Eastenders - Give Donna a Storyline!

BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would anyone else like to see Donna Yates get a proper storyline in EE?

Her main purpose has been to be nasty to everyone so far. But I've really liked seeing her softer side recently towards Kat, and would welcome to see more of her backstory.

I think it'd be a good move if she and Kat joined forces and ran a stall together...

Comments

• Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress is just happy to be there..
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I don't like her.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please no... The actress is absolutely awful IMO, and she's just there, she needs axing, not a storyline!

DTC: 'Dexter was just floating around' yeah and what does Donna do that's so worth keeping on to?

She's also extremely unpopular on social media... I think the character has even received death threats!:/
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I personally think she is better as a supporting character.
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Please no... The actress is absolutely awful IMO, and she's just there, she needs axing, not a storyline!

DTC: 'Dexter was just floating around' yeah and what does Donna do that's so worth keeping on to?

She's also extremely unpopular on social media... I think the character has even received death threats!:/

She was really mean and negative at first. But we have seen a softer side to her lately supporting Kat through her troubles.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but wonder if she is there for the sake of it to provide a bit of comedy and sniddy remarks like how Mo has become over the years. Or whether DTC has a plan for her.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not impressed by the actress so far - but to be fair she hasn't really been given anything that gives her a chance to show what she can do. She seems like a glorified extra at the moment.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

me too and the show has to have supporting characters
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

Yeah that makes more sense to me. She's had more lines than say Winston and Tracey recently. And to me she seems to be a similar type of character.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silly question but why do some people witn Dwafism use wheelchairs and some not. ?
  • eaststreetlovereaststreetlover Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part of me can see her replace Bianca as Kat's best friend. I agree in that they should run a stall together. I can even see them living together on the square....
  • P-ComboP-Combo Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Silly question but why do some people witn Dwafism use wheelchairs and some not. ?

There is different types of Dwarfism that makes it difficult to make people walk, some use crutches, some use wheelchairs etc etc.

But she can actually walk without a chair. She walked when she was in max and paddy road to no where.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I Had to think very hard to work out 'Who's Donna?' :D
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P-Combo wrote: »
    There is different types of Dwarfism that makes it difficult to make people walk, some use crutches, some use wheelchairs etc etc.

But she can actually walk without a chair. She walked when she was in max and paddy road to no where.

I think that the actress isn't able to walk long distances.

I have a feeling Donna was intended to have more to do with Bianca and Terry, so her involvement was cut down when they left. I'd like to see more of Donna, although I think she's best as a supporting character. Maybe she'll play a bigger part if there is a story that involves the market again (hopefully not as bad as the market shutdown), or if she becomes more involved with the major characters. I still think she'd make a good confidante to Kush, and maybe help in getting him and Shabnam together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see her try and pull Alfie. They deserve each other.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eejm wrote: »
    I think that the actress isn't able to walk long distances.

I have a feeling Donna was intended to have more to do with Bianca and Terry, so her involvement was cut down when they left. I'd like to see more of Donna, although I think she's best as a supporting character. Maybe she'll play a bigger part if there is a story that involves the market again (hopefully not as bad as the market shutdown), or if she becomes more involved with the major characters. I still think she'd make a good confidante to Kush, and maybe help in getting him and Shabnam together.

I thought Donna and Terry were going to get together. Or at least that Donna was going to try it on with him. Shame Patsy wanted to leave. As I quite miss Terry.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Had to think very hard to work out 'Who's Donna?' :D

Yeah me too! Lol
  • bobby-lee 101bobby-lee 101 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigDuck wrote: »
    Would anyone else like to see Donna Yates get a proper storyline in EE?

Her main purpose has been to be nasty to everyone so far. But I've really liked seeing her softer side recently towards Kat, and would welcome to see more of her backstory.

I think it'd be a good move if she and Kat joined forces and ran a stall together...

Everyone is being really negative but I totally agree with you, Donna has the potential to be a great character if DTC let's her. Granted she is a nasty bitch but so is Shirley and look how well loved she has become.
  • fiyero26fiyero26 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Hmm. I'd like to see more of her. It's not that I don't like her it's just I don't really feel like she's been on screen enough to judge. I would like to her do something other than provide a snide comment to Kat. I think she needs friends. Kat would be the obvious choice, but I'd like to see her interact with someone like Shabnam or Tina. I hope DTC has a plan for her....
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC has said for a long time he wanted to introduce a disabled character with flaws, and who wasn't there for the audience to sympathise with.
    I really like Donna (as a character) and would love to see more of her.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she should be axed, she does not do anything!