Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Clearly not everybody agrees though..

Two things you need on DS after midnight, sarcasm and a sense of humour
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    It's called a sense of humour you should be embarrassed as you appear to be lacking even Katie is more amusing this evening apparently, no I don't do twitter either as it's beneath me, DS is however mildly amusing as long as you stay in the appropriate areas and away from the more rabid populous

Oh sorry. I didn't laugh so I don't have a sense of humour. Gotcha. Goodnight.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ali1234 wrote: »
    Are you being for real? I don't even watch either of those programmes. The thread is about a tweet I came across and the responses to said tweet. It is nothing to do with that 'singing contest' on itv. It is about likening a certain texture of hair to a toilet brush.

I've heard of wine snobs, music snobs, and now I see that there are forum snobs too. Lol, 'gated community part of DS where we get a few less weirdos'. I really am embarrassed; for you.
    Blimey!
    12.30 Saturday night/Sunday morning and you're getting enraged at strangers on a forum.
    :D
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you being for real? I don't even watch either of those programmes. The thread is about a tweet I came across and the responses to said tweet. It is nothing to do with that 'singing contest' on itv. It is about likening a certain texture of hair to a toilet brush.

I've heard of wine snobs, music snobs, and now I see that there are forum snobs too. Lol, 'gated community part of DS where we get a few less weirdos'. I really am embarrassed; for you.

Hair snob. Clearly.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Blimey!
    12.30 Saturday night/Sunday morning and you're getting enraged at strangers on a forum.

I know, strange it is, I just remembered when I was at school someone used to get called bog brush don't know who though and certainly wasn't racist as there were only white people in the whole school
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

BIB....it's not though. It is about likening FLEUR'S hair to a toilet brush, at no point did Katie mention all afro hair. My son's pal (who is white) has a huge mop of wiry hair that looks like a toilet brush also....does that make me racist saying that? No!

I reiterate...move along, nothing to see here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey!

To quote TWS, am I? Or are you just assuming so?

By the way TWS, I'm just playing along. Honestly. ^_^
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Hair snob. Clearly.

Not me I barely run a brush through mine
    Forum Member
    To quote TWS, am I? Or are you just assuming so?

By the way TWS, I'm just playing along. Honestly. ^_^

No we don't believe you, your faux outrage wasn't quite right for general discussion you need some more practice
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting thing full of shit I don't see the point and toilet brushes are not much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hair snob. Clearly.

How? I didn't share my thoughts. I just saw a (what I thought was obvious) link between the two and wondered what everyone else saw and how they'd take it.
    TWS wrote: »
    No we don't believe you, your faux outrage wasn't quite right for general discussion you need some more practice

Dammit. When will I win? :cry:
    Forum Member
    How? I didn't share my thoughts. I just saw a (what I thought was obvious) link between the two and wondered what everyone else saw and how they'd take it.

You would need to strap on your big girl panties the boys get hairy at this time of night, pun intended;-)
    Forum Member

I know you said this in humour but sometimes a lot of posters on DS have exactly this attitude. There are no winners and no losers, it is not a competition and is merely an exchange of views and a lively debate at times. I would like to think that, on reading the replies you have received on here, you will agree it wasn't racist. However, even if you don't ... I am still firmly of the opinion that it wasn't .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you said this in humour but sometimes a lot of posters on DS have exactly this attitude. There are no winners and no losers, it is not a competition and is merely an exchange of views and a lively debate at times. I would like to think that, on reading the replies you have received on here, you will agree it wasn't racist. However, even if you don't ... I am still firmly of the opinion that it wasn't .

BIB, I know. Sad for them but to each their own.

Thanks for eventually contributing to the discussion anyway! And no, I don't think it is a racial thing. But I see how some people think it could be. I thought it was ambiguous. That's why I tried to start a discussion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for eventually contributing to the discussion anyway! And no, I don't think it is a racial thing. But I see how some people think it could be. I thought it was ambiguous. That's why I tried to start a discussion.

