Options

The ''What was your most rubbish present'' thread.

Comments

• Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will get mine when I go to my sisters.

it better be a budgie.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    It was going to be socks from my Nan but I told her I have too many as it is.

Socks are really a shit present, I'd never buy someone socks, they're something you buy as and when you go shopping, not for a Christmas present to your Grandson lol and especially not when she asks for something triple the cost in return!

I must be the only person who loves sock! A couple of pairs of new socks as a present would be lovely.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I was just speaking to my boyfriends mum about it and whilst laughing her head off she told me it's the thought that counts. Like I said to her I don't know what kind of image I portray that an erotic book is something that comes into your head when you think of me!

this is what intrigues me about "bad"" presents it makes me wonder how on earth they perceive me....there must be an error in translation:D
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    i was grateful for all i was given for Christmas
  • Options
    biawhiskabiawhiska Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    giz a tab wrote: »
    You lucky git, I'd kill for one of those. Happy Xmas.

and me actually! :blush:
  • Options
    biawhiskabiawhiska Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I must be the only person who loves sock! A couple of pairs of new socks as a present would be lovely.

I love getting socks too. Infact, I only got 1 pair this year so a bit peeved :cool:
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I quite like socks too.

I'm a female with size 7-8 feet and regularly get holes in my socks within a few months, so they're handy to have. The more colourful, the better..

Not had any bad presents this year, though I've got enough chocolate to last until the summer.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Hmm, I've not done too bad this year. But two gifts stick out as been not me. (I won't say shit as that's not nice).

I've wanted a decent pair of slippers for when I'm in the house. I usually wear shorts and t-shirt without socks and my feet get cold. I don't do trousers/jeans/slacks in my own home. I want comfort. Anyway, I've got some off my grandma, great, but they are like bloody Ugg boots but not as tall. WTF ! I wanted slippers, not chavvy snow things.

The other gift I've wanted was a glow/mood light for my room when I'm gaming or whatever. So what do I get? A normal lamp! I can't remember how many times i've said I wanted a glow light. I even held off picking one up during the Amazon Black Friday sales for this very reason.

Next year post try posting them the link to amazon for exactly what you want. I find it makes Xmas much easier plus you don't have to cart around presents but can get them delivered directly.

Having said that some people still get it wrong and I got some weird neck massaging contraption. No idea why
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get even one rubbish present this year! Must be a first. :D
  • Options
    yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I would have a quick look on Ebay to see if anyone has already put their gifts up for auction. I used the search phrase "unwanted gifts" to see if anything interesting came up. A number of people are flogging Ipads, cameras etc. However there appears to be a a good few exercises DVDs too from the likes of Kerry Katona, Natalie Cassidy, Claire from Steps, WAGs and a Mr Motivator one that was apparently released in 2006. I would have liked to have seen the face or the reaction of the receiver of that gem when they opened it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=unwanted+gift&_sop=10
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    from the mother a pair of horrible grey trousers with silver bits that make them look like chaps

there also a size 24 I'm not where near that size
  • Options
    MarkiebMarkieb Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Bath Mat do i take the prize?
  • Options
    abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A colour changing alarm clock is far and away the worst xmas present anyone received today
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markieb wrote: »
    A Bath Mat do i take the prize?

What an inspired gift choice.
  • Options
    year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    A toilet seat......WHAT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    A John Bishop DVD boxset.

I can't stand John Bishop..

Me neither! >:(
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have size 4 feet - a close friend who has seen my feet plenty of times in socks in her house (I always take my shoes/ boots off to pad about) has given me size 8 pink fluffy slippers.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Last night I opened a present from my aunty it was an erotic book, she told me she's going to build me an erotic book library. That was quite odd.
    planets wrote: »
    how disturbing, but i have to thank you for sharing because it has made me laugh - sorry!

Reminds me of when I was around 14/15 and my Grandma bought me a erotic book for Christmas. :blush:

My mum thought it was hilarious but never thought to tell my Grandma that it wasn't appropriate and allowed her to go ahead and send it.

I was totally mortified.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

I do too. I got three pairs this year :D

Anyway the worst thing I got was an Ant and Dec Text Santa shopping bag from Morrisons but that was wrapped up as a joke present so I just laughed it off :D I'll use the bag when I'm doing the shopping or I need to carry books to and from my university library. I did get loadsa good things though like my Nexus 7 :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkieUK wrote: »
    I thought I would have a quick look on Ebay to see if anyone has already put their gifts up for auction. I used the search phrase "unwanted gifts" to see if anything interesting came up. A number of people are flogging Ipads, cameras etc. However there appears to be a a good few exercises DVDs too from the likes of Kerry Katona, Natalie Cassidy, Claire from Steps, WAGs and a Mr Motivator one that was apparently released in 2006. I would have liked to have seen the face or the reaction of the receiver of that gem when they opened it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=unwanted+gift&_sop=10

One of the funnies was the thong:D
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    My ex father-in-law (who is in his eighties) is legendary for his absolutely bizarre Christmas gifts and he didn't disappoint this year.

He bought my 18-year-old daughter a men's Lynx Africa gift set and got my ex wife the Lynx Apollo equivalent.

I can't wait to find out what he got my eldest son when I see him tomorrow. :D
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I've wanted a decent pair of slippers for when I'm in the house. I usually wear shorts and t-shirt without socks and my feet get cold. I don't do trousers/jeans/slacks in my own home. I want comfort. Anyway, I've got some off my grandma, great, but they are like bloody Ugg boots but not as tall. WTF ! I wanted slippers, not chavvy snow things.

Try them... if they're anything like my slipper boots, you won't ever go back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    A pair of second hand Kermit the Frog trainers :D
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    This thread is hilarious. Thank you. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