******Spoiler*********

2»

Comments

• ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the whole point of AI and the difference between it and X-factor was that the contestants get to choose their own songs - and in the past have done their own arrangements.

Don't tell me by getting Jimmy in the whole thing has changed, he's choosing the songs and the arrangements. Too many be-bopping trios and choirs for my liking this time round.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Can't believe you guys.

Casey, Jacob and Pia were the standouts this week and Casey converted me from 'meh' to a big fan. This is the easiest save the judges will ever have.

Try to look beyond the hair and the beard. Stop judging and start listening people! ;)
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bubster wrote: »
    Can't believe you guys.

Casey, Jacob and Pia were the standouts this week and Casey converted me from 'meh' to a big fan. This is the easiest save the judges will ever have.

Try to look beyond the hair and the beard. Stop judging and start listening people! ;)

:confused:

Nobody's even mentioned Casey's looks or appearance. I rather like him with the beard and his hair. No-one's judging on his appearance, only his singing. We're not the actual ones voting here.
    Forum Member
    Well people ain't judging him on the vocals darling, that's for sure!

Sorry, replied to wrong spoiler thread - comments still stand though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well people ain't judging him on the vocals darling, that's for sure!

Yep, they are buddy/darling/whatever!
    Forum Member
    Then why did the judges save him so quickly. Don't you dare say it's a conspiracy thing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL Whatever :D
    Forum Member
    You say 'whatever' a lot - i'm guessing you're in that perceptive 9 - 13 demographic :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How very perceptive of you. You should check out my other posts ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    It was clearly a pre-determined decision by Nigel and the producers to ask the judges to use the save, as they wanted all 11 on the tour.
    I think regardless who had been the bottom vote-getter, they would have still saved them. This lot are all very diverse this season which will be good for the tour.
    As soon as Casey started singing I knew they would use the save.

It seems my thoughts on this were more or less right....

Idol Tour Decision Made Before The Save
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    It seems my thoughts on this were more or less right....

Idol Tour Decision Made Before The Save

The show is a complete farce this year.

I don't even believe the judges' comments are anything different to this and they are simply what they are instructed to give.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    You say 'whatever' a lot - i'm guessing you're in that perceptive 9 - 13 demographic :D:D
    How very perceptive of you. You should check out my other posts ;)

:D:D:D:D No offence linnylou but that guess at your age made me spit my coffee out. Are you flattered or insulted? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katwoman wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D No offence linnylou but that guess at your age made me spit my coffee out. Are you flattered or insulted? :D

I think I was surprised more than anything! :D

It's always nice to have someone knock a few years off your age, but I don't think I've ever had that many years taken off :D
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Can't believe you guys.

This isn't your only post that suggests you seem to think most people only judge on looks rather than vocals. Casey is not exactly an ugly boy and the unconventional look for a 20 year old makes him distinctive. The problem is his voice isn't that good and is full of affectations and gimmicks. He's a very good musician but that isn't what the contest is about.

As for Jacob, he's probably this year's best vocalist but he doesn't seem to understand the power of understatedness with the occasional showboating.

Pia is merely another pretty and better than average female. Nothing that would stand out in a year with stronger female contestants or anything to get excited about unless she miraculously develops the skill of moving her feet while moving her mouth over the next couple of weeks.
    Forum Member
    This isn't your only post that suggests you seem to think most people only judge on looks rather than vocals. Casey is not exactly an ugly boy and the unconventional look for a 20 year old makes him distinctive. The problem is his voice isn't that good and is full of affectations and gimmicks. He's a very good musician but that isn't what the contest is about.

As for Jacob, he's probably this year's best vocalist but he doesn't seem to understand the power of understatedness with the occasional showboating.

Pia is merely another pretty and better than average female. Nothing that would stand out in a year with stronger female contestants or anything to get excited about unless she miraculously develops the skill of moving her feet while moving her mouth over the next couple of weeks.

Pia is one of the best 5 female contestants AI has ever had and that's why she is 2nd favourite this year with the bookies.

Your first point ironically echoes what I was saying, that this should be a singing contest but it isn't because the public is generally rife with all kinds of weird and irrational prejudices.

All makes for compulsive viewing though, I must say:)