Options

Why is the exp share still broken in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
I began playing Alpha Sapphire today and have just gotten the idiotic exp share. Prior to X and Y the exp share was a item that you could give to a single pokemon. When another pokemon battled the pokemon that battled and the pokemon holding the exp share would get half of the full experience each. It was a nice item for leveling up weak pokemon and pokemon you couldn't use in the area you where in. But i wasn't broken since you gained no extra expierence by using it. Unfortunaly the X and Y exp share is a key item that shares the battling pokemons exp to the rest of the team. Shares isn't the rigth word. It doesn't divide the exp and gives all pokemon the full exp points. If you have six pokemon you will get six times as much exp as if you had one pokemon if the exp share are on. This is so broken and makes your pokemon level up super fast. This makes the game much easier then it was intended becuase you will gain ridicoulosy high levels and steamroll any challenge down. I know that you can turn of the exp share. And i do that and did that in X and Y. But that's just me, i bet 97% of all players won't and will make the game super easy. Pokemon games has always been easy but they were still hard enough to make you try and feel in danger sometimes. Why did Gamefreak suddenly implement such a difficulty lowering feature? Pokemon Black and White 2 , the game rigth before had a difficulty highering feature. Gamefreak also has realized that pokemon has a big skilled adult community whit how extra much they care about the metagame nowadays. They know that the players isn't just dumb little kids. So why do they make the exp share so broken? I am so pissed that the perfect Alpha Sapphire will be so much worse for most players becuase of a single stupid and paltry item they should have fixed at this point.>:(

Comments

• Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I just got the exp share on my game, and I think i'm going to have it set to off until I complete the main story. The games aren't difficult enough.
    I was also shocked to get it so early into the game, before the first Gym which makes it even easier>:(

Wish Pokemon would have two difficulty settings, 'Normal' for the kids and 'Advanced' for the adults.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Well your lead won't get higher levels, this just makes it so the rest of your team more closely matches your lead. Before, you'd have your lead dozens of levels ahead of the rest of your team, and would be forced to use that almost all the time. This way the rest of your team is actually useful, and you aren't just lugging around five deadweights. I much prefer it.

And as for challenge, the main game is never much of a challenge anyway, it's more just the fun of the playthrough for me, that's why I spend most of my time on the post game content, like the battle Maison's, Towers etc... and online battling. My playthrough team is never particularly competitive, because you can't breed for IV's at the start of the game, and EV training at the start is difficult too. I see the EXP share as more of a time saving device than 'broken', since the game isn't tough anyway if you grind, and that just makes it a bit less of a grind fest.