What did you want to discuss? What do you think she meant or intended by her tweeting what she tweeted? Was it just an observation ?
    Forum Member

Ooh, I was contributing all along but in the interests of 'lively debate; I'll give you that one (only because you came round to my way of thinking in the end) ;-):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did you want to discuss? What do you think she meant or intended by her tweeting what she tweeted? Was it just an observation ?

I won't repeat myself.
    I came across the tweet, saw people arguing beneath it (as they do) and I copied and pasted it here as I was curious to know other peoples' thoughts. It was no deeper than that, for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't repeat myself.
    I came across the tweet, saw people arguing beneath it (as they do) and I copied and pasted it here as I was curious to know other peoples' thoughts. It was no deeper than that, for me.

What did you think of it ? Do you have an opinion ?

I think if you post a thread on General Discussion it's helpful if the poster throws in their opinion to aid discussion :D
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question, do you think that this a racist comment, or not?

It creases me up, how people carefully search for hints of racism nowadays.

I'm guessing you are a younger person than I am. The world when I was born was a truly racist place, where it was common to see "No Blacks or Irish" specified in advertisements for jobs, accommodation etc. My late neighbour, who would be nearly 90 now if he was still alive, came from a tiny village in the west of Ireland, and he was one of the most racist people I've ever encountered - even though he encountered racism against his own people. He genuinely thought black people were subhuman. He had no experience of them at all. They might as well have been aliens. That's how the average person in Britain used to think, 40 or 50 years ago. Well, we've moved on a long way from that.

And you think a passing rude comment about someone's hair might be racist. ^_^
    Forum Member
    I won't repeat myself.

When I said that some DS posters have the 'win at all costs' attitude, Benjamini is one of them! Don't entertain ;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I said that some DS posters have the 'win at all costs' attitude, Benjamini is one of them! Don't entertain ;-):D

Some are just natural winners :D
    Forum Member
    Some are just natural winners :D

Indeed! And we can sit back in the knowledge that we are, isn't that right ali1234? ;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did you think of it ? Do you have an opinion ?

I think if you post a thread on General Discussion it's helpful if the poster throws in their opinion to aid discussion :D

Yes and that's generally how discussions work in person too. I said my view a few comments ago to maidinscotland. I said I don't think it is racial but I see how some think it is. It's as 'neither here nor there' for me as turquoise being classed as a shade of blue or green.
    It creases me up, how people carefully search for hints of racism nowadays.

I'm guessing you are a younger person than I am. The world when I was born was a truly racist place, where it was common to see "No Blacks or Irish" specified in advertisements for jobs, accommodation etc. My late neighbour, who would be nearly 90 now if he was still alive, came from a tiny village in the west of Ireland, and he was one of the most racist people I've ever encountered - even though he encountered racism against his own people. He genuinely thought black people were subhuman. He had no experience of them at all. They might as well have been aliens. That's how the average person in Britain used to think, 40 or 50 years ago. Well, we've moved on a long way from that.

And you think a passing rude comment about someone's hair might be racist. ^_^

BIB, me? Here we go again. :(

I AM aware of all of the above, if it was directed at me.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

Fibber :D

You had a thread in the Xfactor section last year and oddly enough it was to do with hair.

'comments on Luke's hair'

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69423442&postcount=1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fibber :D

You had a thread in the Xfactor section last year and oddly enough it was to do with hair.

'comments on Luke's hair'

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69423442&postcount=1

Lol what a coincidence about the hair thing. ^_^ I found it strange that the judges kept saying Luke needed to wash his hair. I did indeed watch some of the live shows last year. That's why I was confused at the comments about Luke needing to wash his hair at that late stage. Someone then told me that he said he doesn't wash it which cleared that up for me.
    I don't watch it at all now though. I've hated it for years and finally my family do too.