New Doc & Tardis What About the Doctor Who Exhibition ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
Forum Member
Me And my wife were stopping in Bristol and decide to drive over to Cardiff for the day. We especially went for the Doctor Who Exhibition, but we were very disappoint and found it not very big and could of been much better built.

We was expecting something like the entrance been the Tardis into it and having a chance to take photos of us walking in and out of the tardis door ?

Has anyone else on here been ? any thoughts

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I have been to the Cardiff exhibition a few times, and the Lands End one too,You are right, it isnt that big,but ut us packed with great DW things, including DT and CE's costumes, and I love wandering round there.

I presume it will be updated after this series, and a lot of the old exhibits will be replaced with series 5 things.

I would like to see a bigger place, for classis and NuWho iems, but for now, it'll do.

The shop is great, expensive but you can always find something there that you havent seen elsewhere.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to the exhibition and throughly enjoyed it. There is always room for improvement of course, but it was great fun, imho.
    Forum Member
    I like the fact that you can go back agin the same day for another look, unlike Lands end , it costs us £15 to get in, then half an hour later , little one wanted another look, so we had to pay AGAIN to get back in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Took my 7 year son there last year. Not big at all but you can go in there as my times as you want. My three year ran around cardiff bay pretending to be Captain Jack. Also spent £30 on a radio controlled K9 for my boy!
    Forum Member
    I think that Torchwood tower is just as exciting, we usually stand on the stone by the water feature that leads( or led) to the hub ;)then we stand where Ten and Martha stood when Jack mentioned Boe .

We always check out Ianto's door too .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I think that Torchwood tower is just as exciting, we usually stand on the stone by the water feature that leads( or led) to the hub ;)then we stand where Ten and Martha stood when Jack mentioned Boe .

We always check out Ianto's door too .

That was one let down for us thou, it was the end of some market day and couldn't get anywhere near some of that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torchwood tower was cool, problem is how to look non geeky pretending its your kids who want to see it really.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me And my wife were stopping in Bristol and decide to drive over to Cardiff for the day. We especially went for the Doctor Who Exhibition, but we were very disappoint and found it not very big and could of been much better built.

We was expecting something like the entrance been the Tardis into it and having a chance to take photos of us walking in and out of the tardis door ?

Has anyone else on here been ? any thoughts

OMG! You know it's just a blue box right and the inside is a set production:rolleyes:

Cardiff Exhibition is just fine, they update all the time but please have realistic expectations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    OMG! You know it's just a blue box right and the inside is a set production:rolleyes:

Really ? i didnt know this i thought it was real :o :rolleyes:
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BibaNova wrote: »
    Torchwood tower was cool, problem is how to look non geeky pretending its your kids who want to see it really.:D

The amount of people that we see having their photos taken on the "perception filter" slab is unbelievable

I wouldnt bother trying to be non geeky

We are planning another trip to the exhibition at the end of the series (hopefully they will update it)

The outside has been rebranded recently
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebranded you say... that may just require another visit to Cardiff.:D
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackrules wrote: »
    rebranded you say... that may just require another visit to Cardiff.:D

hehe just the outside so far

Hopefully the rest will be done once the series ends