Options

Take That - The Flood video

2»

Comments

• Options
    syedluversyedluver Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved i,t i think the song and video are amazing and the album cover is amazing aswell :)
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    I love this video - and the song itself.

As others have said, of course Robbie is going to be on the screen more - he has lead vocals. In previous TT videos, if Gary is lead, he gets more air time. Same with Mark.

It wouldn't make sense to have Robbie singing the verses and focusing on Howard 99% of the time, would it?

Think the video is really original and fresh.

According to rumours Mark has the most (solo) vocals on the new album. Apart from the shared lead track Robbie has another two and Gary has just one. So all the whingers can stop harping on 'there's too much Robbie'.
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to rumours Mark has the most (solo) vocals on the new album. Apart from the shared lead track Robbie has another two and Gary has just one. So all the whingers can stop harping on 'there's too much Robbie'.

Yay! At last, someone who agrees that Robbie hasn't taken over TT!!

Thank you soooooooo much! :D
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to believe that Gary has just one main vocal but we'll see...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I find it hard to believe that Gary has just one main vocal but we'll see...

Very strange indeed...I hope it's not true. I'm ok with the number of Robbie tracks actually, it's not an overkill. However...a Take That album with almost no Gary will be very weird. I'm pretty sure I'll miss his voice on the album.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Very strange indeed...I hope it's not true. I'm ok with the number of Robbie tracks actually, it's not an overkill. However...a Take That album with almost no Gary will be very weird. I'm pretty sure I'll miss his voice on the album.

There's a review of Progress in Q magazine. That tell you who sings what.

'It's a measure of their canniness and their rediscovered ease with each other that Progress is front-loaded with Williams led tracks. Whether sparring with Barlow on Wait or ramping up the Robbie William'-isms on the diamond encrusted Bontempi rhythms of Pretty Things - he sounds more engaged than he has in years.
    But it's not a one-man show. Barlow clearly relishes the notion of wrongfooting people's perception of him as the Frodhsam Barry manilow. Wait starts with a patented grandiose piano intro, only for it to veer off into bonkers electronic territory.
    The others get a look in too .... etc etc

Mention of Howard on Affirmation, and Jason on Pretty Things, and Mark's 'What do you want from me'

Q loved it.

'Progress is a triumph musically, conceptually, personally. The circle is complete and stronger than ever. Take That have got Williams' rock star charisma, Williams got his mates back. It's been a journey, for sure'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard good things for this Album, cannot wait.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .........................................*thud*
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Interesting that RW is the lead vocalist on the lead single...but as has been said may have been a welcome back gesture on the part of (at least some of?) the others....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Interesting that RW is the lead vocalist on the lead single...but as has been said may have been a welcome back gesture on the part of (at least some of?) the others....

Well, as the Q review said:

'It's a measure of their canniness and their rediscovered ease with each other that Progress is front-loaded with Williams led tracks..

So it's not just the lead single.

Speculation from people on who sings what is a bit amusing. Q, for instance, says 'Wait' is Gary and Rob. Someone else seems to think it's Mark doing most of the singing for that song - even though they haven't heard it.
    Which might stem from a story from someone that most of the lead vocals are being done by Mark, which I did find funny!

I've been playing all the old TT songs this past week - I have all the albums - and most of the songs are Gary on lead with the others backing. I hadn't realised how many he DID sing! Anyone else getting a lead was a rarity!

It was different when they came back as a four. More of a shared experience not just Gary and backing singers, so it's only right Robbie should be heard more this time round, I reckon.

Can't wait to hear the album, anyway. Got the deluxe version on order! I've even ordered the single, which I don't normally do cos the single's always on the album that follows, but I can't wait to actually have the song!
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading through some of the comments here, listening to that new song, and given the fact that Robbie is
    to perform some of his classic solo songs on Take That's new tour, you'd perhaps be forgiven for thinking
    they aren't so much the reformed five-piece group they once were in the early 90's and trying so hard to
    be since Robbie came back, but more like Robbie's new backing group.

What do we think the closing song is likely to be at TT concerts in future ... Never Forget or Angels?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    Reading through some of the comments here, listening to that new song, and given the fact that Robbie is
    to perform some of his classic solo songs on Take That's new tour, you'd perhaps be forgiven for thinking
    they aren't so much the reformed five-piece group they once were in the early 90's and trying so hard to
    be since Robbie came back, but more like Robbie's new backing group.

What do we think the closing song is likely to be at TT concerts in future ... Never Forget or Angels?

I've never thought they were Robbie's backing band, anymore than it was Gary and his backing band before.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    I've never thought they were Robbie's backing band, anymore than it was Gary and his backing band before.

I'm sure Gary will be relieved that the 'Gary and his backing singers' will no longer be applied ... now that he is one of the backing singers himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    I love the song, it's my guilty pleasure at the moment, DESPITE the fact that Robbie is back. The guy is a tit.