Options

Union J - Carry You

Comments

• Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Like the song. I can see a top 10 position for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    'we'll take each step together till you come back to centre you know that I know the real youuu' in the second verse :p

Ooh he has a really good voice! I actually think it's the most standout in the group, I'm surprised that they didn't let him sing more when they were on the XF.

Edit: just seen the video teaser, it doesn't seem very exciting, or entertaining judging by the little bits we've been shown... I hope the final product is better as these teasers don't always do it justice.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    This song is growing on me....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Ooh he has a really good voice! I actually think it's the most standout in the group, I'm surprised that they didn't let him sing more when they were on the XF.

Edit: just seen the video teaser, it doesn't seem very exciting, or entertaining judging by the little bits we've been shown... I hope the final product is better as these teasers don't always do it justice.

Neither is the record. Originality = 0. Pass!!!
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »

I've never seen you post one single positive comment about anything :)
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,552
    Forum Member

I'll Carry You.... to get your ears tested ;):p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The haters can't be carried because they're too fat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I've never seen you post one single positive comment about anything :)

You missed my Kelly Rowland comment then!!!:)
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    The haters can't be carried because they're too fat.

:eek::eek::eek:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnj31bbqUj1qm00hqo1_250.gif
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you like it just a little tiny bit? Come on, admit it, the chorus is kind of catchy! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Do you like it just a little tiny bit? Come on, admit it, the chorus is kind of catchy! :D

No it is a pity really. The lead singer has a reasonably good voice. But it is like processed food - never as good as the real thing. Would be nice if they could come up with an original sound and image.:)
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it is a pity really. The lead singer has a reasonably good voice. But it is like processed food - never as good as the real thing. Would be nice if they could come up with an original sound and image.:)

Aww, that's a reasonably optimistic comment so I'll take it. :D I've got to admit, I was hoping for a different sound (to me, this sounds a lot like 1D, whose music I generally find very bland, so I'd be a hypocrite if I said I absolutely loved this) but I do think the acoustic version is a lot better and it's won me over a bit.

Hopefully their next single won't be done by any of the 1D songwriters, as this one was. I wish Sony would realise there are masses of talented songwriters out there just waiting to catch a break.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I have heard this song a few times on the way to work in the mornings since Jayme done an interview on Coolfm. When I first heard it I wasn't overly sure on it but it has grown on me and I am starting to like the song. I don't think it will be a number one but the lads should do well with it. I would love for them to do something more in the style of how they sang Beneath Your Beautiful on the show for their next song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally really like it but I do hope they have some less commercial songs on their album. It's pretty obvious the song was created to be commercially appealing.

I agree about the 1D writers thing as well. They need to use some lesser known songwriters, or even some big name writers who haven't created songs for 1D, otherwise they might sound too similar in sound.
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You missed my Kelly Rowland comment then!!!:)

See, she's made one positive comment. For her, that's a lot.
  • Options
    Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heads up, the video will be out in the morning, and I see in the Sky listings that it is playing throughout the day on ChartShow TV.... and will probably be on the MTV channels as well I imagine even though it doesn't have designated listings there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were supposed to be getting one of The Voice contestants (who shares management with them and Jessie J) to write a song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it but it's One Direction sounding. Like I like One Direction but I don't need two One Directions.
    I just want them to find their own sound. I really love their vocals.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verses are excellent, but the chorus is a massive letdown.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually it has grown on me but I do agree it does sound like a 1D song as does the new Wanted song called she walks like Rhianna :eek::eek:
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I personally really like it but I do hope they have some less commercial songs on their album. It's pretty obvious the song was created to be commercially appealing.

I agree about the 1D writers thing as well. They need to use some lesser known songwriters, or even some big name writers who haven't created songs for 1D, otherwise they might sound too similar in sound.

It sounds nothing like One Direction to me, it is more The Wanted, like every other The Wanted song apart from Glad you came.
    One Direction's sound is pop rock, and this is bland dance music, very lazy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    It sounds nothing like One Direction to me, it is more The Wanted, like every other The Wanted song apart from Glad you came.

TBH I see alot more of TW sound than 1D... mainly as there is a bit of a dancey vibe to the song which TW tend to go for.

I dont agree with the bland dance though or the lazy comment :p (lazy is releasing WMYB and OT and LWWY - which all 3 sound the sound)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »

Dont know how you can distinguish they both sound the same. You could mix and match them. Hey a new game to play - spot the difference.:D
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH I see alot more of TW sound than 1D... mainly as there is a bit of a dancey vibe to the song which TW tend to go for.

I dont agree with the bland dance though or the lazy comment :p (lazy is releasing WMYB and OT and LWWY - which all 3 sound the sound)

What Makes You Beautiful is a classic song, you can pretend it's not but millions say it is.:p

Being compared to TW must be a big thing for Union J though. Goodluck to them.:D