehouse sketch and it was OK- let down by the line 'i've got booze on my face.' The rest was good.

Haven't been watching this series but I saw some of her stuff on a late night C4 comedy lab once. She took off Kate Moss (with Sadie Frost and Strella McCartney) and that was good, but the Kate Winslet thing drove me mad.
  • Options
    bob_loblawbob_loblaw Posts: 5,342
    Forum Member
    I thought it was OK.

Enjoy the army TV thing. Kate Winslet was funny,especially when she was doing the ironing.

Overall I don't think its good enough to transfer to ITV1 but at least this is some orignal programming so it's a step in the right direction for ITV2.
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Is she related to Russell Brand
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    There were moments of promise, but it was pretty crap generally