Options

Omfg. Just placed a tesco online shop, do i pay them when the come?

Comments

• Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imogenkate wrote: »
    is it just me, or does anyone else want to know about the ginger biscuit conversation she had?
    Yep, but after this we're all cream crackers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Next year I shall wear my poppy with pride for our one and only fallen comrade.
  • Options
    scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a riveting thread. Does the OP have amnesia?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imogenkate wrote: »
    is it just me, or does anyone else want to know about the ginger biscuit conversation she had?

I hope that will be in the directors cut
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a riveting thread. Does the OP have amnesia?
    No, I don't think Tesco sell that. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    Hey, victory! World peace is declared! Pain and suffering ceases everywhere and the concept of work is forgotten!

Maybe some hot sailor will grab me on the Piazza at work and plant a smacker on me!
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I just made the last chopper out of Saigon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe some hot sailor will grab me on the Piazza at work and plant a smacker on me!

Mission accepted :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    I feel like I just made the last chopper out of Saigon.

I feel like I have just sat through all quiet on the western front.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    they don't take the money out of your account until after the delivery.

correct..
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Deleted*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I feel like I have just sat through all quiet on the western front.

Go tell the Spartans, passer-by, that here, by Spartan law, we lie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gratitude of every home in our Island, in our Empire, and indeed throughout the world, except in the abodes of the guilty, goes out to the Tesco delivery men who, undaunted by odds, unwearied in their constant challenge and mortal danger, are turning the tide of the Great supermarket War by their prowess and by their devotion. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. All hearts go out to the pickers, whose brilliant actions we see with our own eyes day after day, but we must never forget that all the time, night after night, month after month, our Delivery men travel far into Tescos, find their targets in the darkness by the highest navigational skill, aim their trolleys, often under the heaviest fire, often with serious loss, with deliberate, careful discrimination, and inflict shattering blows upon the whole of the technical and war-making structure of the Tesco online power. On no part of the Delivery men does the weight of the war fall more heavily than on the daylight drivers who will play an invaluable part in the case of substituted items and whose unflinching zeal it has been necessary in the meanwhile on numerous occasions to restrain…
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Once in a while my card would fail to go through AFTER it was processed (I don't know why this happened).

When this happens, they give you a call to verify the card details, or send you a text to let you know if you weren't around for the phone call. You can then call back with the card details.

Once the driver turned up and said the payment failed to go through and it was sorted within a minute by phoning the order office with the details. He handed over the delivery right after that. No problem.

thanks for that info.. online shopping can be very useful but really i prefer actual normal shopping, hands on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want tell you about the town where this happened here, they got three stop
    signs, two police officers, and one police car, but when we got to the
    Scene of the Crime there was five police officers and three police cars,
    being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to
    get in the newspaper story about it. And they was using up all kinds of
    cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station.
    They was taking plaster tyre tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and
    they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
    and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
    one was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
    the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to
    mention the aerial photography.

You can get anything you want... at Tesco's online groceries
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    The gratitude of every home in our Island, in our Empire, and indeed throughout the world, except in the abodes of the guilty, goes out to the Tesco delivery men who, undaunted by odds, unwearied in their constant challenge and mortal danger, are turning the tide of the Great supermarket War by their prowess and by their devotion. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. All hearts go out to the pickers, whose brilliant actions we see with our own eyes day after day, but we must never forget that all the time, night after night, month after month, our Delivery men travel far into Tescos, find their targets in the darkness by the highest navigational skill, aim their trolleys, often under the heaviest fire, often with serious loss, with deliberate, careful discrimination, and inflict shattering blows upon the whole of the technical and war-making structure of the Tesco online power. On no part of the Delivery men does the weight of the war fall more heavily than on the daylight drivers who will play an invaluable part in the case of substituted items and whose unflinching zeal it has been necessary in the meanwhile on numerous occasions to restrain…

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only two items were replaced (a bloomer and some shaving gel).

It all went so well! I thought i'd be a nervous wreck but I was strangely composed (not that I was worried in the first place, just more confused).

I will definitely be doing online shopping again that's for sure. Thanks guys for your help/concern etc, it really means alot :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zombie wrote: »

Never in the field on human conflict, was so much owed by so many to one delivery man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the smell of palm oil in the morning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epilogue - the delivery man's tale:

But Sam turned to Bywater, and so came back up the Hill, as day was ending once more. And he went on, and there was yellow light, and fire within; and the evening meal was ready, and he was expected. And Rose drew him in, and set him in his chair, and put little Elanor upon his lap.

He drew a deep breath. "Well, I'm back," he said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Only two items were replaced (a bloomer and some shaving gel).

It all went so well! I thought i'd be a nervous wreck but I was strangely composed (not that I was worried in the first place, just more confused).

I will definitely be doing online shopping again that's for sure. Thanks guys for your help/concern etc, it really means alot :)

Wow, that was worth the wait :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Hey, guys, it's been hard, but we made it. WE MADE IT. There is a bond between us now that can never be broken. In years to come, people will pretend they were here with us, but we will know them for the frauds and fantasists they are. But we? We band of brothers? We saw that hell, and lived.

Truly, we are now AS GODS.

So now we can declare this as a bank holiday after all then? :D:D
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    Epilogue - the delivery man's tale:

But Sam turned to Bywater, and so came back up the Hill, as day was ending once more. And he went on, and there was yellow light, and fire within; and the evening meal was ready, and he was expected. And Rose drew him in, and set him in his chair, and put little Elanor upon his lap.

He drew a deep breath. "Well, I'm back," he said.

LMAO :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    modeyink wrote: »
    By far the funniest thread on DS. Although I'm on my period and cramping so laughing hurts right now. Damn you all.

Am I the only one not finding this thread funny? :o