Options

An Appeal To The Emmerdale Producers

MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After watching tonight's recordings of the two Emmerdale episodes I am motivated to make an appeal to the producers.

As far as I was aware, the car crash would have been enough to kill Gennie. What did we get instead? Killer Cameron striking again.

This has gone too far this time and enough is enough. Now, I am aware that there are some big storylines coming up in October regarding Cameron, but in all honesty, I do not wish to wait that long, and I strongly suspect many other fans do not want to either.

What should happen after tonight's crash is that an autopsy would have to be performed on Gennie, and the forensics would discover that death had occurred by smothering, and not the actual crash itself. Furthermore, DNA profiling would reveal that a third person instigated the death.

The appeal I wish to make to the producers is

"Get rid of Cameron now, and not in October". This storyline has gone on far too long and is becoming distressing to the many fans like myself who watch week in and week out.

If the producers do not listen to the viewers, then a lot will be switching off.

For goodness sake producers, get real and get on with it.

GET RID OF CAMERON OR ELSE!!!!

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    No no no, this is a great storyline, I love serial killers in soaps, he was yet again in a desperate position and could see no other way out, keep Cam in the soap as long as possivble, perhaps he coudl kill Debbie befor he leaves :D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, no, no Emmerdale producers - you keep it going. It's been a brilliant sl and VietCam has played a blinder throughout, (although you might want to ask him not to mumble so much, as half of us had to use subtitles tonight).

Apart from that, very well done - excellent stunts and Gennie's murder was simply bone-chilling.

More of the same please. :cool:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    No no no, this is a great storyline, I love serial killers in soaps, he was yet again in a desperate position and could see no other way out, keep Cam in the soap as long as possivble, perhaps he coudl kill Debbie befor he leaves :D

bib: So some good may come out of it then:D
  • Options
    DeputyGuttersonDeputyGutterson Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    It was a great storyline at first, but like all soaps, they've dragged it out too long if Cameron is still going to be snivelling around Emmerdale as late as October. As far as soap killers go, the murders have been shocking, but Cameron himself is not remotely interesting.
  • Options
    Green FoxGreen Fox Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Stop moaning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    MrGiles2 wrote: »

Bet they're quaking in their boots now :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance the storyline is brilliant plus Cameron can't leave while Robbie remains unmurdered!
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricmcc1766 wrote: »
    Bet they're quaking in their boots now :D

Aye ano, whats the OP gonna do? Bite their kneecaps? Chuck a brick through the window?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I grew tired of this story line ages ago, but tonight I got totally drawn back in.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found tonight's episodes very sad, but also well acted by Sian Reese Williams, and spine chilling. It was also extremely well shot.

The Cameron storyline dragged for a long time, but has really picked up pace now, and I'm intrigued as to how they're going to end it.

I like the fact that Emmerdale makes these events bleak and disturbing. They should be - they're murders. I hated that Coronation St turned serial killing into something vaguely humourous, not once but twice.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like it, then don't watch it - exactly what I did with Hollyoaks, I did no moaning!
    Emmerdale is on top form right now, just there are many people who prefer love and happiness to a Serial Killer Storyline, it's a shame really
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching tonight's recordings of the two Emmerdale episodes I am motivated to make an appeal to the producers.

As far as I was aware, the car crash would have been enough to kill Gennie. What did we get instead? Killer Cameron striking again.

This has gone too far this time and enough is enough. Now, I am aware that there are some big storylines coming up in October regarding Cameron, but in all honesty, I do not wish to wait that long, and I strongly suspect many other fans do not want to either.

What should happen after tonight's crash is that an autopsy would have to be performed on Gennie, and the forensics would discover that death had occurred by smothering, and not the actual crash itself. Furthermore, DNA profiling would reveal that a third person instigated the death.

"Get rid of Cameron now, and not in October". This storyline has gone on far too long and is becoming distressing to the many fans like myself who watch week in and week out.

If the producers do not listen to the viewers, then a lot will be switching off.

I won't be switching off. This is Emmerdale at it's best. I can't wait to see what happens next. A lot of threads were made about tonight's episode because it was a controversial one and I think lots of us will be watching the next episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bib: So some good may come out of it then:D

Can he kill Robbie? Please, please:D:D Oh, and Ali, too.
  • Options
    cornishannacornishanna Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    There is no way I will be switching off either, this is the best storyline since the live episode! The stunt was fantastic and the tears rolling down Cameron's face as he held her breath were devastating! To be honest, I don't think Gennie would have made it alive to the hospital anyway... Looking forward to the heartbreaking scenes with Nikhil now!
    There will be more people switching on now so your little switch off won't make much difference Giles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand if people think Emmerdale went too far in the last episode but I am really enjoying this story line for the first time. The acting has been outstanding and as horrific as poor Gennie's death was, Sian did a great job and Cameron will get his comeuppance in the end.
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was this written so it could be quoted in the Daily Mail, or something? :rolleyes: I'm not a regular Emmerdale viewer by any means but I caught the second of last night's eps and was drawn in by the drama and brilliantly shot stunt. Top marks all round.

If you want to switch off, go ahead. You appear to be in a minority, so I don't think the producers have much to worry about.
  • Options
    HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My appeal to the producers is to change the theme tune back to the last one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Christ on a bike, this story is great. Too many soaps wrap a whole story up in a week or two and it does my nut. This one has gone on for a long time and been much better for it.

Last night was fantastic. Best I've seen Emmerdale in a long time.

And if you find the programme "distressing", I suggest you stop taking it so seriously or switch off.
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Was this written so it could be quoted in the Daily Mail, or something? :rolleyes: I'm not a regular Emmerdale viewer by any means but I caught the second of last night's eps and was drawn in by the drama and brilliantly shot stunt. Top marks all round.

If you want to switch off, go ahead. You appear to be in a minority, so I don't think the producers have much to worry about.

You would not like a bet about that, would you?

Seriously, I agree it is only a soap, but I do think the producers need to revamp this quickly and no, it is not a minority view either. Thanks for your comments though.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    If the producers do read this, then I would like to say the following.

Please dissociate me from this appeal. I am thoroughly enjoying it and it is by far the best soap entertainment at the moment. It baffles me as to why, when somebody doesn't like something, they think that they should decide whether other people should watch it rather than simply making their own decision to watch or not watch as they feel appropriate. I watch what I like, when I like. I never tell other people what they should watch. That is entirely up to them. I have far too much respect for other people to even contemplate doing such a thing.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seriously, I agree it is only a soap, but I do think the producers need to revamp this quickly and no, it is not a minority view either. Thanks for your comments though.

It certainly seems to be a minority view on DS. :)

(Obviously if 6M people out of a population of 60M watch it, you can say it's technically a 'minority view', but I don't believe for a second it's a minority view amongst ED viewers).

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    If the producers do read this, the I would like to say the following.

Please dissociate me from this appeal. I am thoroughly enjoying it and it is by far the best soap entertainment at the moment. It baffles me as to why, when somebody doesn't like something, they think that they should decide whether other people should watch it rather than simply making their own decision to watch or not watch as they feel appropriate. I watch what I like, when I like. I never tell other people what they should watch. That is entirely up to them. I have far too much respect for other people to even contemplate doing such a thing.

Well said Mo! Producers, for the record I'm enjoying it at the moment. If I cease to enjoy it in any way I will stop watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    dominic power is the best baddie on tv=end of.
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are in a minority. Look at the comments on here. Look at the poll on the soaps page.

The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and I can only assume from your comments that you never watch the news, where much more horrific things can be seen before the watershed.

So don't expect any revamp any time soon. This will be a big story from now until it concludes (in the autumn, I would guess).