Facebook friend uses bigotted terms - what would you do?

13»

Comments

• wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    bratwurzt wrote: »
    I'd probably log out of Facebook, open the front door, step out and look for a life.

how pathetic to equate someone with a facebook account as someone without a life :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They sent a rather threatening message saying dont friend ppl you dont know just because they live in a different country than me.

Although I doubt the message from FB would have been "threatening" it does sound patronising beyond belief.

Sometimes I hate Facebook.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wench wrote: »
    how pathetic to equate someone with a facebook account as someone without a life :rolleyes:

And ironic for someone posting on an internet forum.
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bratwurzt wrote: »
    I'd probably log out of Facebook, open the front door, step out and look for a life.

As I am partially housebound, it's not so easy for me to just "step out and look for a life" so thanks for that, really helpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    As I am partially housebound, it's not so easy for me to just "step out and look for a life" so thanks for that, really helpful.

Anyone who still thinks spending lots of time internet is for losers is stuck is just backwards.
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who still thinks spending lots of time internet is for losers is stuck is just backwards.

Agreed. :) I'm used to it though, especially as I met my husband online dating, which of course we all know is only for losers and freaks. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    Agreed. :) I'm used to it though, especially as I met my husband online dating, which of course we all know is only for losers and freaks. :D

Aw, that's lovely! I wouldn't mind meaning someone through online dating - it's quite normal these days and not the scary, loser thing it was considered to be years ago.

I'm online a lot myself due to social anxieties and other issues and I do feel having internet access gives me at least some sort of interaction with people. The best thing is the ability to just "walk away" when I don't like the way that interaction is going. I don't link my online persona with my real life info so avoiding people is easy. :)
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely unfriend someone who used bigoted language and I would tell them why too.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is lucky his employer doesn't read it. If I wrote like that, I would be dismissed. Every Little Helps.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a facebook friend, someone I knew in real life, who made some racist comments. I had no problem with deleting her. She messaged me to ask why, then denied being racist, saying "everyone" uses that terminology. I think some people go through life blissfully unaware of how offensive they are.