Options

emmerdale's ruby

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
Forum Member
Does anyone else think that this character is a waste. The actress Alicya eyo was brilliant in bad girls years ago as Denny but all she does in emmerdale is make comments to people in the cafe. I was pleased when i read she was coming into emmerdale but they seem to have wasted her being with the spencer family

Comments

• Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsb23 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that this character is a waste. The actress Alicya eyo was brilliant in bad girls years ago as Denny but all she does in emmerdale is make comments to people in the cafe. I was pleased when i read she was coming into emmerdale but they seem to have wasted her being with the spencer family

Need to get rid of the Spencer's and keep Ruby.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby is underused, but I do like her.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes hiding under the shadow of 40 ciggies a day
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Ruby is a great character who is badly underused. She has zero chemistry with her current onscreen partner though: needs a new one!
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that there's a lot of potential there. Alicya is a good actress they should use her more.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby could become a new friend for Vanessa. Vanessa may be able to confide in Moira about her troubles with Rhona and at the vets, but she could develop a friendship with Ruby to take her mind off things. I'm sure Ruby would be willing.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been rewatching Bad Girls from the start and loved Alicya as Denny - really emphasises her lack of a decent storyline in Emmerdale, preferably away from the Spencers
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Marries Kerry, Roobeh goes with Vanessa, shameless one is left out in the cold.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby could become a new friend for Vanessa. Vanessa may be able to confide in Moira about her troubles with Rhona and at the vets, but she could develop a friendship with Ruby to take her mind off things. I'm sure Ruby would be willing.

I do like the sound of that .
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Spencers should be axed, and quickly; they have not become part of the show. But Ruby is a good actress and a new storyline should be found for her.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruby is underused, but I do like her.

I bet we'll see a Ruby and Vanessa affair
  • Options
    evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I bet we'll see a Ruby and Vanessa affair

Vanessa will get with a man after having her heart shredded by Rhona!:cry::D
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole spencer family is a waste. They never have storylines. They might as well be axed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Ruby needs a mate outside of the Spencer's and the café, now that Katie and Gennie are gone maybe they could pair her up with Chas, mix her into the rest of the village a bit more. Megan has the same problem but don't see them pairing Ruby or Chas with Megan.

Megan and Steve in the long run perhaps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubys' great she dosnt deserve to be stuck with Ali and her two brats!

Give her a lass that appreciates her and lets her have fun and then shoot Ali and the brats out of a cannon into the sun!
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubys' great she dosnt deserve to be stuck with Ali and her two brats!

Give her a lass that appreciates her and lets her have fun and then shoot Ali and the brats out of a cannon into the sun!

The brats
    are taking on VietCam in the next week or two
    . You never know, you might get your wish;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    Vanessa will get with a man after having her heart shredded by Rhona!:cry::D

:(:mad::mad:

ROOOOAAAAAAAARRRR.

:o sorry. Just jealous is all:D
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    Criminally underused character. Alicya and Ruby are far better than that ridiculous cafe! I would love to see her develop a friendship or more with Vanessa also. I can take or leave the Spencers but they certainly are the dullest characters introduced and who have failed to make an impact in a very long time.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her as Denny Blood in Bad Girls. She is a great actress but hasn't been given a storyline to make her shine in Emmerdale. I don't think she should pair up with Vanessa, they have little in common. I'd like her to have a meaty storyline, maybe an illness or something. She and Ali don't really do much in the village, that needs to change.
  • Options
    evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    salad-days wrote: »
    :(:mad::mad:

ROOOOAAAAAAAARRRR.

:o sorry. Just jealous is all:D

Salad - you know it's true. Although after seeing that kiss, I think it's Rhona who might have to reassess !:eek: She needs to come on my team, lol:D:cool:

Ruby and Ali are in a chemistry free zone.:eek: Where's the spark? She has more chemistry with Laurel, so yeah, Ruby and Laurel, lol.... Or just give her damn story!:o
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Ruby and agree the Spencer mother and kids are gruesome and need to go...But Dan and Ruby must stay!

Mind you...I'm in two minds who's the worst and fits in the least....Ali & kids or dreadful Dom and daughter!
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    I like Ruby and agree the Spencer mother and kids are gruesome and need to go...But Dan and Ruby must stay!

Mind you...I'm in two minds who's the worst and fits in the least....Ali & kids or dreadful Dom and daughter!

Who coincidentally is best known for playing a character called Spencer.

Coincidence? :eek::eek:
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby is a character with much untapped potential. She's wasted just serving buns in the cafe - give her a decent storyline and the chance to show what she can do, and I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Emmerdale has a few redundant characters at the moment:

- Rodney: despite being father to Nicola and Bernice, he seems to have little or no interaction with them these days. He's mostly reduced to Brenda's messenger boy.

- Ali: with Kerry's growing popularity on the DS forums, Ali's role as resident loudmouth-skank-mother has been greatly usurped in recent months. Where does she go from here...?

- Robbie: a constant irritation to the skins of Home Farm residents, Robbie-the-runt seems to do little more than whine and bitch, but when it comes to bitching, Nicola wipes the floor, walls and ceiling with him.

- Ashley: I love Ash as a character, but he deserves more than propping up the bar in the Woolpack and refereeing the odd slanging match between rough women. Give him a proper purpose again.

- Dom and Gemma: I just can't take to them. He seems to alternate between angry and grumpy (other dwarves are available) with little in the way of character development as he goes, while Gemma just seems bland, though not without potential - her complicated friendship with Belle is interesting.

Overall, Emmerdale is brilliant at the moment, but I think the brilliance is highlighting the emptiness of certain characters.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They paired Ruby with Laurel but Ali got jealous and thought they were going to have an affair or something, didn't actually work though, so they just left Ruby out in the cold. Would prefer to see more of her than Laurel, shame she's gay or they could have paired her with Marlon.

And, three, two, one haha don't lynch me for the suggestion :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsb23 wrote: »

She is good, the Spencers are shit. Hopefully they'll go and she can hook up with the pretty vet.