The Saturdays - What are you waiting for...Flop?

Removed_User2Removed_User2 Posts: 380
Forum Member
Hi everyone, so since the first day (s) of the sats brand new single being released, ive been checking here and it hasnt been doing well, it was at no. 19 yesterday by the end of the day no.18 ... :(

http://snkhan.co.uk/stuff/iTunes.php

Is this another flop for the girls?

Comments

• mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, so since the first day (s) of the sats brand new single being released, ive been checking here and it hasnt been doing well, it was at no. 19 yesterday by the end of the day no.18 ... :(

http://snkhan.co.uk/stuff/iTunes.php

Is this another flop for the girls?

This sounds more like a question a record exec (or their assistant) would pose.
    You might have started with, is it any good of a song before you considered the sales figures or posed the truly uninspired ....flop?
  • Removed_User2Removed_User2 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    This sounds more like a question a record exec (or their assistant) would pose.
    You might have started with, is it any good of a song before you considered the sales figures or posed the truly uninspired ....flop?

Ok, well I do think its really repetative, however i thought their fanbase could support it enough to get top 12

I was expecting it to chart top 10, maybe no.7\ no.8\no.9 cause of their popularity but the song itself ... deserves less true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've had much better singles in the past! The vid looks great though.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They clearly rely on Radio 1 to get top ten hits.

Without it they're screwed.
    Forum Member
    They've had much better singles in the past! The vid looks great though.

I totally agreed! Loved the video, have the song on my phone but... its nothing ill be remembering well i believe
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny because when their last song flopped, the excuse was it was the 4th single from an album (that hardly anyone bought). I wonder what the excuse will be this time?
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »

why have radio 1 stopped playing them out of interest? its such a strange station.

but IMO this song isnt very good. the saturdays are way to inconsistent.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of negative factors surrounding this release tbh, almost no decent promo, no TV/radio support, and an unwillingness to actually get out there and do some hard work are what's holding them back.
    Honestly I get the impression that they no longer care.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other new tracks on he album are ten times stronger they need to get one out asap or just promote the album with old stuff
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    The other new tracks on he album are ten times stronger they need to get one out asap or just promote the album with old stuff

Exactly. I think 808 is really good and that should be the next single from the GH. In fact it should have been the lead single. Why is it they always pick rubbish lead singles? :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think What Are You Waiting For is a pretty decent tune. Definitely deserves top 10.
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    I think What Are You Waiting For is a pretty decent tune. Definitely deserves top 10.

question is ...will it get there :(
    fingers crossed
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    question is ...will it get there :(
    Answer is...no. If it was ever going to go top 10, it would be floating around there already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I think one factor that may not be helping its chart position is the fact it was released in the same week as the album. I would normally have bought the single, but as the album with the single was out the day after, I just waited and bought that.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I normally don't find anything special about Saturdays' songs, but this song is better than most of theirs I've heard.
    Forum Member
    timdean92 wrote: »
    I think one factor that may not be helping its chart position is the fact it was released in the same week as the album. I would normally have bought the single, but as the album with the single was out the day after, I just waited and bought that.

very valid point!
  • qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    why have radio 1 stopped playing them out of interest? its such a strange station.

but IMO this song isnt very good. the saturdays are way to inconsistent.

Radio One haven't stopped playing them - just the other day they played "Disco Love" and "What About Us" is still on from time to time. I honestly think this song is a mess. I liked it at first but after a few listens it's gone stale. It isn't very memorable at all.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get how the label makes money off them?

Their sales are ABYSMAL!!

They can't even sell a 2500 venue at 100% capacity!

I checked ALL their tour dates for the "Greatest Hits" live and you can get up to 6 tickets in very good areas near the stage in EVERY venue! They have been on sale since like May!

They do BASIC dance moves and they can't even do that in time together!!

They seem like 5 lovely girls but in all seriousness.....HOW DO THEY EARN MONEY? How does a record label look at all this and think "yes let's keep going!"
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well their music videos are funded by product placement (Citroen etc)

I can't begin to imagine how the record company makes money out of them? But they must.

I do admire them for continuing despite the ridiculously bad sales.
  • qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd imagine that the record company take a cut of any outside deals the girls have. what each of them do on the side must be some sort of income.
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »

Capital have only played their song once which is why they're screwed. Their song would be a success if it was on Capital's playlist.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny because capital really play a complete load of crap, yet they neglect the best pop act Britain has had since Girls Aloud. Amazing.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Pointless group - they have left zero impact
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're #6 in the midweeks with the album on sales of....2,700. :(

Single is #10.
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    It's funny because capital really play a complete load of crap, yet they neglect the best pop act Britain has had since Girls Aloud. Amazing.

They have time to play songs such as "Happy", "Fancy" and "All Of Me" every hour which is why decent songs such as "Your Love", "Kisses For Breakfast", "One Day (Vandaag)" and "What Are You Waiting For" get snubbed.