Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest reports say that we are actively trying to off load Ade and Soldado to fund a bid for Porto striker Jackson Martinez.

I'll ignore the one that says we have agreed a deal to sell Eriksen to Liverpool as pure fantasy!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Latest reports say that we are actively trying to off load Ade and Soldado to fund a bid for Porto striker Jackson Martinez.

I'll ignore the one that says we have agreed a deal to sell Eriksen to Liverpool as pure fantasy!

I'd certainly take Martinez though, but I agree, it's definitely out there.

The case against the pitch invaders has been settled - they've been fined a "massive" £155 each and banned for 4 years.

According to their lawyer, their decision to run on to the pitch was "spur of the moment" but surely the YouTube video of them outside the ground beforehand contradicts that?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/tottenham-pitch-invaders-fined-155-apiece-and-banned-until-2018?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is quite nice from Soldado.
    Roberto Soldado has revealed that the Tottenham fans’ support for him has made him feel embarrassed about his performances.
    “From the first minute I’m involved, even before I’ve done anything, the fans show they believe in me, and I feel ashamed at not being able to satisfy them,” said Soldado. “It’s hard when they sing.

“I hear them chanting my name and if I miss a chance, I feel bad. I can’t thank them enough. I just hope I can reach the level they expect and I just need to take advantage of the great players around me.

“If only I knew that little something that’s missing for me to find my form, really show my game and for the goals to start flowing. I am reassured, though, because the manager (Mauricio Pochettino) is giving me more minutes on the pitch.

“With that, my time will come, because in the games I’m feeling good. The critical thing is that the goals aren’t coming but I know they will, because I’m working really hard for the team, and that is important.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-fans-loyalty-leaves-roberto-soldado-ashamed-about-performances-9934962.html

And if anyone missed it on the other page, this really is worth a read.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/12/17/7136212/-?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've got BT Sport, it looks like they'll be showing every game bar one (i think) we have in Febuary live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, for the first time in a long time, we actually have a fully fit squad and no injury worries for the weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teamsheet: Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane

Subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Rose, Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend, Soldado

Not much of a surprise really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for consistency of selection but I'd certainly be looking to start Soldado after he scored in the week. would have done his confidence the world of good
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,728
    Forum Member
    Assuming Eriksen is going to play in the number 10 role then I'm happy not to include Soldado.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 -0 who else but Kane!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was an eventful half. Lamela has been excellent and deserves his goal, although I suppose if the Burnley players start getting physical it might change.

Worrying injury to Mason though. Certainly hope it's nothing serious.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Well that was an eventful half. Lamela has been excellent and deserves his goal, although I suppose if the Burnley players start getting physical it might change.

Worrying injury to Mason though. Certainly hope it's nothing serious.

Cracking finish from Lemela.

On the whole it's clear a corner has been turned for the team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    Cracking finish from Lemela.

On the whole it's clear a corner has been turned for the team.

Well maybe we're on our way around that corner, rather than having turned it completely :)

We've had a few false starts this season where we've performed well in one game and then gone backwards in the next, but this is looking like another good performance on the back of the game against Newcastle so it's certainly a good sign.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    ...On the whole it's clear a corner has been turned for the team.
    Still like us to tighten up at the back and keep more cleans sheets.

Shame Mason having to go off but we will get to see how Stambouli stands up to the rigours of a full-on Premiership game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think we ended up making it look like hard work, but i'm glad we hung on for the win.

Stambouli did ok i think - he's clearly more of a defensive player than Mason, but i certainly think he was just fine. If Mason is out for any length of time, it could potentially change any plans we had to move Dembele on next month i suppose.

Since the defeat by Newcastle back in October, in all competitions the record is P13, W10, D1, L2 which is pretty good going I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Yedlin has reportedly been granted a work permit which means that he doesn't need to get a Latvian passport.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news about Yedlin. Having proper cover for Walker will be very handy.

if this is true, then maybe there really is a santa :)

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/transfer-talk/news/inter-want-spurs-winger-lennon_194938.html
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    almost no mention of Lamela last night on MOTD, despite him FINALLY breaking his duck with a beauty that also doubled as the winner, and generally being the best player on the pitch. the only thing they wanted to talk about was Harry Kane.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mancini confirms they're looking for a winger and mentions Lennon. Please Santa, make this happen ..
    “I have already made the point, we are looking for a winger and preferably two,” Mancini told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “We need a player who is strong, very fast, direct, good technically and capable of scoring goals. If we can’t find a player with these qualities then it is better not to buy anyone at all. Cerci, Lennon and Lucas Leiva are all good reference points and not random choices.”

http://takefootball.com/inter-milan-coach-confirms-interest-in-tottenham-winger/?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More success for the youngsters winning the IMG Cup in Florida.

Ryan Mason has a foot/ankle injury - no return date yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Standard, there's apparently an outside chance he'll be involved on Boxing Day but they also say that the club could error on the side of caution which i think is quite wise, especially since we've got Chelsea then United two days later.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-injury-news-ryan-mason-confident-of-being-fit-for-festive-schedule-despite-ankle-knock-9939373.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    almost no mention of Lamela last night on MOTD, despite him FINALLY breaking his duck with a beauty that also doubled as the winner, and generally being the best player on the pitch. the only thing they wanted to talk about was Harry Kane.
    Lamela's best game yet. Hope this is a sign that we are going to see his talked about potential more regularly on the pitch.

Noticed he also did his first interview in English as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lamela always does try hard. He's always chasing around and looking to get the ball and make something happen. The problem he's been having is when opposing defenders start to get physical with him, he's easily dealt with.

But I suppose it's a double edged sword really because if he bulked up then he might lose some of that speed he has
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/deandre-to-join-in-january-231214/

Yedlin official announcement. Pack your bags Naughton!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen that announcement. Very pleased he's joining now.

Poch's remarks about him might suggest Naughton isn't so cut and dried for an immediate move as Yedlin might be eased in to the side once he's more settled in this country.

Still, if Naughton does move on then I'll wish him well because he's been a decent player for us when we've needed him.
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lamela always does try hard. He's always chasing around and looking to get the ball and make something happen. The problem he's been having is when opposing defenders start to get physical with him, he's easily dealt with.

But I suppose it's a double edged sword really because if he bulked up then he might lose some of that speed he has

I like to hope he would go more the way of Bale and Ronaldo who have got better and better as they bulked. Not saying he is on their level, they are just two examples I can think of who were originally a lot smaller but have now really bulked up and it seems to have really improved their game.

Fantastic news about Yedlin.
This discussion has been closed.