SucmedicSucmedic Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Small question.

Do you have any idea how I play downloaded clips or movies on the Pacific DVD1002w?

I am using CD-Rs to drop the media on.

I know it does but for the life of me I do not know how.

Any clues?

Big thanx for any help.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I have just been bought the above DVD player from ASDA by my wife and have begun dropping movies and filmclips onto discs (CD-Rs) and playing them through it (DVD Player). I have noticed some of the films are slightly block or the speech is out slightly. For these films I have been using my Nero writing software for movies, which can take upto an hour for it to write.

Somebody has suggested using VCDeasy, but have they have warned me that a errors in the movie and it freaks.

Could anyone pass on any tips for writing VCDs (or SVCDS (though I couldn't tell you the difference))? As basic as possible as I am the layiest of laymen (though I am slightly wizened).

Thanks for any help you can give.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi , I want to buy the Pacific 1002w from Asda.
    Can anyone tell me how to change it to multi region please.
    Tom
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    To change the current region setting on this player

1. Press the Open/Close button on your remote control
    2. Press the Clear button on your remote control
    3. Press the 1 button on your remote control
    4. Press the 3 button on your remote control
    5. Press the 6 button on your remote control
    6. Press the 9 button on your remote control
    7. Press the 0 button on your remote control for multi-region
    8. Press the Open/Close button on your remote control

Hope this helps...

• Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info, I'll buy it & try it.
    Tom
  • Options
    gushgush Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Before anyone gets too excited by this DVD player - a note of caution!

I got one two weeks ago and yes it played everything I threw at it BUT then the tray started playing up, it refused to stay open, you had to grab and hold on to it, to remove your disc.

I nipped down to ASDA today and got another one - same model DVD1002W - same multiregion hack - BUT this one refuses to play DVD+RW discs. The only difference I noted was on the box - in addition to the Home Cinema and What HI-FI 4 Star Award markings, this one also had an Ultimate DVD 4 Star Award. Could be I just have another duff machine or maybe not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember how many Asda sell per day and week. They sell hundreds per store per month, in our store there are three pallets stacked high and they only last a week and a bit! There are going to be a few dodgy ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is the difference between the pacific 1001 and the 1002w?
    Are the 1001 any good?
    Any response would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only difference we have spotted/notified about is the fact that the 1002w has a front LCD display, while the 1001 doesnt. Also, the 1002 has (?) a digital optical out whereas the 1001 doesnt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So i take it that the actual player is the same spec?
    plays the same dvd formats etc?
    I just like the look of the 1001 as it is alot slimmer.
    Has there been any problems with the 1001?
    Is there a code for multi region on this machine as there is for the other pacific dvd players?
    What is digital optical?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

As far as im aware it will play exactly the same as the 1002. There have been no problems so far. Digital Optical is a connection option avaiable to connect the player to a Dolby/DTS amp. Instead of using a coax cable, you use a fibre optic cable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I am thinking of buying the Pacifc DVD1002w player from Asda and found this forum in order to check out some details with anyone who has one and can help.

Can I record to the DVD writer from an external device ie VCR. If so what cables would be required.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I nipped down to ASDA today and got another one - same model DVD1002W - same multiregion hack - BUT this one refuses to play DVD+RW discs. The only difference I noted was on the box - in addition to the Home Cinema and What HI-FI 4 Star Award markings, this one also had an Ultimate DVD 4 Star Award. Could be I just have another duff machine or maybe not?

I have just bought one of these with the Ultimate DVD logo on it. Mine also wont play DVD+RW (Memorex media recorded on a Pioneer 106), nor will it let me see jpegs burnt onto a CD :mad:

+R's are ok, and the region-free hack works as well. I've not tried the Macrovision one though
  • Options
    gushgush Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    So it could be that new stocks of the 1002W don't have the full feature set. This is a real shame because bar the tray problem I had with my first unit it was a very good player.

It played every "problem" DVD-R disk I have - those that would skip or stop completely on other players.

Now it looks like I'll have to return my second "flawed" unit with no hope of a good replacement.

Do any users out there know if the new 1001 player is OK with DVD+RWs or if it has the same capabilites as the older 1002 units.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the newer models obviously come fitted with a different drive to the other players!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking of getting the cyberhome 400 from w.h.smiths - there have been good comments elsewhere on this board. My local shops are out of stock at the moment and my experience with the pacific makes me not inclined to buy anything mail order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the cyberhome and its EXCELLENT!!!!

i have two of them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have now tried another brand of DVD+RW which was recorded on a friends PC and it wont play that either. Back to Asda it goes... and off to WHS I go...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Is the 1002W able to play RCE discs correctly? ro do you have to keep changing to R1 whenever you want to play those discs rather than just setting R0?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by cat7
    I have now tried another brand of DVD+RW which was recorded on a friends PC and it wont play that either. Back to Asda it goes... and off to WHS I go...

cyberhome plays +r/+rw perfectly!

Dan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by cat7

NOTICE TO ALL

Hi

As most of you know, i work in the Carlise Asda store, i have exclusive information regarding the gaurantee which Asda operates.

As of early November, Asda will NOT be giving 3 year gaurantees on electrical goods. You will instead receive just a standard year gaurantee. Current 3 year gaurantees will be honered.

Under the new gaurantee, any customer who cant provide proof of purchase will unfortuately not be entitled to a refund or replacement. So keep your receipts and if you want a 3 year gaurantee, get your things before November.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for that, just got a televideo from you yesterday!

also the cyberhome comes with 2 yrs on site replacement warranty!

Dan