Why is karen an "observer"?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totalwise wrote: »
    Margaret and Karen were employees of Alan Sugar from the get go, they were never enterprenuers, directors or managers and never claimed to be either. They are 9-5 employees.

Uh. Margaret Mountford was a non-exec Director of Amstrad, not a 9-5 employee in the slightest.
  • Options
    tezenistezenis Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't even bother replying to any of totalwise's posts. Clearly that stupid they can't tell the difference between being a manager and a chief executive even though a few posters have put them right.

Either a complete bonehead or being deliberately awkward.

I'm going with the former, by the way totalwise that means the first of the two options.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    If anyone's interested, Karren has now done more series as an observer than Margaret. Margaret did the first five series, Karren is now doing her sixth - she's caught up very quickly because of Young Apprentice.

I much prefer Karren to Margaret, Karren interacts more with the candidates and gives better feedback than Margaret. Nick is still a legend. I wonder if they'd replace him if he left?

Another thing I always wonder is how much Mark Halliley (the narrator) contributes to The Apprentice... he has narrated every series, I personally can't imagine anyone else doing it.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,437
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    I think you should give her more credit. Firstly, the owner wasn't her dad. It was her boss who bought the club at her persuasion. I still remember how hard the newspapers, football critics and fans were on her when she became the managing director of a football club. They attacked her by focusing on her body, her gender, her looks, her age and whether "the boys" in her club would shag her. Regardless, she stuck to her guns and stayed on. I mean, even with her slapped-arse face now, I respect her for that and probably always will.

She was a bit younger than what you said, too. Something like 22 or 23?

Yet she married one of her Players so at least one of them had a shot;)

Still love to know how she persuaded Sullivan to make her a Director of Sport newspapers at the age of 20, especially as she got her first job by lying on her application that she had a Degree! and then letting her run Birmingham with no Managerial or Directorial experience. he must have had a lot of faith (even though he has admitted he only gave her the job for the publicity as a Woman), but she seems to have hung on his coat tails for a long time.

Just my opinion, dont shoot me :o
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really see how anything about her career entitles her to be a right moody b1tch who delights in picking fault and parading it in the boardroom to humiliate people (including 17 year olds).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I think you should give her more credit. Firstly, the owner wasn't her dad. It was her boss who bought the club at her persuasion.

Hahahaha. How to get ahead in business, by hard work, attitude and some bloke buying a football club for you. All credit to her.
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone's interested, Karren has now done more series as an observer than Margaret. Margaret did the first five series, Karren is now doing her sixth - she's caught up very quickly because of Young Apprentice.

I much prefer Karren to Margaret, Karren interacts more with the candidates and gives better feedback than Margaret. Nick is still a legend. I wonder if they'd replace him if he left?

Another thing I always wonder is how much Mark Halliley (the narrator) contributes to The Apprentice... he has narrated every series, I personally can't imagine anyone else doing it.

Absolute tosh. Karren is mean and spiteful and loves to tell people (including teenagers) that they got something horribly wrong, without anything constructive to add, all the time with a sour miserable face.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Absolute tosh. Karren is mean and spiteful and loves to tell people (including teenagers) that they got something horribly wrong, without anything constructive to add, all the time with a sour miserable face.

I've seen Karren give positive feedback as well - like about Arjun's creativity, Zara's professionalism, Helen's organisational skills and Patrick's creativity. She's hard to impress, but does not only focus on the negative. Besides, you're telling us right now that Karren is mean and spiteful and you're saying lots of negative things about her, so what makes you any better than her?
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me Karen tries to stick up for the ladies more than she would do if it was a male doing the same thing so its seems that she'll back a female contestant no matter how bad before an excellent male candidate which always makes me have a slight dislike of her opinions as its automatically going to be save the girls and sack the boys but i do also watch the program and look at it and if someones an idiot and deserves the punt then punt away regardless of sex
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    To me Karen tries to stick up for the ladies more than she would do if it was a male doing the same thing

I've noticed the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I dont get all the karen hate at all! she is a well respected business woman and Lord Sugar obviously values her opinion!

the only thing i would say is that every time i seem to watch it (usually i fastforward until it gets to lord sugar as he is the best thing about it for me!!) but the majority of the time, when karen observes a team they end up losing!!
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your grudge against Karren is still ongoing then?

I've not noticed her being spiteful at all. We must be watching different programmes.