The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

1140141142143144146»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Thanks Zack. :)

Rolling 7-day Chart:

Radio

749. Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Label: RCA
    Plays: 252
    Impacts: 1.89m
    LW Position: 1255

TV

76. Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Label: RCA
    Plays: 71

I don't think it's looking TOO bad, and I think next week things will pick up on radio as it will be about 4 weeks until release and more TV channels will be playing it hopefully :)
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They playlisted 'Where Have You Been' which is out May 28th.

I think they can playlist it if it's already available to purchase.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What position was the Elephant video at by the end of its first week? #76 doesn't seem so bad...I just hope the radio situation improves...

Maybe requesting it on R1 and Kiss especially might help...:)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    That performance of Let It Go looked good!! I'm not going to lie, I'm really worried about the album. This is basically the single to launch the album and there's just no buzz around her at all. Elephant didn't sell very well at all and Let It Go is on course to do the same. The only plus I can think of is that if the album does sell badly upon release, then she'll have things like a summer single, X Factor performance, Xmas sales etc to give it a boost. The thing is though, if it's not selling well after two singles and a few weeks of it being released, then it really won't at all. I'm seriously praying that she's going to be supporting Beyonce on tour in the U.S at the end of the year. That could be the reason why Alex hasn't released the UK tour dates yet as there may be discussions involving dates for her to tour the U.S with Beyonce. I mean, realistically album two could be done with by the end of this year, which I would be happy with if it meant she was off to the U.S. I don't know though to be honest, we don't even know what U.S label she's with and there's no indication of her going over there, just the usual "hopefully".

Radio wise we have 2 weeks. It can't be on BBC lists yet, and it has entered the top 1000 a week after the premiere which is great, and the video has been seen. A lot can change, all she needs is a R1 A list, and lots of TV promo plus a radio tour, and then straight off to Europe to promote LIG and put her album out there in Late July. I think she has plans, but there is something stopping her in the summer, and that thing we don't know yet. I hope album 2 is done by Summer next year here. She has enough material. All she needs is radio support, and a big album launch (first week sales around 60-70k) which stay around 40-50k in the 2 weeks after, to stay afloat. It's the radio issue. Boy..she really needs capital *bites nails and freaks out* :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    What position was the Elephant video at by the end of its first week? #76 doesn't seem so bad...I just hope the radio situation improves...

Maybe requesting it on R1 and Kiss especially might help...:)

It wasn't that hot IIRC. Neither was airplay, next week is a better indication. Anywho, I'd like RCA to have some plans. Request it folks, that's all we can do :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capital are never going to support her this era so I think its just best we forget about them....Our radio hopes lie solely with Radio 1 and Kiss and all the regional stations.

Elephant managed #3 purely through regional support and serious promo...there's no reason why Let It Go couldn't do the same or chart even higher...

But of course decent airplay on Kiss and at least a C-list on Radio 1 would be a good enough push imo. Its disgusting that she has to put up with this kind of politics tbh.
    Forum Member
    True to all of that....urgh....these politics...it's a joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    True to all of that....urgh....these politics...it's a joke.

She'll be OK for the time being but she can't maintain these current circumstances forever...
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,784
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57873010#post57873010
    This discussion has been closed.