Options

Soap of the Week?

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
A new thing in doing called 'Soap of the Week'
Just vote for the soap that impresses you the most this week

Was it CS with Tyrone's fall, Peter's alcoholism and Liz visiting Jim?
ED with Debbie and Ross kissing?
EE with Denise finding out about Ian and Rainie?
Or HO with Finn attacking Nancy and finally beig exposed?

As much as I hate to say it I think HO wins this one
As awful as it has been recently, this weeks episodes have been the best since Esther's bullying IMO

Poll up soon

Soap of the Week? 76 votes

Coronation Street
9% 7 votes
EastEnders
35% 27 votes
Emmerdale
23% 18 votes
Hollyoaks
31% 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    What's the point though Matt? :D DS is full of HO viewers, they always win polls! :p

Emmerdale for me, by a country mile. All the stuff with Donna's funeral, Bob's grief, Brenda trying to comfort April, and mostly Ross - Ross and April especially - has been absolutely cracking, and genuinely moving.

A proper storyline, built over months, with a great climax and a really deeply felt aftermath. Rock solid.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point though Matt? :D DS is full of HO viewers, they always win polls! :p

Emmerdale for me, by a country mile. All the stuff with Donna's funeral, Bob's grief, Brenda trying to comfort April, and mostly Ross - Ross and April especially - has been absolutely cracking, and genuinely moving.

A proper storyline, built over months, with a great climax and a really deeply felt aftermath. Rock solid.

QUICK! Take a screenshot Cyril. ED currently has 100% of the vote! :cool::D:D

ETA Damn, you weren't quick enough. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say Coronation Street stood out for me this week. Autumn looks good too
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks for me because they have had some of the best episodes of the year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for me it has to be eastenders. the scenes with cindy, ian, denise, rainie and cora have been very good. diane parish has been outstanding. across the week i say eastenders deserved 8/10. ;-)
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    QUICK! Take a screenshot Cyril. ED currently has 100% of the vote! :cool::D:D

ETA Damn, you weren't quick enough. :(

That was me. :D

Got to say, I heard EE had a very good week as well. It's not my soap, but fair play to them for coming back from the brink.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch Eastenders and Corrie, but gosh, Eastenders wins by a country mile. Corrie is diabolical these days (although it has improved very slightly). Maddie is becoming more bearable.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for Coronation Street, which is very good at present, with one exception; the producer continues to push his 2 favourites, the pointless, talentless Sophie and Muddie, in front of us. Hollyoaks would come a close 2nd , and Emmerdale would not even be on the list.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Matt, if this becomes a regular thing, can you include Neighbours in the poll, too?
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    EastEnders started on a low but ended on a real high note.

Emmerdale has been stunning for the last three weeks as well.
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks for me, especially after the JP/Finn storyline came to a head. I think Friday's E4 episode alone would win it for me. It was one of Hollyoaks' best episodes ever!
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I could base it on one episode it would be Eastenders for Thursday, Mimi and Adam played an absolute blinder.

For the whole week, Emmerdale. I think it's really strong at the moment apart from James (obviously), and that new Asian family, I have very little clue who they are nor do I care.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Asian family. Nice.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Asian family. Nice.
    Evening Onslow. :)
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross Barton single-handedly swung it for Emmerdale this week. He has been phenomenal.
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    No Aussie soaps included? In that case its as follows...

1. Hollyoaks
    2. Coronation Street
    3. Emmerdale
    4. Eastenders (however, I haven't seen any EE this week so its bias when I place ED above ED :))
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I don't think any of the soaps I watch (EE, Corrie, Hollyoaks) have been on top form this week, but if I had to pick one, I'd choose EE.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Hollyoaks by far

2. Emmerdale -

3. Eastenders - the cindy stuff was good the rest was a bit meh

4. Corrie - Absolutely diabolical
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CS for me this week.............
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I voted for the soap from our lovely Capital City
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Matt, if this becomes a regular thing, can you include Neighbours in the poll, too?

if we are including ramsey street i think we should also include the residents of ambridge. it is the oldest soap opera in the world. ;-)
  • Options
    SweetkittyukSweetkittyuk Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks by a mile for me, especially with the John Paul/Finn rape reveal this week.
    Eastenders 2nd as been a few good things happening.
    Corrie not interested anymore, stopped watching